• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too Hard?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, I know this is gonna sound pathetic, so bear with me. I was gonna start BbS on Beginner, but realized I really wanted to see the secret ending. So, I picked Proud. But, I suck at videogames, so it is HARD. Well, it might be genuinely hard, and it's not just me. Anyway, for example, I'm on that big boss you fight with Aqua and Ven in RG. I'm playing as Terra. I literally get hit with his beam once, and I die. I just want to know if you have some tips for that boss, or general tips on surviving Proud Mode.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Okay, I know this is gonna sound pathetic, so bear with me. I was gonna start BbS on Beginner, but realized I really wanted to see the secret ending. So, I picked Proud. But, I suck at videogames, so it is HARD. Well, it might be genuinely hard, and it's not just me. Anyway, for example, I'm on that big boss you fight with Aqua and Ven in RG. I'm playing as Terra. I literally get hit with his beam once, and I die. I just want to know if you have some tips for that boss, or general tips on surviving Proud Mode.

I'm doing the game on critical and have already done Terra's story (took 16 hours).

For this boss, the biggest issue is the beam. When the beam's going toward you, use the dash command to dash through it and you won't take damage. Jumping won't work against it.

Good luck! Oh, and for the last few fights of the game, make sure you get once more and second chance.

Shadow Key

Hey, I tried it on STANDARD and I died very easily. So I agree, it's pretty difficult. But honestly, if you really want to see the Secret Movie that bad, it's up on YouTube already.

As for tips? Well, I gave up there and went to beginner because I suck like that. :p

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ironically I find Critical really easy. Idk why. Probably I know what to do since I beat it in Proud in Japanese and Proud was pretty easy in JPN. and It feels like Critical is Proud in JPN version, Idk, I might play Proud for my 2nd Playthrough and see what so hard about it. :/, cause I've been hearing that Proud is difficult. and Critical just seems easy for me. I might just have to do Lv 1 Critical than.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Ironically I find Critical really easy. Idk why. Probably I know what to do since I beat it in Proud in Japanese and Proud was pretty easy in JPN. and It feels like Critical is Proud in JPN version, Idk, I might play Proud for my 2nd Playthrough and see what so hard about it. :/, cause I've been hearing that Proud is difficult. and Critical just seems easy for me. I might just have to do Lv 1 Critical than.

Really? I guess I'm not a pro then haha.

I had trouble at first, but things didn't get really difficult once I got used to it until I fought Terranort in Terra's story

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
But honestly, if you really want to see the Secret Movie that bad, it's up on YouTube already.

Yeah, but I'm in a situation where I can't go on YouTube, so that's a no. Plus, I kinda wanna see the secret ending on my PSP, y'know?

On a side note, do you need to do the qualifications for the SE to play the Last Episode? Meaning, if I wanted to play beginner, could I play the Last Episode?

jdeib963

So yeah im on Critical Level one. I have played the Japanese version proud mode and thought it was easy too. BUT let me tell you, Critical Level 1 is insanely challenging. I wouldnt recommend it for first timers. Its frustrating how long it takes to kill anything but once you do, you feel invincible....until the next unverse encounter. I love the US version 20X more than the japanese version.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I am training to defeat him. What Lv were you? I forgot what lv I was in my JPN BBS.

I was 37 when I fought him, but you don't NEED to be that high. (I got that high from trying to synthesize a certain command for the once more abillity) If you're patient enough, you could take him on at level 30.

But make sure you get once more for that fight! His one combo can't be stopped once it starts, and it can take out all your health. (on critical that is)

GTarablus

I am training to defeat him. What Lv were you? I forgot what lv I was in my JPN BBS.

When i defeated him i was on 38-39 i think and i just managed it... that battle is frustrating!!! The key is ShotLock, and focus block (win a command board match in castle of dreams) because you have alot to block which prevents you from going melee on him for Focus.
Really? I guess I'm not a pro then haha.

I had trouble at first, but things didn't get really difficult once I got used to it until I fought Terranort in Terra's story

Ya I had trouble with terra in the begging as well but i started out perfectly with ven! i didnt die once in the first worlds and still im closing in on his story with only 3 deaths!! i think i'll do better with aqua cause im experienced from terra and ven and i use lots of Magic :)

DXLelouch

lolz ill prob make Terranort my bitch on my first playthrough i already have Leaf Bracer,Megaflare,Ragnarock,and Once More all thks to my strategy Guide ^^

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh, and for the last few fights of the game, make sure you get once more and second chance.

How do you get Second Chance and Once More? Some of the last few boss fights I've done (as Terra) mostly Zack and Eraqus would have been so much easier if I didn't have to worry about being instantly killed at full health.

Shadow Key

How do you get Second Chance and Once More? Some of the last few boss fights I've done (as Terra) mostly Zack and Eraqus would have been so much easier if I didn't have to worry about being instantly killed at full health.

Amen. This would make my life loads much easier.

And, on a side note, I went on Beginner mode because I suck and when I got to Deep Space I instantly started sucking like I was on Standard. :p

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I just beat him :3 I was level 36.
He beat me like 3 times. Than I kicked her little Terra pants butt D:< taking my pants is wrong to do D:<

Yeah once I had "once more" it only took five tries.

Don't worry about second chance. Once more is basically just an improved version.

Here's how I got it with the command meld:

Do FIRA and FIRA with the WELLSPRING CRYSTAL. You'll get FIRAGA with the once more ability.

Note: there's a small chance Aqua might get something else, so if you're here, save before you do it and keep reloading until you get it right.

V

Ventus91

it gets harder when you get to Aqua's story since she's low with strength but high with magic and some unversed are pretty strong agaisnt magic. but she does have the coolest fights out of the three characters :)

impart

Climb The Sky
okay here's what you do

go to a save point

then go and train in the next room over and over.

level up 5-10 times

then you shouldn't have a problem

do this for every boss you get stuck at

works like a charm
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back