• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
If anything, Kingdom Hearts 2 was like Kingdom Hearts 2 part 2 with Chain of Memories being part 1. The narrative feels more complete when you consider what happens in that story arc.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I do think Lexaeus was important to CoM, and did have some impact. However, Zexion could have easily pulled it off on his own, like you said. I love Lex, but the sad fact is that he didn't leave a major major impact on the story. Sadly. :(

Mmhm. Much like Luxord :C I love the sexy Brit but sadly, aside from sticking to the gambler meme they didn't do much with him.
That does mean, however, they didn't over-do anything with him which is actually a good point, for most of the Organization members, as much as some people might resent that about Days.
Characters they didn't have much essence didn't have too much done with them. While it might've been better without them at all, at least they weren't shoved in our faces too much without anything done with them.
Unlike a certain girl about whom I ranted in length xD;

If anything, Kingdom Hearts 2 was like Kingdom Hearts 2 part 2 with Chain of Memories being part 1. The narrative feels more complete when you consider what happens in that story arc.

Mmhm, especially with Riku and Mickey's story-lines. Even without Days, if you at least played Reverse-Rebirth, you had a clue about what was going on with Riku, why he was missing, and why it made sense he became XH again - CoM complications.
I seriously don't get people who skip that game :C

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I didn't mind CoM on the gameboy as much.
Certainly not as much as I minded KH2 being a complete mockery of any kind of decent story-telling, least of all the standards set in the previous games prior to it. Yes, they might not be master pieces, KH1 and CoM, but even when we're praising them, comparing them to KH2 at all is an insult :\

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Any hatred the series gets is well deserved.

Nah. Writing wise the rest was decent so long as you stay away from reading any Nomura interviews. He must love the taste of his foot to not get it out of his mouth so much.

YES WAY TOO MUCH HATE ON KH2! ITS THE BEST ONE YET. (Havent played BbS)

You love button meshers, don't you?
AND SORA SINGING HAKUNA MATATA.
I SHUN THEE, HAMSTER LORD.
SHUUUUUUUUUUN

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Nah. Writing wise the rest was decent so long as you stay away from reading any Nomura interviews. He must love the taste of his foot to not get it out of his mouth so much.

SHUUUUUUUUUUN

Yes. Watching Sora sing Hakuna Matata and Button Mashing as a 9 year old was epic beyond all belief.
I SHUN YOU! HA.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
YES WAY TOO MUCH HATE ON KH2! ITS THE BEST ONE YET. (Havent played BbS)

Ew. besides, CoM was the best.

I hate him so much.

SHUUUUUUUUUUN

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!

Shadow Key

Personally, I loved Kingdom Hearts II. I just thought the gameplay was a bit too easy and SOME cutscenes were to long. I don't know why every hates on it so much, either.

sorarules

Where dreams are reborn, just to die again.
Website
rihaansfics.com
Easiness of the gameplay:

Sora has gotten hella stronger in this game. Easier and quicker to maneuver makes a lethal combination. Sadly, The enemies are pretty much the same. Not just the heartless/nobodies, but the bosses are much easier to take down in KH2 than the original. Remember when you had to do a strategy? When you couldn't just keep charging in or you'll die? Well, now you can! The enemies stand there more than they attack, waiting for you to hit them, and when they do attack, You know what move they're going to do next. Sure, you can blame it on the quotes they say before they start an attack, but You can pretty much predict what's going to happen. If you know they game well, you can never get hit the entire game. A feat that was borderline impossible in the first game.

The reaction commands: while most are cool, I'd rather have the choice of using them or not. When you want a fight to last longer, (because it's fun to trash-talk an enemy before you kill it...but I digress) and your enemy has a bar left, you're okay. But then he pulls you into a mandatory Reaction command. You get brutally injured, or you give it a one hit kill. I would've at least asked for multiple-button reaction commands, because one button makes it so much easier.

Still, it can be challenging and enjoyable, especially Proud Mode!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Days aside, you're gonna hear a lot less hate about any of the previous installments than about KH2.
Or let me put it this way.

Most people will love on KH2 for the gameplay. What you're gonna hear whines and rants about is the plot and characters, whereas in the previous installments, the worst you'll get is CoM's conceptual game system and KH1's camera as both writing and gameplay were at least satisfying if the story wasn't more than satisfactory.
The vast majority of KH players don't mind the plot and dialogue all that much, so when they hear "Sora, Donald and Goofy", unlike me, they're spared the urge to gag.
When it comes to negative feedback though, the people who dislike KH2 will be oh so much louder.

Jakek9

Quite frankly I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 2 the most out of the whole series. and I think they exxagerate when they say they can mash the X button to win.I was on Proud the other day and tried expierementing with this. I can find quite a few heartless which you cannot Jam the X button to defeat them.

The plot doesn't seem all that bad, and even though it could have been done better, I still love it. Everyone complains the disney worlds have no significance. Did KH1's? Minus two worlds, no.

I ESPECIALLY love KH2 Final Mix +. It makes my Favorite game even better. And I am happy they changed the crappy Camera view, I mean who's idea was it to do that in the first place?

I love KH2 and I'm glad it happened the way it did.

I found it just as difficult if not a little bit easier then KH1, which I was still able to mash the X button on Heartless. Bosses are different. I think they may be dead on even with bosses with both.
there may be one or two that may be harder then the previous ones or future ones.

Plus I love the Cutscene graphics alot more then KH1's.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The plot doesn't seem all that bad, and even though it could have been done better, I still love it. Everyone complains the disney worlds have no significance. Did KH1's? Minus two worlds, no.

PoHs + plot introduction and development = Wonderland, Agrabah.
Keyblade information = Traverse Town, Atlantica
SDG development = Deep Jungle, Neverland
Pure plot = Traverse Town, End of the World, Hollow Bastion, Neverland
Heartless + Heart introduction = Halloween Town.
Arguably the only world that's completely redundant is Olympus but you get Disney villains time there and Cloud which makes it important.

Worlds west of Disney castle were a complete waste of time in KH2 and that's even if I give most worlds east of it the benefit of the doubt.

And notice you didn't mention at ALL what most of us talk about. Being characters and such. And liking the FM+ doesn't mean you like KH2. The FM+ was born because Nomura realized how much he messed up on KH2 when he was helping out on the novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back