• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Toonami

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Re: Toonami - ONE PIECE ON LINEUP!

I think you guys are missing the point. It's not exciting because we get to see old episodes on t.v. once a week. It's exciting because it'll expose new people to the series, which should help to boost its popularity in the states.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I think you guys are missing the point. It's not exciting because we get to see old episodes on t.v. once a week. It's exciting because it'll expose new people to the series, which should help to boost its popularity in the states.

That's under the pretense that anyone is watching Toonami but old fans who are nostalgic about the block. I sincerely doubt the audience includes many other people.

I'm trying my best not to sound negative but I don't think putting One Piece on the block is going to garner too many new fans given the circumstances. If it's trying to cater to a new generation (which it probably should try to do in order to succeed), I think the block would benefit a lot more from getting fresher, newer content.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Yeah it need a new headliner like deadman wonderland to draw people. As of now I basicly watch naruto then go to sleep, they also shouldnt air thins we can find on netflix, though I'm grateful for being introduced to soul eater

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

One Piece gaining more popularity in the states would mean higher chances of One Piece games being localized. That's good enough for me.

Yeah you guys really underplay the early One Piece arcs. Because for me, it's amazing from beginning to end. Granted, I never watched the anime.

I was hooked on One Piece from episode 1. I do love earlier arcs but I'm thinking of the average viewer when I say it might take longer to catch on than most of them have the attention span for.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So Evangalion will be aring aring tnight. Why the show its first promo only hours before is a mystery to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ah, nostalgia night. The beginning of NGE was always a more memorable experience for me so 1.11 was a lot of fun to watch. And then hearing Beautiful World on my tv at the end was the cherry on top. And Kaworu. 8D

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

This will be very good if a bunch of people watch it, but its so far behind I'll probably pass. Hopefully we'll be seeing some new One Piece merchandise though, like t-shirts or something. I know Strong World was announced to be on dvd and blu ray in the states now, which has me psyched

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

This will be very good if a bunch of people watch it, but its so far behind I'll probably pass. Hopefully we'll be seeing some new One Piece merchandise though, like t-shirts or something. I know Strong World was announced to be on dvd and blu ray in the states now, which has me psyched
it also doesnt help that its going to be starting at episode 207 when it airs on may 18th

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

it also doesnt help that its going to be starting at episode 207 when it airs on may 18th

An odd place to start for sure. I don't know if that's exactly where it left off when it was on tv or not, but I would have chosen a different spot

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

cant wait to watch the funimation dub instead of the god awful 4kids one

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I may actually watch all the way through it now. I didn't like it before, but I guess I can sit through it every saturday.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I heard its kind of like an mmorpg anime. I'm excited to see it, because, I've been recommended to watch it or read the manga before. I liked .hack//roots. So, I can definitely sit through something like this.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I heard its kind of like an mmorpg anime. I'm excited to see it, because, I've been recommended to watch it or read the manga before. I liked .hack//roots. So, I can definitely sit through something like this.

It's kinda like .hack in that people get trapped in a game if I remember correctly.

Back