• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Torment" Quote Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

Ok so we all know about this quote from Ansem the Wise, found in the new Jump Festa trailer, talking about, presumably, Sora...

"Perhaps he can save those unhappy souls."

(Or something along those lines, Youtube isn't working for me right now)

...As well as this quote, from Coded.

"We must return to free them from their torment."

Theory 1- A possible theory on these two quotes is that Sora must "return", meaning that he must travel back in time to the times of TAV in BbS. He must save them from their torment, or their presumably unhappy endings at the end of BbS to MX and Vanitas.

Theory 2- After the events of BbS, TAV's souls are all that remain, lost somewhere in the different worlds (think Room of Repose) and Sora must find where they are, and how to release them and thus save them from their confinement.

Theory 3- After the events of BbS, TAV's souls are 'stuck' in Riku, Kairi and Sora's hearts, and Sora must find a way to release them.

I'd like to know your thoughts on my theories, and possibly other theories as well.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
out of your theories, theory 2 seem the most possible to me i guess..... but i dont think it just their souls that remain....

00 Raiser Fan

Theory 1- A possible theory on these two quotes is that Sora must "return", meaning that he must travel back in time to the times of TAV in BbS. He must save them from their torment, or their presumably unhappy endings at the end of BbS to MX and Vanitas.

Theory 2- After the events of BbS, TAV's souls are all that remain, lost somewhere in the different worlds (think Room of Repose) and Sora must find where they are, and how to release them and thus save them from their confinement.

Theory 3- After the events of BbS, TAV's souls are 'stuck' in Riku, Kairi and Sora's hearts, and Sora must find a way to release them.

I'd like to know your thoughts on my theories, and possibly other theories as well.

1. Actually the unhappy souls are more likely to be those of the keyblade weilders from the keyblade wars than TAV.

2. Its not likely at all that their souls are lost anywhere, its not that simple, if Nomura was to return them he'd find some other, more complicated way than simply having their souls lost.

3. No with a capital N, I really can't see them co-existing within SRK at all, something else probably happened.

Sorry but your theories are kinda baseless and are not likely at all, they're very simple and illogical, and KH has been about nothing other than Complexity.

Suzuku

^ You're trolling, right? lol.

Why is his theory "baseless"? It isn't. We know that they have to go back to relieve some people of their torment, and those people are presumably TAV since their story is what BbS is about, and he expands from there, adding in what he thinks will fill in the blanks. So no, it's not "baseless". Look the word up. And when you actually think about all of the information we've been given thus far, something like his second theory is very likely.

eric1018

Awards
Traverse Town in 1st District, inside the Moogle S
I also like the second theory. It is kind of like how Xemnas made the room of sleep. He wants, possibly, a way to release them or (my thoughts) their memories for his own use. If he releases them on his own, he could have control of them or their memories while if Sora does so, then it would be to free their souls forever. So definitely, his theories are neither baseless nor illogical.

00 Raiser Fan

Why is his theory "baseless"? It isn't. We know that they have to go back to relieve some people of their torment, and those people are presumably TAV since their story is what BbS is about, and he expands from there, adding in what he thinks will fill in the blanks. So no, it's not "baseless". Look the word up. And when you actually think about all of the information we've been given thus far, something like his second theory is very likely.

I know my vocab thank you. XD

And no nothing he mentioned is likely, If Terra turns out to be somehow related to Xehanort and Ven turned out to be sleeping in the COW, and Aqua is the only one we don't know what might've happened to her, then what?
I can't imagine them having to save Aqua's Soul only, so its more likely that the keyblade weilders from the keyblade war are the ones who need to be freed from their torment.

Ofcourse we don't know for sure what happened to Ven and Terra, but its still likely that Aqua is the only one with the unknown ending out there.

Flickr

I agree with Theory #2 like a bunch of other people. :) I don't know alot about Coded, but I think it's a definitely intriguing idea.

diogo14

I don't think time travel works in KH. We never saw that happen (thank god). I like to think that TAV are somehow still alive and Sora has to save them.. not necessarily all of them 'cause I don't know what happens in BBS but you get the idea.

Why would Sora save the keybladers of the past? TAV would do a much better job than him..

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't think time travel works in KH. We never saw that happen (thank god). I like to think that TAV are somehow still alive and Sora has to save them.. not necessarily all of them 'cause I don't know what happens in BBS but you get the idea.

Why would Sora save the keybladers of the past? TAV would do a much better job than him..

Yeah sure.... thats why there all incapacitated.

diogo14

Yeah sure.... thats why there all incapacitated.

ffffuuu yeah sure that absolutely must mean that they are weaker than Sora.. yes because Sora fought MX aswell right? And won?! OMG I must've missed that game

MeggieKeyblader

Thanks for the support. But I'm a girl. xD

I wouldn't be down with the idea of time travel. It seems to ruining everything.

I agree, but I can't think of anything else that they mean by using the word 'return'.

And thanks, guys, for bringing up the Keyblade Wars. I haven't even thought of the past Keybladers, it is very plausible that they're talking about saving them as well.

But there's still one thing that makes me think they're talking about TAV... and that's the Jump Festa trailer. While AtW is narrating the last segment and talking about 'the boy who will save the unhappy souls', the trailer plays negative scenes involving TAV. Terra succumbs to his darkness, Aqua sheds a tear and shows frustration, and Ven appears to be dead/whatever in the bodybag-type thing. While AtW was talking about the people who would need to be saved, the trailer was focusing on the demise of TAV. And now we're almost sure that TAV did indeed 'lose' to MX and Vanitas; Nomura stated that BbS would have a very sad ending, but not without hope. That hope is probably Sora, as hinted in AtW's narrative and the final picture of Sora on Destiny Islands. Sora will somehow save TAV from their unhappy existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back