• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Torn...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, recently my girlfriend and I broke up on mutual terms. You know, sat it down, decided it would be best to end it. We had been going out for about 2 months. But, the reason she wanted to do it on a "mutual" way was to get with one of my friends.

That kinda has me mad, and rightfully so. But to add to the tension, I found out this one girl, who I have been friends with for about 6 months, has liked me the entire time we've known each other. And quite frankly, I kinda like her. But my ex-girlfriend and I have only been broken up for a week, so I don't want this to seem like its on the rebound. Anyone have advice on what I should do?

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, I'm going to be going away for the first full week in May (Florida for my cousin's wedding) so staying close to her will be kinda hard without a working phone. I mean, what if something ends up happening while I'm away, and she ends up going out with someone else?

afrobutt

Silver Member
Hmmm... I guess it depends on the girl, and your own feelings.

I guess the girl has to be kew; with the fact that you just broke up, and not all suspicous like

And, are you over the chick you were going out before? Might wanna give yourself time to heal and all that.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, I kinda knew that we were going to end it last week, so I'm not necessarily as phased by it. But, well, after we broke up, my neighbor heard. She's actually how I know this girl that likes me. She came over to see how I was, and kinda helped me through it a bit, considering we broke up after a party I had.My neighbor said that her best friend really liked me. And, well, we were kinda hanging out in a group last night just hanging around town, and then again tonight at the local Friendly's. Last night is actually when I realized how I felt about this one girl.

But, all of these girls go to the same school. My ex-girlfriend and my neighbor and her friend aren't best friends per say, but they do talk. So I really don't wanna let this girl go away, and I don't wanna seem like I'm on the rebound, which I'm not.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
If you think that you like her for her, and not just as a rebound, go for it.

If you're not sure, wait a while.

Well, recently my girlfriend and I broke up on mutual terms. You know, sat it down, decided it would be best to end it. We had been going out for about 2 months. But, the reason she wanted to do it on a "mutual" way was to get with one of my friends.

That kinda has me mad, and rightfully so. But to add to the tension, I found out this one girl, who I have been friends with for about 6 months, has liked me the entire time we've known each other. And quite frankly, I kinda like her. But my ex-girlfriend and I have only been broken up for a week, so I don't want this to seem like its on the rebound. Anyone have advice on what I should do?

Sorry for the break up champ. It's never easy, no matter how soft it was. There are a few issues that I'd like to clarify with you anyhow;

• If it was any easy break up, there must be some sort of acceptance of you two with other people. So she's most likely thought of you with someone else.
  • You say you kind of like this friend, are you sure you like her or is it the "rebound" factor?
  • If you do actually like her, this confirms that you have the ability to accept to move on, in which case you simply need more support on the matter. Maybe talk to your ex-girlfriend?

Anyhow all the best mate.

<3

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, I'm honestly not sure how I feel, if its rebound factor or not.I mean, she is a good friend of mine. I'd feel like an ass if it was for the rebound factor.

She's just a really cool person, she's funny, and she's good looking.

Also, I'm trying to get rid of a rep of being somewhat of a rebounder, which is why I'm worried about this. I have accepted it. I think I might talk to my ex abuot it, to see what I should do. But I'm not sure. It would be awkward.

Thanks everyone.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Alright. I'll give myself until Saturday to settle this. Of next week, that is. That's before I go away. I need to think this out. But what Gavin said is really having me think about tapping that.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
if ur goin away for a week and havnt told the girl yet, tell her before you leave.that you like her
then she'll be thinking of yuo over that time and make your move when you get back

idk, all i could think of

Well put my friend, well put.

Frozen Fate said:
Alright. I'll give myself until Saturday to settle this. Of next week, that is. That's before I go away. I need to think this out. But what Gavin said is really having me think about tapping that.

Lulz', I would of already. But hell that's me. SO HAWT RITE NOW! <3

Josiah

Quarian Power!

Lol. Basically, Gungon called it. D=

I would say go for it. Not right away, though. Quite frankly, I'd use this as an opportunity to get back at my ex-gf if I was in your position, although I'm not sure if you're into that kinda thing, lol... o.o

Anyway, yeah like I said. If you aren't ready yet, I wouldn't jump right into it right away, but try to drop your friend some signals and hints about how you feel about her. Kinda fuel the situation's fire so that if and when the two of you start dating you can start really strong. And I wouldn't worry about 'rebound dating'. If you really like her, like you do than I don't think there should be any problems about that. Anyway, I hope all goes well for you. Good luck. =D

Josiah said:
I would say go for it. Not right away, though. Quite frankly, I'd use this as an opportunity to get back at my ex-gf if I was in your position, although I'm not sure if you're into that kinda thing, lol... o.o

Depends if the break up was because of her wrong doing.

Josiah said:
I wouldn't jump right into it right away, but try to drop your friend some signals and hints about how you feel about her.

Dude trust me, I'm an Australian. Lol. She'd love you to go her. <3

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
I advise you to tell her before you leave. After you make sure you aren't on a rebound. You yourself said that you're trying to get rid of the rep of being a rebound type of person, maybe she's just a rebound girl and maybe you're mainly interested because you know she's interested in you. ^_^
Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do. <3

I advise you to tell her before you leave. After you make sure you aren't on a rebound. You yourself said that you're trying to get rid of the rep of being a rebound type of person, maybe she's just a rebound girl and maybe you're mainly interested because you know she's interested in you. ^_^
Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do. <3

Will you be my rebound gurl' Darkness Princess? <3

Lulz'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back