• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Totally Spies reboot?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

woodhomer

Awards
Animation studios are no strangers to rebooting older TV shows, so how good are the chances for Totally Spies to come back?. the trio Alex, Sam and Clover went on global missions to save the world from colorful villains while also surviving high school later college. With its mix of comedy, drama, action, and romance. So would there be a chance the women would no longer be sexy in this cartoon if brought back in this era?.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Dude it's more likely that it'll be rebooted into another edgy live action drama with the sex and the murder.
Sadly, I think you are right. Especially with the leads being 3 contemporarily attractive women in form fitting outfits.

Still if we'd get a reboot or sequel in the form of Animation that could be interesting. I'd like to see how the premise would be adopted and changed for the current day. Which characters would be brought back and which types would be added. I'd also think it'd be cool if they more actively made it part of the same world Martin Mysteries is in.

Barrett

Awards
Honestly if it was brought back, it'd probably just straight up be a season 7 with an obvious tech upgrade and nothing more. Objectively hope that if it did come back that all the weird fetish writing is gone. Personally would also hope that they return to more palatable color palettes like what they had during seasons 3 through 5 and mayyybee getting Katie Leigh back as Alex? I like Katie Griffin, but all I mostly just hear is a higher-pitched DiC/Cloverway/Pioneer dub of Sailor Mars.

woodhomer

Awards
I'm sure the women in the Totally Spies reboot would have new desexualized character designs.

The reboot may look like the Netflix She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

she-ra-e1584504259812.jpg

It would possibly be done in a similar style to Winx Club season 8.

Winx-Club-season-8-Wallpaper-pinkbloom-43419549-742-413.jpg

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd be down for a She-Ra type redesign, though I'd say the original Totally Spies wasn't quite as same-y and boring as the old She-Ra shows.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even if the show came back and they weren’t “sexy” which I hope they aren’t sexy when they are high school students, it would still probably be a great time.

I doubt they’d change the art style much since it was a defining feature of the show. She-Ra’s change was because that old 80s art style was generic and outdated, and also to appeal to a younger audience. Why would young girls care about how sexy an animated character is.

woodhomer

Awards
Even if the show came back and they weren’t “sexy” which I hope they aren’t sexy when they are high school students, it would still probably be a great time.

I doubt they’d change the art style much since it was a defining feature of the show. She-Ra’s change was because that old 80s art style was generic and outdated, and also to appeal to a younger audience. Why would young girls care about how sexy an animated character is.

Malibu University (nicknamed "Mali-U" for short) is the college the characters go to after they all graduated from high school. Sam, Clover, Alex, and Mandy graduated from Beverly Hills High School. They start their freshman year of college at Malibu University in Season 5. In Totally Spies season 5 and 6 they are now college students.

D

Deleted member 246005

Wouldn't an adult version of them just be Charlie's Angels? ;).

I think it's easier to build an adult version of them than the Powerpuff Girls. So I wouldn't mind an adult reimagining or something that skews a bit older.

Just don't take it too seriously. Even Buffy knew when to poke fun at itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back