• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Toy Story 4 (2017) - Not a continuation of TS3, standalone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Scar got eaten alive in lion king and you're worried about dinosaurs catching a buzz?

You're like the mom that lets her 10 year old play GTA with guns on the cover but freaks out when some titty gets shown.

Patricier21

Yes but the scene did not need to include that bizarre moment. They could have done it in an even funnier way.They could have vomitted all over the place and with so caused their vomits to look like the scary nature that Arlo encountered which could have helped him overcome his fear. They also could have done some daring stunts which could have set up some things in the third act that would have been kool to see. They did not need to go all bizarre and weird. With all due respect I think that there is something wrong with you if you think seeing mutated bizarre characters is funny or enjoyable, hallucinated or not.

True they did have this adult humour and silly/randomness but it did not go that far. Like I said they took out a moment in Cars 1 that would have been funny for adults but disturbing overall.

The entire theater I was in was howling from laughter at that part so I think it's fine. It's incredibly short and it has context... Toy Story 3 had Buzz with a Spanish mode and that was pretty silly/random.

If your whole theatre jumped off a cliff and decided to cut themselves to relive stress would that be fine?

Scar got eaten alive in lion king and you're worried about dinosaurs catching a buzz?

You're like the mom that lets her 10 year old play GTA with guns on the cover but freaks out when some titty gets shown.

Scar's death was less direct and effective mainly because we did not actually see anything. And again it was appropriate for that story and its context. This was just some desperate attempt at humour when again they could have done it in a better and different way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yes but the scene did not need to include that bizarre moment. They could have done it in an even funnier way.They could have vomitted all over the place and with so caused their vomits to look like the scary nature that Arlo encountered which could have helped him overcome his fear. They also could have done some daring stunts which could have set up some things in the third act that would have been kool to see. They did not need to go all bizarre and weird. With all due respect I think that there is something wrong with you if you think seeing mutated bizarre characters is funny or enjoyable, hallucinated or not.

Yeah, because vomit is funny and tripping out isn't just because you say it; that's such a ridiculous comparison. They're both stupid and one isn't better than the other. Throwing up and seeing an image in the vomit is not more terrifying than hallucinating from eating food when you're starving.

True they did have this adult humour and silly/randomness but it did not go that far. Like I said they took out a moment in Cars 1 that would have been funny for adults but disturbing overall.
No way is a hallucination more disturbing than someone DYING, which happens in this film. Very obviously. Not subtly at ALL.

If your whole theatre jumped off a cliff and decided to cut themselves to relive stress would that be fine?
Lol. You're the one who thinks that one scene is the reason that movie is mediocre and worried it'll become a trend for Pixar that effects Toy Story 4 when it was a scene a lot of people found humorous.

That movie was mediocre for a plethora of more viable reasons.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm pretty sure scar's death being "effective" had less to do with the fact it was off screen and more that it fucking happened. What about ursala being impaled and electrocuted? Clayton being strangled? How fucking effective were they?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes but the scene did not need to include that bizarre moment. They could have done it in an even funnier way. They could have vomitted all over the place and with so caused their vomits to look like the scary nature that Arlo encountered which could have helped him overcome his fear. They also could have done some daring stunts which could have set up some things in the third act that would have been kool to see. They did not need to go all bizarre and weird. With all due respect I think that there is something wrong with you if you think seeing mutated bizarre characters is funny or enjoyable, hallucinated or not.

If you want to see vomit, you can watch videos of people vomiting. I even have the best one for you that will bring you to tears of joy.

But really, you think vomit is funny but getting high isn't? And you think that would have solved his problems? Ejecting food from your mouth only serves to create more fear, not lessen it.

I think something is wrong with you if you like seeing vomiting characters.

And yet I'm still finding it hard to understand why this scene is remotely disturbing. It wasn't. It's barely notable.

Slippery slope arguments don't work with this. You're trying to argue that people finding the scene where they get high is equatable to suicidal tendencies. Something is very wrong here.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I want to see that vomit video. Unless it was for arguments sake in which i feel cheated.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Dude.

Four words for you.

Pink elephants on parade.

Dumbo, a cute baby elephant, got dead-drunk on champagne and proceeded to hallucinate one of the most bizarre Disney Acid musical numbers ever put to film.

This is classic Disney. I'd be surprised if they went for long without having something like this.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Seriously? You want to scar your childhood for life? They don't need to be weird like this to be funny (for either kids or adults) or show character development. All of their past films have been a lot stronger and are probably going to be more successful and memorable because they had the sense to stick with what made sense in the context of the story and the world without creating a new "jump the shark" or "nuke the fridge" phrase. That particular scene could have easily been taken out of the movie without consequence and it would have made it a lot stronger. If they needed a moment like that they could have shown them bonding in a different way instead of being bizarre. That could have been an opportunity to set things up for the third act in a sweet and perhaps unexpected way

Have you even watched any Disney and/or Pixar movie ever??? Do you REALIZE how many SEXUAL INNUENDOS are in EVERY SINGLE DISNEY MOVIE EVER MADE??? Did you even watch any 90s TV show? C'mon dude. Rocko was a damn PHONE SEX OPERATOR on Rocko's Modern Life and you're worried about a scene in a movie of animated characters getting high.

Sexual innuendos and adult humor in animated films and television shows have and ALWAYS WILL go over a child's head. They won't notice for several years later just like every single person in this thread probably did.

Kagayaki

Awards
I think we strayed way too far off topic. Let's just go back to discussing the potential storyline of this new movie. I personally don't think they need to make another Toy Story movie since the last movie ended so well. They still have the Toy Story Toons and the holiday specials. They could do the same thing that Ice Age does and show Toy Story shorts before every other Pixar movie.

Patricier21

Its not so much that they hallucinated but what the images were of when hallucinating. The Pink Elephants sequence did not do anything to Dumbo yet here we see Arlo and Spot in a very bizarre way that makes me never think about them the same way again. And again, the fact that they hallucinated (in a way that did not make any sense at all for the record) when it seemed very out of place like it was not even part of the same movie and for no real reason to have it in there makes me disturbed. I know Pixar can do better than this. Like I said there was a very disturbing deleted scene that they cut from Cars 1 that would have been funny to some but what they had in the final film was not only more creative and challenging but it still created more humour and felt more natural and appropriate for the movie. While I can disregard this scene through simple fan editing, whats to say that something like this will occur in Toy Story 4 or another Pixar film? It may not be so easily edited away or disregarded next time.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
They could have vomitted all over the place and with so caused their vomits to look like the scary nature that Arlo encountered which could have helped him overcome his fear.
What the fjuck

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Dude.

Four words for you.

Pink elephants on parade.

Dumbo, a cute baby elephant, got dead-drunk on champagne and proceeded to hallucinate one of the most bizarre Disney Acid musical numbers ever put to film.

This is classic Disney. I'd be surprised if they went for long without having something like this.

And that was the inspiration for The Good Dinosaur's hallucination scene. But back to Toy Story 4, it has the A-List team working on it. John Lasseter, Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich. :biggrin:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Or they can make it and you decide to not see it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yes, cancel Cars 3. Make the children suffer

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm far and away not the only person who wants this cancelled. Hell, just look at their facebook even and most of the comments are folks wanting this canned. Should've let this series ended perfectly as was and with dignity, but it's Disney so what're you gonna do. Oh well, their loss. And loss of creativity. beh

[video=youtube;yVdqSpBlxSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVdqSpBlxSA[/video]

video mostly for lols with some truth

And I don't think Cars is very popular anymore, so don't think there'd be any suffering. More sighs of relief. When I worked at Disney a couple years ago, no one ever bought anything related to Cars in the entire time I worked there.

Last edited:
Back