• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Toy Story and Monsters Inc were meant to be in KH2.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key to Truth

Awards
While exploring KH2 I found out that in the world list there were these names:
トイストーリ (Toy Story)
モンスタースインク (Monsters Inc)

And long ago, Yaz0r, the one who created the Kingdom Hearts 3D model viewer said the models from Toy Story were still inside the game. He made pics of it, but they got lost with time. Fortunatelly, thanks to a friend we've found those pictures again.

Here you go:
buzz.jpg

woodyy.jpg

As you can see, they are buzz and woody from Toy Story. They are textureless obviously because they weren't meant to appear in the final version of the game.

(I don't know if it's correct to post this here. If it's not, please, someone move it to its right section.)

Last edited:

micbeasty

awesome! and umm i think this needs to be moved to the upcoming world discusion and by chance did u find anything on monsters and inc?

KHHacker6595

why would this need to be in the upcoming world discussion. hes not talking about upcoming worlds, hes talking about worlds that were going to be in a previous game. so no it doesnt need to be moved.

micbeasty

well it wasn't put in there so then tht means its going to be in a upcoming game so yea it kinda does

KHHacker6595

no it doesnt necessarly mean its going to be in a upcoming game. i dont know why anyone on the forums even cares about where it is. if your interested in the thread then read and comment on it, dont go on it just to tell the person there thread is pointless or needs to be relocated.

24Terras

I think a toy story world will be included in kh3d since Nomura never mentions things by accident and toy story is 3d so that would work out.

robertexe

Hmm I always felt like Toy Story was in KH2. I always figured Nomura would put some Pixar worlds in Kh2 and Kh3 to spread it evenly so Kh3 wouldn't be all Pixar-based worlds

kitty

The place where dark and light intersect to make..
You know, I always kinda wanted Toy Story to be in KH2, but alas no, but it was secretly there ;)
But if Toy Story does become a world I hope it is in KH3 because Toy Story is a, well, big story and it needs a console game to honor is correctly

Not saying it would be wrong to have it in the KH3D game, but it deserves a console game more...

Fortissimo

Huh. This is interesting, but something doesn't seem to add up. Either that or I'm missing something. How would you find the titles inside of a game?

Key to Truth

Awards
Huh. This is interesting, but something doesn't seem to add up. Either that or I'm missing something. How would you find the titles inside of a game?

You can check inside the game's files for text. I just went to the part where the world names are listed and I found those names. You can use a hex editor (in this case a japanese one) to check the text.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
It seems from a development perspective they toy around with world concepts before making a decision on what will fit in the game as opposed to earlier on in the planning stages.

Awards
Huh, so there ARE Toy Story models. Way back when at KHU in a model topic, someone claimed they had found Toy Story models, but never showed the pictures.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Nothing stopping them from including them in the future, now that Pixar and Disney are alright with one another. Nomura even said he was considering it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I really wish they'd decide before hand and not tell us they cut anything, because finding out about Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Jungle Book, and Pinocchio's World only makes me depressed. :/

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think Pinnochio's world is what depresses me most, considering the fact that at least BBS had plenty of new worlds. Days was just rehashan rehashan rehashan

I never want to go to Agrabah again.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That's why I could forgive the lack of Jungle Book, even though I have a huge soft spot for it. The worlds in Days were just dreadful, it felt like they went out of their way to make them as bland as possible. No Peter Pan in Neverland? No Hades or Meg in Olympus? Pfft. And AGRABAH.

Musical charm

wow, I wish we would've had these pixar worlds in kh2 intead of agrabah, but I guess they couldn't pull it off in time, oh well, but nice find.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
??? I don't recall "Monsters Inc" in the KH2 folders. Basically the Woody and Buzz models were in the "Summons" folder so it seems they were meant to be summons rather than having actual worlds. Still, would've been nice to have them. Maybe KH3D or KH3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back