• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Traits and Maleficent B!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Hope it was okay to open a new thread on this. If not, please forgive...

Am torn between what is the best trait to bestow upon the magnificent Maleficent B medal. I rolled an Extra Attack 40%, but I don't think this is the best for her.

I want to make sure she is maxed with the best trait to ensure maximum potential. Any help with suggestions would be humbly appreciated. Thanks bunches.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I don't know much about traits, but to me that seems like it's pretty good for an attack medal, as long as you can handle the cost (assuming you have to pay the cost for both hits?).

I just haven't played around enough to know. I know my Maleficent rolled that, too, and I think it's probably really good for her or anyone.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, 2nd attack is certainly not good if you don't have enough AP, that's only good for buffers. You do have to handle both costs, yes.
I guess the +1000 STR boost would be the best on Maleficent B.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Well, unless you have SP gauge skill on her to reduce the cost, probably str+1000.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I've heard around that +1000 strength only works with tapping/swiping. I could be wrong. I hope what I heard is wrong.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I've heard around that +1000 strength only works with tapping/swiping. I could be wrong. I hope what I heard is wrong.
That wouldn't even make sense. Treat it like a boosted version. It's basically a boosted version, with +1000 base STR.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I mean I don't know, but my Xaldin got that and what it did was add 1000 to his base strenght. It's now yellow, so he's basically now a boosted version. Not sure how that would not be in effect while doing a special attack. I don't remember how much damage he did before getting the trait so I can't really compare.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
That wouldn't even make sense. Treat it like a boosted version. It's basically a boosted version, with +1000 base STR.

I agree it wouldn't make sense, but it's something I saw. I'm very skeptical about the claim, but I don't even know why it would be made up to begin with.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I agree it wouldn't make sense, but it's something I saw. I'm very skeptical about the claim, but I don't even know why it would be made up to begin with.

Was it a reliable source? Hopefully someone will test stuff like that soon and post results, as has happened with the buff/debuff effects before. Depending on what attacks that trait works on chances how good it is completely.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just tested it out with my random Xaldin B. I used the medal - the copy without the boost dealt 3525 damage, the one with the boost dealt 7602 (do consider that it leveled up once, but that lv up wouldn't be enough to push it to 7k), so that claim was certainly not true.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I just tested it out with my random Xaldin B. I used the medal - the copy without the boost dealt 3525 damage, the one with the boost dealt 7602 (do consider that it leveled up once, but that lv up wouldn't be enough to push it to 7k), so that claim was certainly not true.

Alright, good to know.

Also one really useful trait on basically any medal is that Sp gauge +2, especially for high cost medals, so for a Maleficent that doesn't have any Sp reducing skills, a trait that helps balance it out might work well too.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
If you get SP Cost 1 from the boards or SP2+ABIII from the Coliseum this month, Extra Attack is really good on her. If you don't plan on putting eiher on her though, SP+2 or Str+1000 are better since otherwise that's 10SP cost on her special for less than 2x damage.

Muke

whatever
Awards
You still need all the gaiges to activate the medals, even if you do have SP Gauge I/II though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
If you get SP Cost 1 from the boards or SP2+ABIII from the Coliseum this month, Extra Attack is really good on her. If you don't plan on putting eiher on her though, SP+2 or Str+1000 are better since otherwise that's 10SP cost on her special for less than 2x damage.

Is Maleficent worth the SP2+AB3 though? Haven't tested the medal yet, the multiplier seems good and all so I guess she's strong?

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Is Maleficent worth the SP2+AB3 though? Haven't tested the medal yet, the multiplier seems good and all so I guess she's strong?

Possibly. Outside of Guilted Premiums she's the strongest AoE Magic medal we have, with a higher multiplier than Ice Titan. Unless we get something bigger that makes better use of the skill this month, I plan on putting mine on her. Best I rolled for Traits on her was Raid Boss Damage +40%, so that gives her something nice.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Glad to know the claim was false. My apologies for even bringing it up. As I said it was hard to understand why someone would lie about that, but it is what it is.

As for Attack Boost III Max + SP Gauge II, it is hard to know who to place it on - the amount of high costing event medals we've gotten as of late has been absurd. The best candidates are Xigbar B (he is very powerful), Hercules and Phil, or Maleficent B. I'm leaning toward Xigbar B solely because he has a place on my Divine Rose, whereas Maleficent B does not really have a place in any keyblades I regularly use. In the case of Hercules and Phil, I already have so many good Power medals, it seems like it would be kind of a waste, but there are certainly reasons to do so. In particular their single-hitting attack is really useful for HSCs.

If only I could place high enough in coliseum to get more than one copy, but I know that won't happen. It's just too difficult to climb past the 2,500 ranking for me.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Too bad Xigbar and Xaldin are both single target so meh. Maleficent I think has a good slot in MoG but I personally don't use it. Maybe wait and save the good skills for now.

Too bad my Maleficent doesn't have any traits since I forgot about the thing and merged all the medals before Union Cross :p

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Maleficent B is magnificent. I use her in the last slot in my Three Wishes keyblade and she is...well...magnificent. LOL. May use her for Divine Rose as well. Not sure.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Too bad Xigbar and Xaldin are both single target so meh. Maleficent I think has a good slot in MoG but I personally don't use it. Maybe wait and save the good skills for now.

Too bad my Maleficent doesn't have any traits since I forgot about the thing and merged all the medals before Union Cross :p

Xigbar B is single-target, yes, but he is also a nuke, like Meowjesty. He's a very powerful medal, and is necessary for boss fights and even coliseum.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Xigbar B is single-target, yes, but he is also a nuke, like Meowjesty. He's a very powerful medal, and is necessary for boss fights and even coliseum.

Coliseum? How so, it's full of groups so if anywhere Coliseum is where I like to have AoE medals. Is it good for some specific enemy there or something? I could imagine Maleficent working great in Coli though, even though there aren't that many power enemy groups. Lots of magic and she would probably work against them well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back