• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Triangle Button

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezan

Seeing as how some of the game was made easier by the use of the triangle button, would you have taken it away? Although you get really cool mini-clips from the action it does, would you make the game a bit harder without it?

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
i liked the button cuz it was green :) and it does alot of neat stuff, probly be harder without it though but not much

Kaezan

It was overused, but I wouldn't want to get rid of it.

True that it was overused, then again, if it wasnt there, actions like making Sora move from engine to engine in TWTNW would be more difficult to do, although I dont see how you would be able to do it since it would be timed.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
LOL, it'd be funny if someone broke their Triangle Button. They'd never be able to pass the game.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Hm.. Obviously we all agree it was used a bit too much in the game.

Although without it, some of the crazy shiznit they do wouldn't have been in the game..

Personally I didn't mind it.

Because of them using it so much it was actually relevant in normal gameplay.

Could you imagine if they didn't use it as much and took it out of most fights but left it in some boss fights? It might be hard to even catch it on time. If we don't grow accustomed to it, then we won't be prepared for us to use it.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
^ Indeed.

Which if anyone noticed was completely replacing the 'examine'/'talk' button they had in the first game..

So.. they used it for simple actions and commands, yet also used it for extreme battle reversals and whatnot.

Those bastards, lol.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The only improvement with the reaction command is opening chests. Instead of the annoyance of flicking down to the Open slot, you can simply walk over to the chest and press a single button. It made the game less annoying.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
That it did, Ulti.

I personally saw no flaw in the system (shock :D), and am happy with how the gameplay turned out.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
as system shock said
also without it that cool cutscene sv xemnas would have never happened

Axelmarmar

It would've been better if they made it to where when you needed to use reaction commands, the button would be random. Example: Minute Bomb is about to explode, reaction for dodge roll appears, but the buttom is R2, L2, Square, or circle instead of triangle.

LionHeart14

I like the reaction commands, but instead of just pushing a button every now and then, I think they should make it kinda like the limit breaks in FFX so you'd have to do like a slot machine thing or push buttons in a certain order. If you get it right, you continue with the move, if you mess up, the combo fails. That way it wouldnt be as easy

TerraFTW!

I like the reaction commands, but instead of just pushing a button every now and then, I think they should make it kinda like the limit breaks in FFX so you'd have to do like a slot machine thing or push buttons in a certain order. If you get it right, you continue with the move, if you mess up, the combo fails. That way it wouldnt be as easy

i dont agree cause it would slow down the gameplay since KH2 wasnt a turnbased Rpg. But like someone said maybe like God of war or something instead of only utilizing the triangle why not use like R2,R1, circle, etc.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Seeing as how some of the game was made easier by the use of the triangle button, would you have taken it away? Although you get really cool mini-clips from the action it does, would you make the game a bit harder without it?
I would have kept it, just make its attacks not as powerful.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'd like if they kept it in, but made it more challenging by using more timed buttons with consequences. Much like it looks like BBS is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back