• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trophy Completion Statistics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Last June, Th Key of Destiny posted a thread about Trophy Completion rates in the 1.5HD collection. I felt the data he pointed out was interesting, so made a note to gather similar data once 2.5HD had been out for a similar amount of time (8 and a half months). I'm two weeks or so early but... eh, what the hell.

Overall, completion rates for KH2 seem far higher than KH1. I'll repeat Th Key of Destiny's data: after eight and a half months, KH1 had 70% completion rate in Wonderland, dropping to 33% Hollow Bastion and 25% endgame. KH2 has 85% getting through Roxas' prologue, 69% through Timeless River, and 47% making it through the final trip to Twilight Town. Only 35% of players finish the game, despite 42% reuniting with Riku and Kairi.

Only 6% of players complete the game in Proud, 10% on Critical (meaning 16% of players have the Proud trophy). I guess word got around that Proud wasn't worth it?

Moving on to the second game in the collection. Th Key of Destiny tells us that completion rate in CoM was abysmal: an embarrassing 50% completion rate of the first floor, 15% completion rate of Sora's story, and 10% for R/R. BBS fares far better, though data collection is skewed by the multiple character system. 88% finish the tutorial (that would be truly embarrassing), at which point players split up. 47% of players have finished Terra's Mysterious Tower episode (after the first set of worlds) and 44% have finished Ven's Badlands episode (similar), but only 32% have finished Aqua's first Radiant Garden chapter (a little further ahead, but still comparable).

Unfortunately, this is where I made a mistake: I haven't finished BBS and so the completion trophies are still "hidden" for me. I can still see their stats, I just don't know which is which! However, there are only so many hidden trophies in BBS, and many of them are stupidly hard, so I can make some educated guesses.

If my guesses are right: 32% of players have cleared Terra's story, 30% have cleared Ven's, and 24% have cleared Aqua's. I imagine the 16% trophy belongs to those who have completed the Final Episode, and the 15% to those who have completed the Secret Episode. If anyone wants to confirm those numbers, be my guest. Thankfully data on Critical Mode isn't hidden: only 4.7% of players have beaten BBS on Critical.

Lastly, Th Key of Destiny looked at the "movie." Only 20% watched Days' cutscenes, and only 15% read the diary (or flipped through it at high speeds, as you do). coded's numbers are comparable: only 18% have watched the movie all the way through, and only 16% have read (or flipped through) the character entries. Why the 2% drop? I have a good guess: they're probably missing the bonus scene, which you have to watch manually. 20% of players have gotten the trophy for watching most of coded ("80% Debugged"), same as in Days, so it must be the bonus scene!

What do you think about these numbers, and how they compare to KH1.5? How do they compare to your own experiences?

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm kind of surprised not many people watched the movies, tbh. That was the first thing I did with both collections as it was the part that was actually new lol.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If you're curious, here are the present-day stats for KH1.5:

KH1: 69% Wonderland; 35% Hollow Bastion keyhole. Completion is trickier because you have to add up the difficulties: 15% have beaten the game on Standard and 7% on Beginner. Unfortunately, I haven't beaten the game on Proud so I can't ID the trophy in question. My unearned, non-Platinum trophies range between 3.5 and 6.7%. That means at least 25% of players have beaten the game, and upwards of 29%. If anyone wants to confirm, I'd be grateful.

CoM: 51% through first floor; 17% Sora's story; 11% R/R.

Days: 20.6% completion; 15% journal completion, 13% secret journals.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I admit I didn't finish trophy hunting in KH2 and BBS yet, but I'm currently on it (actually I'm on level 1 runs but whatever).
I found the KH1 platinum trophy way easier than the KH2 one, mainly because I don't usually play on a lower difficulty than critical if possible. So Lingering Sentiment (e.g.) is giving me kind of a hard time. :(

The problem with the movies is: They are way too long. For me this is even harder because I was never the biggest fan of Days and Re:Coded's story.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I guess they are pretty long. Though they are still shorter than most people's average play session I'd imagine.

ok sunny

Awards
I did recently get the 5k points on the skateboard, but I'm not too far with my trophies. Only around 29% or something. I'd like to try and get more.

I'm surprised with these stats tho, even if they're generally better than mine

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Not really sure if the statistics are reliable. For example, my game consoles are in a location where they can't pick up the wifi in my house, have to use my mobile data if I need to connect them to the Internet and I rarely do so. I think I haven't synced my platinum for 2.5, synced only once halfway through BBS.

Korai

Awards
I'm pretty close to done with kh1 and bbs, but these stats are a little embarrassing. Why even buy the game if you're gonna give up on com literally right away? And the movies are long, but it's been 8 months, and if anything it's a free gold trophy just to run the scenes overnight and flip through some pages. It seems like most of these people are playing them for the first time or haven't played them in forever

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Not really sure if the statistics are reliable. For example, my game consoles are in a location where they can't pick up the wifi in my house, have to use my mobile data if I need to connect them to the Internet and I rarely do so. I think I haven't synced my platinum for 2.5, synced only once halfway through BBS.

Yeah, the statistics only count those users that have connected to the PSN since getting their achievements (and the total only counts users who have logged in since starting the game, so doesn't count people who have never logged on at all).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
That's one thing I really like with the trophies on PS4, is that they show the percentage of players who earned it. Gives a greater satisfaction when you're in the .1 % of gamers with that trophy haha

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That's one thing I really like with the trophies on PS4, is that they show the percentage of players who earned it. Gives a greater satisfaction when you're in the .1 % of gamers with that trophy haha

The ReCoM and BBS platinums will make you feel incredibly smug :cool:

Sorakh212

Awards
It's always fascinating to me to see just how much people play video games based on their achievements and trophies. I've noticed that most people don't usually get the harder difficulty trophies and platinums can sometimes be extremely rare in terms of completion anyways. I can understand why people would struggle with KH2.5 though because it's much more complex and difficult this time around especially since there's just so much more to do. I think the stats for these are also linked to the quality of the games. Many fans didn't much care for CoM and obviously the big two were KH and KH2. I'd have to check the overall stats now to see if there's been much change, but I honestly doubt it given the past statistics and seeing as how the game hasn't even been out a year yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back