• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closed Trust is [NOT] Resolute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

purgatory

Awards
I'd say if we've gotten this far with the smallest crew ever, some more down time shouldn't be a bad thing. It really has gotten a bit more difficult to post away from where the marker is for my character maturity wise, and months will go by and my mental shifts away from the original path, so it feels sorta spacey to write from where I left off when I am not occupying that same head space anymore.

Idk, just an observation ^^;

Deimos

Awards
Granted, a lot of conversations have been held mostly off thread. I'm still in, checking in, and hopefully there will be a development to advance into the next chapter relatively soon. Beyond that, I hope you've all been well, in good spirits, and in good health :3

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I have some closing thoughts to lay out on here about the sixth chapter starting.

Look everyone thats still participating and/or reading. 2020 sucked. 2021 was not much better. I continue to contribute and keep this story going until it's conclusion because really it's one of my brainchild's from way back when.

Decided to do a bit of catch up with the post and explain all information gathered over the course of the roleplay itself and tried to make it as digestible and comprehensive as possible. It's just really been a challenge considering the longer it goes on, the direction and ideas can shift between information that becomes canon (melody of memories for example).

Hope everyone enjoys the post itself and I hope to see you all on the thread soon.

-Dar

Last edited:

purgatory

Awards
That being said, i'll briefly cover a few things that didn't get expanded upon in the chapter 6 intro.

Purification. Sealing. Exorcism.

These are the means of dealing with the enemy addressed, IE: "The Darkness". If we are counting the hybrids in any capacity, then Eth's All's End: Paragon of Light "purified" the threat neutralizing those masses of "darkness" completely.

Sealing. This is actually canon, and referenced in the source material as the Master of Master's original plan to seal the darkness within himself and his six apprentices, stagnating the number of remaining enemies to thirteen. It is assumed this is outcome came to be, and we are essentially "Vessels" for the remaining thirteen based on the information Shiki provided from her investigation. Theres been no means (in canon anyway) that explicitly explains how this is possible to achieve, but without spoiling anything, we already have the means to perform this option.

Exorcism. We know this to be the power to remove something from the world line in addition to negating the effects of Omni or as we know it, Resolve.

The All's End technique is cameo as far back as Deimos first encounter with the Lingering Will at the beginning of the roleplay. It served to be the original teacher of the technique in this roleplay from the start. Given only two people (Saebyeolbe and Eth) have had a confrontation with it, they were technically the only two that learned it before everyone else did. Per the time-skip, everyone on the roster has learned it.

So what is the All's End? It is this roleplay's version of a limit breaking technique inspired by Birth By Sleep's Lingering Will vs Terranort encounter. The user creates a space that they have complete and total sovereignty over that is of a light affinity as it is based in light. It's seen as a last resort to completely overwhelm an opponent caught within your individual Resolute's All's End.

Naturally (only) in a training environment, can a Resolute use their All's End against another resolute. Here is where it gets interesting. The two different spaces actually overlap and will eventually cancel each other out automatically after a duration of 4 minutes {240 seconds) of both being active at the same time. Something to be mindful of. At this time, you are alloted to create 4 different variations.

Deimos

Awards
I've enjoyed the two most recent posts very much, seeing as nothing major is happening, this next post should be fairly short and sweet ;)

Deimos

Awards
Apologies for double post, but I am very proud of this most recent post. I hope you all enjoy it, there is a lot of music in there as opposed to normal, had a series of influences as I was writing it. Enjoy ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
First off, well done. You may want to just do a follow up with Lumi with the amount of powerplay in this post just to check your boxes if she's ok with it. She may not be active, but she does in fact read the thread and each post.

Small things like dialogue and minor actions is fine, but your did a collection of major actions and dialogue. The stuff regarding Brandt and DW Shiki is fine however.

Deimos

Awards
If anything needs to be changed please let me know! I was in the process of editing additional parts to the post towards the end and cleaning up my terrible grammar mistakes ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I hate doing this to you Deimos, but I hope my Komaeda post gets my point across. While I respect your character's overwhelming sense of compassion, that was a hard Empathy-check and "who's side are you on" for him. I hope you can deal with it accordingly, because i'll be damned if YOU get anyone killed.

Deimos

Awards
Ah...well to be fair I did it to myself ^^; Sae's sense of mercy seems pretty questionable right now doesn't it? If for no other reason than well...it is a different Shiki.

purgatory

Awards
With the potential this Shiki has, going based off what Lumine has said about that version of her from the original thread, if she's this "far gone" I don't think mercy or resolution seems to be the appropriate option. If you would like to discuss the way forward privately with Lumine in a PM on how you want to go about a submission of some kind, that's fine. Please however, respect that Lumi doesn't have nearly the amount of time to be active on here as she used to.

Deimos

Awards
My post is unfortunately in several ways incomplete. There's an entire internal conversation Saebyeolbe has with Shiki at the moment he stuns/incapacitates her. I wasn't really sure how to close out the post so it's on a cliffhanger kinda?

purgatory

Awards
I'll eventually get around to it, but I will be putting up a post in the near future to answer on the "disappearing heartless" that attacked the remainder of the resolutes. It appears as though Saebyeolbe managed to find a workaround in the secluded area he and Shiki were locked to.

Deimos

Awards
Nothing has changed dramatically, but I did edit the parts of my post as mentioned above.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for the support in the most recent post Lumi, im really lagging....should've done a follow-up OOC after posting thursday but I was beyond exhausted.

Some context from recent post(s).

This roleplay is the successor to this RP "Thy Kingdom Come"
+Dark Wielder Shiki (DWS) is from the original Worldline, or World-line #1.​
+Brandt is the DW from Worldine #2​
+Ezra is the DW from Worldline#3​
+Gavin is the DW from Worldline #4​

Worldline #5 is our character's Worldline.
Our Traitor is the very first, Lightless Wielder (LW) in Lucrecia.

What are Dark Wielders?
Short answer, The "Bad Ending" for a worldine/timeline. A Dark Wielder feels justified in abandoning their resolve on their own behalf and rejects the sentiments of the group. Each Dark Wielder acted with the intention of saving everyone else, by betting on opening the box as a means to "fix" the current status of their worldline. Effectively, what happens is their worldline is not saved, instead whats been coined as "the loop" occurs and a brand new Worldline is created branching from the original and running parallel to it.

Once any singular protagonist from each group becomes a Dark Wielder, they became possessed by one of the remaining 7 darknesses or as far as you are to be informed, "The True Enemy". 4 were created from the previous 4 worldlines. 2 "hybrids" were forcibly written into existence by Deimos (somehow ended up working out, but you never got permission to do this btw) Which accounted for 2 other Experimental Darknesses which were dispatched by Eth. Leaving 1 remaining at The End of Time With the Master of Masters.

Light-less Wielder? What the hell is that.

A light-less wielder, there was only ever one. Named Lady Finis, in a previous post that delved into the Master of Master's past there were two other masters introduced. Lady Finis being the Light-Less wielder spoken about. So what does that mean? To be Light-less by my vision is one that does not possess a power based in the realm of light, but stands an the antithesis to the darkness. Finis possessed an affinity known only as "anima" a red anti-magic of sorts that can nullify power based in light, as well as dark. Originally meant to temper balance to keep either from completely dominating the 4-realms.

Prior to the start of the original timeline, Finis and the Master made a bet. She would step down allow humanity to determine their own fate and allegiance to light and dark. She would return to take revenge through one of his disciples that chose to reject their role outright and reflect a powerful wrath and vendetta against the master for sending them into overwhelmingly difficult circumstances. It was at this point the master had compiled all of his findings and wrote out the pages within the book of prophecies. No where in the book, not even the hidden page, did it mention Finis would ever return.

Upon awakening Finis rage and power Anima, Lucrecia became Worldline #5's first and only Light-less wielder. As is typical of every traitor from every worldline prior, Luxu bequeathed the master's keyblade The Gazing Eye unto the traitor.

What about the Box? Why does the Wielder opening it matter?
The difference between a Dark Wielder opening the box vs a Light-less-Wielder is that one requires assistance from the resolute of Light, Zero.

To avoid spoilers it's never actually stated what happens to a Dark Wielders powers/resolve. The truth is, they retain the master's gift and by the nature of that happening, are capable of opening the box by using the power of darkness to fill in the games and burn all 13 locks manually. You must be recognized as a resolute of the master to open the box. No exceptions. In the thread, I chose to mislead the cast by saying the dark wielders didn't have their abilities, the were chosen and can't be un-chosen. This exception only belongs to Lucrecia's special-case given her resolve was erased when she accepted anima and became the light-less wielder.

When a Light-less wielder opens the box, they are incompatible and will require the reverse to fully open the box. Anima cannot force the box open alone by itself, an overwhelming amount of light is necessary to completely open the box. It is akin to The Master and Finis cooperating in order to release the contents of the box, which as of the most recent post, revealed to be the Masters Heart/Wayfinder and their long lost friend and Master, "X" or "Qi". This scenario leads to "The Good Ending" because the loop can no longer persist as a new worldline is NOT created on this route.

Differences & Rectonned Information from Thy Kingdom Come.
I think it's only fair to inform our diligent readers and writers still participating some information is different between the roleplays in terms of MoM and Luxu being re-written in to suit the narrative of this roleplay. Originally I had no idea of their existence at the time Thy Kingdom Come was written, and being that the roleplay as it should've completed, is continuous and canon with the events that are happening right now in Trust. For the sake of keeping things consistent, that Retcon of Luxu and MoM was included in this RP to be consistent across explaining the multiple-worldlines resulting in Dark Wielders.

Last edited:

Deimos

Awards
I hear you loud and clear going forward, it's hard when you make an extremely empathetic character to the point theres certain things you won't do because of your own perception and set of morals.

We're a few years too late on the hybrids, I just wanted to get some more mileage out of a character I created from a neighboring RP that I didn't really get to develop due to it's short life-span. Sorry if that created any unnecessary hiccups for this RP :(

Took something of a brief hiatus, but I did read the most recent posts and they were well transitioned into each other ;)
Great job Pierce, Purg, and Dari!

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Very good post(s) Deimos and Pierce

The flow we seems to land on these days is roughly about 1-2 months we progress. Granted, I'll be the first to say I'll be moving soon, so who really knows when i'll next be able to write something consistent. It already takes a decent amount of time to complete a single post. Once "internet" not being an issue is resolved after I move, i should have more time to realistically be more active.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
*Drops dead after reading most of the rp.*

Damn you guys have come a long way. Its really impressive, and honestly I think its just right that this will probably be the last standing successful rp on KHI.

You are all awesome that is all.

Back