• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Truth in Coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
((Sorry, kind of a long post.))
Everyone is writing Coded off as just a lame offshoot moneymaker. But I think that it might have as rolel as the other two games in the future of KH, heres why, In Nomura's new interview he talks about Coded, saying things such as..

"Nomura: When you advance to the next stage, a movie event is shown. I think the beginning of the latest trailer reflected it, the lines "A forbidden secret――" are connected to it. Though it is on the mobile phone, it's not to be taken lightly. The contents of it's story draw near to the conviction of the series."

ME: A forbidden secret, what is this secret? And what role does it play in kingdom hearts? And as for the conviction of the series, what exactly is KH's conviction, we know it deals with the heart, soul, and memories of a person, but what else?

"---Being made from the data of Jiminy's Journal, will it relive the first Kingdom Hearts?

Nomura: Even though it advances according to the story of Kingdom Hearts, the stages are different and each one slowly approaches the "forbidden secret". Why did someone leave a message in the Jiminy Journal? The story will solve this mystery.

---Is there a connection to 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep?

Nomura: Yes, they link in various ways."

ME: So now we know that this game deals with a forbidden secret, and for some reason Someone left the message in Jiminy's journal, not only that but this game links to the two others, including BBS. If this post seems like it was just Nomura's interview thrown together, it was, we all need to think more seriously about coded, and entertain the idea that it's not just a pointless venture. ((Please don't be too harsh :p))

Cissy

Bronze Member
...Yeah, basically.

I'm going with the idea that Namine's screwing with the Journal again.

I know she's probably in Kairi at this point, but it could happen.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
A lot of people took Coded seriously, or at least some of us did.
I'm leaning more towards my original belief that Coded, being the only game set in "present" time (as opposed to BBS which is in the "far" past, and Days that is in the near past of KH2), will be the one basing us the most towards KH3, possibly even with the same enemies, like CoM did for the Nobodies and the Organization in KH2.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Everyone is writing Coded off as just a lame offshoot moneymaker..
Whoever said that is an idiot.
Its on the cellphone.
If anything, that'd make it the least likely to be just some moneymaker.

khinsiderfan

xion is the forbidden secret... no evidence there but it would bo soooooooooo cool if that was true. like if she was working behind the scenes.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Unfortunately, Coded will be important. Honestly, I wish that either A.) they release it on something else in the west to make it easier on us, or B.) It's canceled overall (yeah, I know neither of the 2 will happen *sigh*).

Gabo

Great! now i have to bye A cell phone!
Have fun with that.
It'll only play on certain phones.
And those will most likely cost quite a bit.

DaisyDuck

Of course Coded is going to be important.

I made the mistake of playing KHII before CoM and there were quite a few important elements that made no sense at all. Namine for example seems completely random if you don't know her story.

I think KH3 without Coded would be the same way. Some very important characters or events in KH3 will make no sense without it.

khinsiderfan

hate that it on a phone though. crappy thing to do. used to be u had one consle. now u need every tech thing out there. not made of money u know.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I really want to play Coded. =/
It's tied to the other two handheld games. It exists to explain some of the things that Nomura wants us to understand.

And how would a cell phone game be a moneymaker?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It's important, but it's still a scam. There could have just been KH, KHII, and KHIII. Anything else is just milking us for money, it's just adding more to the story, which does make it better, but realistically, the whole thing is a scam.

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu
It's important, but it's still a scam. There could have just been KH, KHII, and KHIII. Anything else is just milking us for money, it's just adding more to the story, which does make it better, but realistically, the whole thing is a scam.

CoM's kinda necessary... KH2 makes no sense w/o it

P.S. Where's Kuwabara?? Y.Y

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
CoM's kinda necessary... KH2 makes no sense w/o it

P.S. Where's Kuwabara?? Y.Y

Absolutely it does, but it's still a scam. All the importance of CoM, could have been condensed and have been in KHII.

And, btw, he'll be back. I'm gonna put up a bigger pic for the avatar once I hit premium. But for now, I've been playing through Crisis Core, so I felt it was necessary.

Gabo

ok but u could have put all of CoM's story line into kh2 and made it good.
COM was too long to put in KH2.
I like it the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back