• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Tweet" and "Like" buttons on posts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
When did we get these? I just noticed one a minute ago and was like what the heck?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I believe it happened on June 27th.

It was a bit earlier...

They've been there for five days lol Nobody's noticed until now.

We want users to feel like they can share their favorite discussions around if they are into that sort of thing. Also it will have plenty of applications later on in the future.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It was a bit earlier...

They've been there for five days lol Nobody's noticed until now.

We want users to feel like they can share their favorite discussions around if they are into that sort of thing. Also it will have plenty of applications later on in the future.

Oops. I meant to edit my post to say it was a guess on my part. xD (Sorry Master Spockanort, please forgive me! ;u;/) I only noticed it on that day in particular. I can't believe it's been up for five days and took us this long to really notice they're there.

I'm curious what the other applications would be.

D

Deleted member 36435

yea a good way to let twitter and facebook track users

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think LIKE buttons should be added.

You mean every post with a like button? We are pretty adamantly against the idea of implementing that on the forum.

It is in the software, but people would start getting obsessed with getting likes just like they were obsessed with getting rep.

yea a good way to let twitter and facebook track users

oh no

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
let them get obsessed with likes, time to weed out the weak links

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't realize people became obsessed with getting likes/rep. I would think that would make people want to make better posts. Anyway, I do disagree with the "tweet" option or connecting this in any way to other social media, except with the forum's own social media accounts.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't realize people became obsessed with getting likes/rep. I would think that would make people want to make better posts. Anyway, I do disagree with the "tweet" option or connecting this in any way to other social media, except with the forum's own social media accounts.

I heard this argument when we put social media links on the main site.

It's okay not to not use this function. They are not there to be forced upon you. It is for those who may want to use it.

Max

Staff member
Awards
It is in the software, but people would start getting obsessed with getting likes just like they were obsessed with getting rep.

Oh god, rep became a nightmare. I always had decent rep until one day I said I thought some anime was overrated (forget what it even was) and someone with some weight negarepped me and it shot me way down. Then some people were just "rep-for-repping" and... Yeah.

Anyway, the tweet and like buttons are an okay addition. Don't know if I'll ever use it (I don't even have twitter), but it's nice that the option is there.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh god, rep became a nightmare. I always had decent rep until one day I said I thought some anime was overrated (forget what it even was) and someone with some weight negarepped me and it shot me way down. Then some people were just "rep-for-repping" and... Yeah.
And that's why rep isn't coming back~

Max

Staff member
Awards
Am I missing something? I don't see any different buttons... Is it limited to certain forum skins?

You should be able to see them on the bottom right corner of a first post on a thread.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You should be able to see them on the bottom right corner of a first post on a thread.
Yeah, it looks like they only show up on certain forum skins. I have mine set to the dark skin and there's nothing there, but on the light one it is there.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ Bottom right of the first post has the like button.

Back