• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Twenty Pieces of a Shattered Blade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Within Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, we find out that the X-Blade was shattered into twenty pieces long ago, seven of light and thirteen of darkness. We also find out that Master Xehanort is planning on starting a Keyblade War, a war in which he plans to have seven lights and thirteen darknesses clash to create the X-Blade once again.

So here's what I want to discuss; What qualifies someone as a light/darkness, the possible candidates for both sides (in detail), how the war will play out, and the X-Blade itself along with the other keys that we'll see

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

---

... and yeah yeah, I know massive topic :p if you don't want to read the full thing, read a part of it and we'll go from there ;) Anyways, discuss.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I got college in the morning so i'll just respond to the first one tonight.

I may be taking things too literally here, but I think the 7 fragments of light from the original X-Blade choose who will be a guardian of light. I think each guardian of light has one of the 7 fragments of light from the X-Blade inside of their heart. Why? Well in KH1 XH called out for KH to fill him with darkness. Sora told him that KH is light and then the light of KH shinned through the DTD. I think this was KH was responding to a fragment of the X-Blade that Sora had in his heart. (Assuming Sora recieved one of the fragments sometime in KH1, possibly when he got KK back from Riku in Hollow Bastion.) After all the X-Blade has been said to be the twin to KH pretty much, so it makes sense that KH would react to a fragment of the X-Blade.

Next i'll express some thoughts on the seekers of darkness. I think one reason MX wanted to place pieces of his heart inside each member was because MX had already recieved one of the 13 fragments of darkness from the X-Blade. So by taking over 12 other people, those 12 people would become like Xehanort and therefore the other 12 fragments of darkness would choose them just as a fragment of darkness chose MX.

In fact I think we have seen a fragment of the X-Blade already. Remember the orb that MX's keyblade turned into in BBS? The orb he shot up into the sky to make KH appears? Well we know the X-Blade can summon KH. So let's assume that dark orb was one of the fragments of darkness from the X-Blade, then it would make sense that fragment could summon a fragment of KH.

To further go along with this claim, if you look in the early trailers for BBS, you see MX giving his line "You have lost it, but you haven't lost it completely. Now reach and take it." He says this to Ven and then summons a silver and black orb that is very similar to the one he used to make KH appear. We know he was using Ven to try and forge the X-Blade in BBS. So what if Nomura had intended to reveal the concept of the 20 fragments of the X-Blade in BBS, and that silver orb in the concept trailer was actually planned to be Ventus' X-Blade fragment?

billyzanesucks

As I mentioned in another thread, there are several possibilities regarding the revived Terra. He may have Terra's heart, Eraqus' heart, or neither. As suggested by Nomura, Terra's heart may remain in Riku, which might explain the keyblade Riku gave to Kairi (how has this still not been brought up?). Then there's Xemnas' heart...

Other than that, there's pre-split Terra. There's not really any reason not to include him.

I think people should stop using "PPS" to solve every plot problem. The most likely solution for Vanitas regaining a body is to possess Ven again. The creation of a new body is an exceptional, undependable occurrence.

naturemage2

I would find the keyblade war is as it is. A war involving keyblades. Unless Xehanort shatters the walls of the realm of light, it would be rather difficult to incorporate radiant garden gang or any world related ally besides those with keyblades. It seems the easiest way to traverse to the keyblade graveyard and battle it out.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Personally, I feel these 5 are pretty much guaranteed to be in the Guardian lineup:
1) Sora
2) Riku
3) Kairi
4) Mickey
5) Aqua

Then, 6 and 7 will be two of these:
-Lea
-Roxas
-Ventus
-Xion

They've already acknowledged that Terra missing puts them down one number for the Guardians and that he's already been made into one of the Seekers.

JustSnilloc

I got college in the morning so i'll just respond to the first one tonight.

I may be taking things too literally here, but I think the 7 fragments of light from the original X-Blade choose who will be a guardian of light. I think each guardian of light has one of the 7 fragments of light from the X-Blade inside of their heart. Why? Well in KH1 XH called out for KH to fill him with darkness. Sora told him that KH is light and then the light of KH shinned through the DTD. I think this was KH was responding to a fragment of the X-Blade that Sora had in his heart. (Assuming Sora recieved one of the fragments sometime in KH1, possibly when he got KK back from Riku in Hollow Bastion.) After all the X-Blade has been said to be the twin to KH pretty much, so it makes sense that KH would react to a fragment of the X-Blade.

Interesting... Perhaps Sora was borrowing Ventus's light to do that? I like this theory

Next i'll express some thoughts on the seekers of darkness. I think one reason MX wanted to place pieces of his heart inside each member was because MX had already recieved one of the 13 fragments of darkness from the X-Blade. So by taking over 12 other people, those 12 people would become like Xehanort and therefore the other 12 fragments of darkness would choose them just as a fragment of darkness chose MX.

In fact I think we have seen a fragment of the X-Blade already. Remember the orb that MX's keyblade turned into in BBS? The orb he shot up into the sky to make KH appears? Well we know the X-Blade can summon KH. So let's assume that dark orb was one of the fragments of darkness from the X-Blade, then it would make sense that fragment could summon a fragment of KH.

To further go along with this claim, if you look in the early trailers for BBS, you see MX giving his line "You have lost it, but you haven't lost it completely. Now reach and take it." He says this to Ven and then summons a silver and black orb that is very similar to the one he used to make KH appear. We know he was using Ven to try and forge the X-Blade in BBS. So what if Nomura had intended to reveal the concept of the 20 fragments of the X-Blade in BBS, and that silver orb in the concept trailer was actually planned to be Ventus' X-Blade fragment?

I take back what I said, now I love this theory <3 It makes a lot of sense. And while the latter part may have been conceptual stuff, the idea that Master Xehanort used his fragment to summon Kingdom Hearts would explain how Xemnas was able to have his own "kingdom hearts"

As I mentioned in another thread, there are several possibilities regarding the revived Terra. He may have Terra's heart, Eraqus' heart, or neither. As suggested by Nomura, Terra's heart may remain in Riku, which might explain the keyblade Riku gave to Kairi (how has this still not been brought up?). Then there's Xemnas' heart...

Other than that, there's pre-split Terra. There's not really any reason not to include him.

The only time that Terra's heart was inside Riku was when Ansem SoD's heart was inside Riku (because SoD's heart contains Terra's) when Ansem the Wise's machine exploded, it wiped out all traces of both of them in Riku's heart. So yeah, that would explain why he was able to give that keyblade to Kairi, but he was cleansed of Terra and Xehanort shortly afterwards.

As far as the revived Terra goes, it's a simple thing. Terranort's heartless and nobody were defeated, so Terranort would be revived yes? Exactly. Master Xehanort is back because he left his refuge inside Terra. Why would he leave Terra? Well, he would only do so if he knew he would still have Terra under his control. Still confused? NeoTerranort... Terra with Xemnas's heart controlling him instead of Master Xehanort's

I think people should stop using "PPS" to solve every plot problem. The most likely solution for Vanitas regaining a body is to possess Ven again. The creation of a new body is an exceptional, undependable occurrence.

I fail to see how "PPS's are used to solve every plot problem", they're a reasonable explanation for things... Vanitas never had a body to begin with, so I fail to see how not having one atm is an issue.

I would find the keyblade war is as it is. A war involving keyblades. Unless Xehanort shatters the walls of the realm of light, it would be rather difficult to incorporate radiant garden gang or any world related ally besides those with keyblades. It seems the easiest way to traverse to the keyblade graveyard and battle it out.

Perhaps... and I may be wrong here, but don't the Radiant Garden crew still have gummi ships? Plus there's always people like Merlin who can travel between worlds by unconventional means.

Personally, I feel these 5 are pretty much guaranteed to be in the Guardian lineup:
1) Sora
2) Riku
3) Kairi
4) Mickey
5) Aqua

Then, 6 and 7 will be two of these:
-Lea
-Roxas
-Ventus
-Xion

They've already acknowledged that Terra missing puts them down one number for the Guardians and that he's already been made into one of the Seekers.

I'm thinking that Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, and Riku are guarenteed... The others I'm not so sure about, I've said it before, but I believe these seven will be the lights that are chosen...

- Mickey
- Aqua
- Ventus
- Riku
- Roxas
- Xion
- Lea

billyzanesucks

The only time that Terra's heart was inside Riku was when Ansem SoD's heart was inside Riku (because SoD's heart contains Terra's) when Ansem the Wise's machine exploded, it wiped out all traces of both of them in Riku's heart. So yeah, that would explain why he was able to give that keyblade to Kairi, but he was cleansed of Terra and Xehanort shortly afterwards.
I just mean Nomura has dropped hints. I don't think it should be completely written off that Terra may have remained somehow.
As far as the revived Terra goes, it's a simple thing. Terranort's heartless and nobody were defeated, so Terranort would be revived yes? Exactly. Master Xehanort is back because he left his refuge inside Terra. Why would he leave Terra? Well, he would only do so if he knew he would still have Terra under his control. Still confused? NeoTerranort... Terra with Xemnas's heart controlling him instead of Master Xehanort's
I've thought of all of these things before. However, the Mysteries article suggests that the distribution of Terra-Xehanort is to be considered, including Eraqus' position within that.
I fail to see how "PPS's are used to solve every plot problem", they're a reasonable explanation for things... Vanitas never had a body to begin with, so I fail to see how not having one atm is an issue.
If you can give me one example of an already existing person losing their physical form and gaining it back without outside interference, I'll consider it.

JustSnilloc

I've thought of all of these things before. However, the Mysteries article suggests that the distribution of Terra-Xehanort is to be considered, including Eraqus' position within that.

Mysteries article... I'm not remembering this, it seems familiar linky please? ^_^

If you can give me one example of an already existing person losing their physical form and gaining it back without outside interference, I'll consider it.

that's easy enough, Riku and Kairi both do this.

At the time of Destiny Island's "Storm", Kairi loses her body at some point. Afterwards, while she standing in front of Destiny Islands keyhole to hold back the darkness, Sora comes in and when the door flies open, she simply fades into Sora (which isn't something people with bodies can do), later we find out that Kairi's heart is inside Sora... Easy enough to figure out when it happened and how

Later in KH1FM... Ansem, Seeker of Darkness takes control of Riku's body, well this lasts for a little while until he tries to hurt Sora and Co. and then Riku stops Ansem from harming his friends. Not taking too kindly to this, Ansem casts Riku out of his body and in the Final Mix, we see Riku (as just a heart) walking around the Realm of Darkness in his human form... This is because his heart created a PPS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The passage billyzanesucks is speaking about is this tidbit from the DDD Ultimania (Scenario mysteries of the whole KH saga):

Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

It's a part of six questions mentioned on the following page of the Ultimania (right side):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Seeing that now, I think that one of the six wasn't translated by our translators, as the corressponding article in our Interview archive here:
Mysteries of Kingdom Hearts - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

only holds five questions and not six. One is missing.

billyzanesucks

that's easy enough, Riku and Kairi both do this.

At the time of Destiny Island's "Storm", Kairi loses her body at some point. Afterwards, while she standing in front of Destiny Islands keyhole to hold back the darkness, Sora comes in and when the door flies open, she simply fades into Sora (which isn't something people with bodies can do), later we find out that Kairi's heart is inside Sora... Easy enough to figure out when it happened and how

Later in KH1FM... Ansem, Seeker of Darkness takes control of Riku's body, well this lasts for a little while until he tries to hurt Sora and Co. and then Riku stops Ansem from harming his friends. Not taking too kindly to this, Ansem casts Riku out of his body and in the Final Mix, we see Riku (as just a heart) walking around the Realm of Darkness in his human form... This is because his heart created a PPS
Those scenes wouldn't have easily been expressed if they were just shown as balls of light or something. Like Vanitas appeared next to Young Xehanort to show Ven's point of view, Riku's and Kairi's appearances were probably to show the perspectives of their hearts.

JustSnilloc

Those scenes wouldn't have easily been expressed if they were just shown as balls of light or something. Like Vanitas appeared next to Young Xehanort to show Ven's point of view, Riku's and Kairi's appearances were probably to show the perspectives of their hearts.

>_> right... The fact remains that certain hearts have created PPS's without any sort of medium, and there have been hearts that have created PPS's with mediums. A PPS (projected physical shell) is exactly that, a physical shell that the heart projects, some are strong, some are weak, but we've seen them throughout the series regardless.

The passage billyzanesucks is speaking about is this tidbit from the DDD Ultimania (Scenario mysteries of the whole KH saga)

I see... To me it just seems to suggest nothing in terms of distribution of his body, but rather it seems that he's challenging the reader to think about where he could/should be at this point.

Seeing that now, I think that one of the six wasn't translated by our translators, as the corressponding article in our Interview archive here:
Mysteries of Kingdom Hearts - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

only holds five questions and not six. One is missing.

Huh... That's odd

billyzanesucks

>_> right... The fact remains that certain hearts have created PPS's without any sort of medium, and there have been hearts that have created PPS's with mediums. A PPS (projected physical shell) is exactly that, a physical shell that the heart projects, some are strong, some are weak, but we've seen them throughout the series regardless.
<_< Sure... Any other examples?

billyzanesucks

Ansem SoD is a bad example in this situation, seeing as he had no power until he possessed Riku. Not to mention that he was a new being as well as Vanitas, so it's natural that he'd be given some form.

As Nomura has clarified, giving up one's form a single time is all it takes to permanently gain the ability to move through time. Young Xehanort remained in the same body during his travels.

JustSnilloc

Ansem SoD is a bad example in this situation, seeing as he had no power until he possessed Riku. Not to mention that he was a new being as well as Vanitas, so it's natural that he'd be given some form.

As Nomura has clarified, giving up one's form a single time is all it takes to permanently gain the ability to move through time. Young Xehanort remained in the same body during his travels.

YMX says he cast aside his body to time travel, what we see is a PPS

billyzanesucks

YMX says he cast aside his body to time travel, what we see is a PPS
(Paraphrasing) "At that time, I hadn't realized that I was talking to myself, that I would give up my body in order to go back in time." If you're talking about that, it seems that he's referring to Ansem.

DragonFireBladr

Could the fragments of light and dark be the princesses of heart and the Organization XIII respectively? It would fit and make a lot of sense coz the 13 fragments of darkness would just be floating around until they found suitable hosts wouldn't they?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hi, welcome to the forums! I encourage you to poke around and make new topics and respond to active ones, but please don't bump topics that no one's posted in for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back