• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TWEWY squad in San Fransokyo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Based on DDD, we can hope to see the TWEWY cast once again in shibuya. I was thinking that a good way to implement this would be that San Fransokyio has a "shibuya" district. To me it just makes sense without having to give them a whole world.

Thoughts?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I love TWEWY so much and would love to see them return in KH, since the chances of an actual sequel aren't great. I didn't really like how the characters were handled in DDD, but maybe KH3 can do it better. A whole world would be amazing, but unlikely, so I'll take any kind of appearance.

samues

so yeah sure why not the world ends with you in the big hero 6 world that would be nice maybe a world in a world too that would be cool.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Technically, this can be entirely possible. They said "Shibuya", and I'm pretty sure Square Enix can have creative liberties by having one area in San Fransokyo called Shibuya.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
TWEWY being in San Fransokyo would be ideal. Personally i would love to see them interact with Hiro and Baymax.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Anything TWEWY and I'm good with it.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Huh, that's a really unique idea! To be honest though, I was semi-hoping that Shibuya could be it's own world to show that they have access to different Square Enix properties other than Final Fantasy. But ideally this would definitely be the next best thing.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, while the two worlds could be one, I hope this is not the case. The world is already gonna be stuffed with all the familiar faces of BH6 (hopefully) that including the TWEWY gang would make it even more overstuffed and probably hamper how relevant the all the characters will be, outside of Hiro and Baymax.

I'd rather see Shibuya as its own world so that way the TWEWY gang will still be able to have big roles in the world's plot, but also to generate interest in the TWEWY series because dammit, I want a second game and a remaster/remake but I'm afraid this is just going to fade away like the Chrono series did.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I had the same idea a few months ago and I would really love it to happen. Could create some interesting scenarios with the TWEWY pins and Superheroes as well.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'd rather Shibuya be its own world. TWEWY's cast and setting are more than enough for a KH world to themselves, on top of Neku explicitly mentioning Shibuya.
Hell, depending on how big the worlds can be in III, they might just be able to map out Shibuya wholesale. That'd be neat.

It'd also really limit what the TWEWY cast can do as additions to the series.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd rather Shibuya be its own world. TWEWY's cast and setting are more than enough for a KH world to themselves, on top of Neku explicitly mentioning Shibuya.
Hell, depending on how big the worlds can be in III, they might just be able to map out Shibuya wholesale. That'd be neat.

It'd also really limit what the TWEWY cast can do as additions to the series.

We haven't gotten any Final Fantasy worlds. I really don't see why TWEWY deserves it's own world, when FF characters appear in original KH worlds and Disney worlds.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
We haven't gotten any Final Fantasy worlds. I really don't see why TWEWY deserves it's own world, when FF characters appear in original KH worlds and Disney worlds.
Because they specifically mention their own world?

I mean if Cloud had ever talked about Gaia, or Midgar, or whatever, then I'd be like "yeah let's get a Midgar world"
But that hasn't happened.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Because they specifically mention their own world?

I mean if Cloud had ever talked about Gaia, or Midgar, or whatever, then I'd be like "yeah let's get a Midgar world"
But that hasn't happened.

They mentioned Shibuya, which is a ward/area of Tokyo. The closest to Tokyo we are getting in this series is San Fransokyo.

palizinhas

Awards
This game has like three Frances. I don't think San Fransokyo existing is definitely the "closest to Tokyo we are getting". I wouldn't discount Shibuya world, but I wouldn't be aversed to it being part of San Fransokyo.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Let's be honest. It's because people love TWEWY, that's the reason.
I am one of the... I guess 3% of people who read the "See you in Shibuya" just as a nod to the place the come from and nothing more. Something to make fans say "omg he referenced Shibuya!", kinda like how they mentioned Reapers and the Game.
Disney characters tell Sora and whoever is with him to come back/meet again all the time, it's a farewell sentence to show the bond that was formed between them. I never think it's an actual hint for future worlds in the series.

Now I'm not saying Shibuya or at least the TWEWY cast WON'T come back at all, it's definitely a possibility (one that I would prefer a hundred times over Star Wars or Marvel). But in these last years I saw people using the TWEWY boner to act like the sentence it's an undeniable proof of Shibuya's return, and to me that's just silly. Never take what Nomura or who for him makes the characters say for granted.
For example, Goofy does mention that Sephiroth and Cloud may have gone back to their own world, but people usually dismiss that as mistranslation or Goofy not knowing what he's talking about (because a Dream World Neku talking to Sora who was dreaming him about meeting in the real world is such a logic scenario. Yeah, let's not even go on how it's even questionable if Neku does exist in the KHverse or he actually remembers Sora.)
What I gather from this is that fans won't like a Midgar world as much.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
because a Dream World Neku talking to Sora who was dreaming him about meeting in the real world is such a logic scenario. Yeah, let's not even go on how it's even questionable if Neku does exist in the KHverse or he actually remembers Sora.
If I've understood the TWEWY subplot correctly (though admittedly I never looked into it that much), Joshua brought them all to the sleeping Traverse Town as the new grounds for the Game after their world was lost to darkness. However, the partners got split up and they couldn't continue the game (or leave), hence their being there when Sora and Riku visit.

So Neku and friends are kind of doing the same thing as Sora and Riku, I guess.

Side note: the Cloud vs Sephiroth thing
Goofy's line in Japanese is「元の世界に帰ったのかな」(I wonder if they went back to their original world)
My immediate thought is that this could be referring to Cloud and Sephiroth's appearance in Olympus during KH1.
Sora replies「別の世界に行ったんだ」(They went to a different world)
This is using んだ to mark an explanation.

So the English scene doesn't feel mistranslated to me, though some of the nuance may have been lost.

And on the topic of original lines, Neku says 「そうだな シブヤで待ってる」(That's right. We'll be waiting [for you] in Shibuya.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back