• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Twilight Town mansion mystery connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

trednam

I hope everybody is enjoying the new year and enjoying kh2.5 but something has really caught my attention. As I'm playing KH 2 FM searching around the old mansion in Twilight Town I realized that there are many statues and signs of unicorns all over the place. Could this be a connection to the for teller union Unicornis?? What do you guys think?

bankai8299

Awards
Re: twilight town mansion mystery connection

Possibly or maybe Namine has a thing for unicorns since she resided there along with DIZ but if you screenshot maybe there would be further evidence like a mask of unicornus or something like that

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.

Also, in relation to the Foretellers, I think there's a fountain near the entrance to Sunset Terrace (from the station) that resembles either a bear, or leopard. I know that's kinda small in comparison to all the Unicorns and Pegasus, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Also, in relation to the Foretellers, I think there's a fountain near the entrance to Sunset Terrace (from the station) that resembles either a bear, or leopard. I know that's kinda small in comparison to all the Unicorns and Pegasus, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

In the main hall, the golden ornaments on the wall also resemble somehow a leopard head, so while the Unicorns are certainly the primary decoration, there is a secondary one.

The theory that the mansion has something to do with the Foretellers (Unicornis in particular) or even all of them is not new though and has been pointed out before.
Who knows? Maybe Unicornis and Leopardus eventually were some sort of allies during the war and the mansion was their headquarters?

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.

In the main hall, the golden ornaments on the wall also resemble somehow a leopard head, so while the Unicorns are certainly the primary decoration, there is a secondary one.

The theory that the mansion has something to do with the Foretellers (Unicornis in particular) or even all of them is not new though and has been pointed out before.
Who knows? Maybe Unicornis and Leopardus eventually were some sort of allies during the war and the mansion was their headquarters?

Really? Those gold decorations look more like a cross between the Mark of Mastery badge and a wolf to me.

On top of all that, there also the fact that there's a wall separating the mansion from the rest of the town.
Maybe the war lead to wall being built to protect the townspeople.
But that begs the question, was the wall built before the mansion?

If the mansion was still in use around the time the wall was built, there would be a man-made entrance, and not a crude hole.
But it also seems silly that a mansion would be built after the barrier.
So it would make more sense that the mansion has been around much, much longer and was no longer in use when the town needed protection.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Last edited:

DoctahFaz

Awards

I never thought about the implications of why the mansion was so isolated from Twilight Town by the wall that someone eventually blew a hole through. Thanks for pointing it out!

Megavoltage

Awards
I originally thought Twilight Town was a bad choice for a world in KH3. What else is left to do in it? Roxas and Sora visiting with Hayner's group could have been done in a cut scene. But if the mansion really is connected to Unicornis and we'd be exploring the town for Fortuneteller clues it could be pretty interesting.

Samhain

Bronze Member
You guys are looking way into this

When Kh2 was made Nomura had no idea about the foretellers...no better yet, he didn't even have a BBS story in mind at this point, better yet he didn't even have drawings of Terra, Aqua or Ven yet at this point which is why he used the armor to hide their identity in the KH2 Ending.

Xohamed

I think twilight town have a very strong connection to the foretellers .. just like trednam said that the mansion is full is unicorns statues , I have theory of twilight town :I think in during keyblade war daybreak town over half of it was destroyed and it was transport to other place and a different look , Twilight look , just like what happened when Aqua locked LoD to another place and made it into Castle Obilivion . My 2 theory is that Twilight Town.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You guys are looking way into this

When Kh2 was made Nomura had no idea about the foretellers...no better yet, he didn't even have a BBS story in mind at this point, better yet he didn't even have drawings of Terra, Aqua or Ven yet at this point which is why he used the armor to hide their identity in the KH2 Ending.
Just because he may not have had it figured out exactly doesn't mean it can't hold relevance and importance now. He left the Old Mansion's origins deliberately vague. It's possible when coming up with the idea of the Foretellers he looked back at the Old Mansion in KH2 and decided to make a connection to this unexplained locale, and that's why one of the clans is based on the unicorn.

While it's definitely true it probably wasn't thought of at the time of KH2's creation, that doesn't mean it can't ever hold future significance as the series goes on. There are a lot of things in newer titles that connect back to the older ones that likely weren't thought of when the older titles were made. It's just the nature of an ongoing series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back