• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two things I'd like to discuss about BBSv2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura confirmed this, if I remember correctly. But I like the idea of it being Ventus more, so lets 'hope' he pulls another retcon and changes it. It would make a lot more sense than Mickey. So many questions...

1. How did he know Sora would get the Keyblade?
2. How did he talk to him?

Also, for that matter, how did he know in his original letter to Donald/Goofy that the keyblade bearer was going to be a boy. I know its nothing, but maybe 'Terra' will tell him he gave his power to Riku and, while trying to speak to Riku, Mickey also spoke to Sora. I swear... These games have so many holes in them.

Can't say anything about the first one, but Mickey has a special ability to communicate with others through their hearts.

I wouldn't think too much about the letter. In most cases, when referring to someone unknown, the pronoun is defaulted to be masculine.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Can't say anything about the first one, but Mickey has a special ability to communicate with others through their hearts.

I wouldn't think too much about the letter. In most cases, when referring to someone unknown, the pronoun is defaulted to be masculine.
Yeah, like the whole "his majesty banished Pete" debacle.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, like the whole "his majesty banished Pete" debacle.

Actually we can blame that on a mistranslation, since Japanese pronouns are gender neutral. Same situation with "Why did he choose you?"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Actually we can blame that on a mistranslation, since Japanese pronouns are gender neutral. Same situation with "Why did he choose you?"
It all certainly becomes confusing down the line.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

What I don't get is, if something's ambiguous, why do they make assumptions in translation? There's no reason, in my mind, to use "why did he choose you" over "why were you chosen?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back