• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Union X: Sugar Rush finale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Union X Japan updated with a new story quest (No.976), as well as 5 Proud Mode quests (No.971~976).

Translations are now available thanks to goldpanner

(The Cy-Bugs continue to advance on Vanellope and the others. Vanellope watches Ralph struggle against King Candy.)

Vanellope: Ralph!

(Calhoun tries to beat back the Cy-Bugs, but runs out of ammo.)

Calhoun: Fall back!

(Ralph watches as his friends are left defenseless)

Ralph: Kid!

(Felix and Calhoun try to take Vanellope through the exit, but a force field prevents her from leaving.)

Ralph: Vanellope!

King Candy: Look at that. It's your little friend. Let's watch her die together, shall we?

Ralph: No!

King Candy: It's game over for both of you!

(Ralph looks down at the crater of mentos below, and has an epiphany.)

Ralph: No. Just for me.

(He breaks free from King Candy's grip and falls.)

Vanellope: Ralph!

(She glitches her way past the Cy-Bugs as Ralph continues to make his descent.)

Ralph: I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

(He looks at the medal Vanellope made for him, and strikes the crater with newfound resolve, demolishing the structure and sending mentos plummeting into the bed of molten diet cola below. Player rushes towards him but the two are unable to escape. However, Vanellope glitches through Candy Kingdom in her kart and manages to catch them just in time.)

Ralph: Kid!

Vanellope: Don't worry, I got it under control!

(She brings them to safety as mentos meets cola, causing an eruption. This eruption creates a powerful beacon, attracting the attention of all Cy-Bugs. They make their way towards the light as if entranced, and implode upon making contact with it. King Candy tries to resist the temptation.)

King Candy: You fools! Why are you going into the light--

No, no, no, no, no, -must go into the light!

(He enters the beacon and is destroyed. Meanwhile, Vanellope and the others arrive in the safety of the candy forest. After a brief celebration, they start to make their way towards the goal.)

Ralph: Now you just have to cross the finish line.

(Player pauses.)

Ralph: What is it?

You forgot something and want us to go on ahead?

Talk about poor timing. Alright, if you say so.

Vanellope: We'll be waiting for you at the race track!

(Ralph and Vanellope leave, and Chirithy appears.)

Chirithy: I take it you’ve noticed.

(Player nods and summons their Keyblade. They turn around to face the enemy, shrouded in darkness behind the trees.)

???: N o t… Y o u…

(The Cy-Bug Darkling fusion has transformed yet again, taking on an sinister appearance.)

Chirithy: Here we go again.

If we’re not the ones you want, then why do you keep coming after us!

(It strikes out.)

Chirithy: Huh. Of course it can't understand us…

I'd hoped we could figure out what the Darklings were after, but it seems we have no choice.

(Chirithy gets into a battle stance, much to Player's delight. The Nightmare Cy-Bug makes a move towards Chirithy, and he steps back.)

Chirithy: Okay, the rest is up to you!

(He bails, leaving Player to fight the Nightmare Cy-Bug alone. DISAPPOINTMENT.)

(Player defeats the Nightmare Cy-Bug. Chirithy returns.)

Chirithy: So what was that all about?

Keyblade… Beacon…

I wonder… could Darklings be drawn to Keyblade wielders…?

(Player snaps him out of his thoughts.)

Chirithy: Sorry, sorry, it's nothing.

Anyway, how do you think Vanellope's race went?

Let's head over to the goal and see how things are wrapping up!

(They make their way back to the goal just as Felix puts the finishing touches on repairs.)

Felix: All fixed!

Ralph: You ready for this?

Vanellope: As ready as I'll ever be.

(Ralph pushes Vanellope's kart over the goal line. A bright light engulfs her, and she emerges clad in a fancy dress. The light spreads across Candy Kingdom, restoring it to its original form. Everyone is extremely confused.

Sour Bill makes his way towards them and is suddenly comes to a realization.)

Sour Bill: Now I remember. All hail the Rightful Ruler of Sugar Rush: Princess Vanellope.

Ralph: Wow, so this is the real you, a princess.

Vanellope: Ralph, what are you, nuts? Come on, this isn't me.

(She glitches out of the silly outfit.)

Vanellope: This is me.

Look, the code may say I'm a princess, but I know who I really am, Ralph. I'm a racer with the greatest superpower ever.

(Chirithy reappears by Player's side.)

Chirithy: Who she really is, huh…

Everyone has more to them than meets the eye.

There might even be another you hidden in your heart.

And if it were darkness…

(Player realizes Chirithy is in a funk. He reassures them.)

Chirithy: Oh, no, it' s nothing.

(Meanwhile, the others are preparing to depart.)

Calhoun: Fix-it, Wreck-it, the arcade's about to open. Let's move 'em out!

(Back to Chirithy and Player.)

Chirithy: It looks like the problems with this world have been fixed.

I bet the glitches have been erased too.

We have to report on the Darklings, so why don’t we head back to Daybreak Town?

(Player nods. They watch as Vanellope and Ralph say their farewells.)

Vanellope: You know, you could just stay here and live in the castle. You'd have your own wing where no one would ever complain about your stench, or treat you bad ever again. You could be happy.

Ralph: I'm already happy. I've got the coolest friend in the world. And besides, I've got a job to do, too. It may not be as fancy as being president, but it's my duty. And it's a big duty.

(They share a laugh and a farewell fist bump.)

Ralph: See ya later, President Fartfeathers.

Vanellope: Au revoir, Admiral Underpants.

(The two make their separate ways. Back to Chirithy.)

Chirithy: If the Darklings are after a Keyblade wielder, and it's not Player or Ephemer, then who…

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
King Candy got upstaged. Why Disney villains have nice things?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with goldpanner's translations!

Pretty much the only interesting thing is Chirithy musing about stuff pertaining to Ven and saying flat out that the Darklings are after a specific Keyblade wielder.

Awards
Only one quest? Huh, that's very odd. But since the service is shutting down around April/May along with the storyline ending. I wonder how many quests will be remaining.

Chirithy: If the Darklings are after a Keyblade wielder, and it's not Player or Ephemer, then who…

I wonder who the Darklings are after, might be Ven considering "Darkness" used him but its possible that its another Keyblade Wielder entirely. Heck it might not even be a character we've seen yet.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Only one quest? Huh, that's very odd. But since the service is shutting down around April/May along with the storyline ending. I wonder how many quests will be remaining.

I wonder who the Darklings are after, might be Ven considering "Darkness" used him but its possible that its another Keyblade Wielder entirely. Heck it might not even be a character we've seen yet.
They're probably aiming to end on Quest 1,000 & want as much breathing room as possible for the finale.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
My first thought was Skuld, since Ven was present in the scene when the Darklings first went off on the "not you" stuff.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My first thought was Skuld, since Ven was present in the scene when the Darklings first went off on the "not you" stuff.
Good point, maybe the theory of Skuld, Urd (and a possible Verdandi) being important women in Kingdom Hearts may have some validity after all.

King Candy died the SAME way he died in the movie, for those that didn't see that..

Go watch it on Disney Plus if you haven't. So King Candy didn't get upstaged; they're just sticking to the movie..
I think what @MATGSY meant was that the final boss of the Wreck-It Ralph world was not King Candy but another Heartless.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Exactly, we're totally fighting that thing again later anyway, so why spoil the moment?
Eh, the Cy-Bug Darkling fusion has been a recurring enemy in the WIR worlds, and a big contributor to why we're there in the first place. It still needed to be dealt with, and at least it led into some interesting thoughts by Chirithy that's actually relevant to the main scenario, compared to all those other times where we beat up the Disney boss and then fucked off.

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
The answer just came to my mind: They are after the Book. Now, who is supposed to have it? They probably don't know what Ava did...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm glad that the Darkling stuff got brought up again. Honestly I find it odd that WiR ended up being such a retelling instead of using the Darklings for an original story arc in the world.

The thoughts Chirithy had are interesting. I wonder what they meant with another you within your heart. Are they implying Darkness are other versions of characters?

I also find it interesting that they made a point out of it being drawn to a keyblade, seeing according to KH1 the heartless are also drawn to the Keyblade. Though Chirithy's assumption that it's after another Keyblade wielder indicates it's more than just that.

LoneFox

Awards
The thoughts Chirithy had are interesting. I wonder what they meant with another you within your heart. Are they implying Darkness are other versions of characters?
The Darklings are former keyblade wielders who fell into darkness, aren't they? Similarly, it would make a lot of sense for the Darknesses to be the heartless (or something comparable) of the foretellers. Except it is impossible, because the one who killed Strelitzia was around before the war already. But then there is the similarity between Wreck-It Ralph and the main story, which suggests that some kind of memory manipulation is going on. Is it possible that we still don't know the full truth about the murder after all?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The Darklings are former keyblade wielders who fell into darkness, aren't they? Similarly, it would make a lot of sense for the Darknesses to be the heartless (or something comparable) of the foretellers. Except it is impossible, because the one who killed Strelitzia was around before the war already. But then there is the similarity between Wreck-It Ralph and the main story, which suggests that some kind of memory manipulation is going on. Is it possible that we still don't know the full truth about the murder after all?
Maybe there are Realm of Darkness counterparts to the citizens of the Realm of Light?

Back