• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unofficial translation from Japanese in progress!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh I agree with you DTL, thing is, this is a patch for the PS2 game. So far it has the menu partially translated into English along with all the cards.

Takfloyd

Someone ought to give the creators the Translation Guide located here:

http://www.stanford.edu/~darthur/khcom.pdf

So that they actually get names and features right... It's "Sleights", not "Skills", it's "Feeble Darkness", not "Feeble Dark" and so on. It would look a lot nicer then.

KylonCocalina

Agent in that video i swear you look like Garibaldi from Babylon 5

Someone ought to give the creators the Translation Guide located here:

http://www.stanford.edu/~darthur/khcom.pdf

So that they actually get names and features right... It's "Sleights", not "Skills", it's "Feeble Darkness", not "Feeble Dark" and so on. It would look a lot nicer then.

That's the guide i use when i play RE:CoM. Don't need the words on screen to be translated. Its not that hard to just either print it out or glance at my comp screen when i need to reference something. The only thing I needed to know at the beginning was which menu button opened up the deck editor. After that I could just play by recognizing cards by picture from the original CoM. Same with sleights. I would see Total Attack Value 1-6 and I automatically knew it was Ars Arcanum, even before double checking with the translation pdf.

Last edited by a moderator:

KylonCocalina

I have no idea who that is. Try not to double post either. Use the edit button. :thumbup:

... Go watch babylon 5. Best scifi tv show ever made. Pic related.

s5_garibaldi.jpg

bright_viking

I'm working on the patch for Re:CoM alongside the leader of this project.

I reckon it'll be a while before it'll be 100% complete, there's still a lot of work to do, but it's progressing well.

My main topic about it is here:

Re:CoM Translation Project

I've been able to find the text for the cutscenes and have translated the first two. After that pcsx2 crashes so I haven't gone any further yet.

I have a few screenshots of my progress here:
Re:CoM Preliminary Translation - a set on Flickr

Rhys, if you ever get this done you're going to be the hero of the millennium! Wish I could help, but I have no clue about any of this stuff :(

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh man, I'm not part of it, I just did what the site said, tried it out and put a video on youtube, I eagerly await for this to finish as much as you do!

bright_viking

as I understand it - and I'm not technically skilled at all - the problem isn't with getting everything translated and so on, it's with getting all that stuff programmed back into the game code so that it will actually play. Rhys's thread about it on another forum (i forget where) was updated in June I think, so I guess he's still working on it. Fingers x'd

MF29

Creating a backup of a game that you own is not illegal.

What you will need to do first, is buy RE: CoM online from somewhere, once you obtain the official video game, you then need to buy Swap Magic 3.6, and enable your PS2 to swap discs.

You then get access to a computer, download software called ImgBurn, insert RE: CoM into the DVD-R/RW drive, and extract the ISO from the video game.

You then download the translation, patch the ISO, then re-burn the ISO onto a blank DVD-R disc, using ImgBurn.

bright_viking

you're absolutely right. It's the creation of the patch that is the stumbling block to a complete translation, as I understand it. Sorry for not being clearer last time. The existing patch just translates some of the menus into English i think?

kalel

u just patch the iso and then burn it, anyway they have finished but only the menu is english all the writing and cutscenes are still in japenese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back