• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
An issue I have with the original DKC games compared to Retro’s is the overabundance of ‘animal buddies’. I don’t understand where the criticism directed towards DKC3 in particular is coming from when the first two games have way too many playable characters to have to learn. I love Rambi, Rattly, Squitter as characters, but when you combine them with playing as the Kongs, it just feels like too much crammed in without structure for the sake of variety. I felt like I barely got to play the Kongs enough to master their differing abilities.
Retro was wise to only have Rambi, and have 90% of the game be the main DK gameplay, differing playstyles being few and far between and spicing things up rather than intruding. It’s so much more consistent and focused.
Regardless, I really respect and appreciate the original DKC’s, as without them, the DK games I do love wouldn’t exist (literally and figuratively speaking).

Megavoltage

Awards
Retro was wise to only have Rambi, and have 90% of the game be the main DK gameplay, differing playstyles being few and far between and spicing things up rather than intruding. It’s so much more consistent and focused.
A man of fine taste I see. I still adore the original trilogy but I do agree that Retro made something superior.

What are your feelings on DK64?

kaseykockroach

Awards
It’s a mess, but it has its moments! Some awesome bosses, great music and characterization. Marred by some truly inane level design and structure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We should be calling all Kalos region pokemon by their french dub names. It's Amphinobi, not Greninja.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You shouldn't just be able to use any character in any event in the Mario & Sonic Olympic games. Make it more like the real Olympics where each character trains for a specific sport. To keep it 4-player, give Bowser & Robotnik their own separate teams.

Grey Skies

Awards
Big text is less distracting than small text.

Games are looking worse as time goes on and graphics get fancier.

I could go on and on about similar things, but basically, I'm a retro gamer who doesn't like how 3D games look these days.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Big text is less distracting than small text.

Games are looking worse as time goes on and graphics get fancier.

I could go on and on about similar things, but basically, I'm a retro gamer who doesn't like how 3D games look these days.
I can understand this point of view. A good example that holds up even now is look at Final Fantasy 6, and then look at Final Fantasy 7. Which ones graphics hold up? It's no contest, and it's kind of crazy to think anyone ever thought 7's were better, at least as far as the character models go. Now they still have a nostalgic charm for me, but that in no way makes them good.

I don't necessarily think all 3D games are looking worse as time goes on, but it can be distracting when you have games lush with gorgeous detail that had great artist and a high budget put next to a game that couldn't get the same budget from a smaller studio and it's on the same hardware. And you get people saying those graphics suck or look like a PS3 game. And I'm like "MGS4 still looks amazing, and that's on PS3." It's so hard as we approach this graphical realism and the standard and pressure people put on graphics. Graphics are one of the least important aspects of a game to me. Story, gameplay, then graphics.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’ve never had an interest in playing GTA games.

Guernsey

Awards
I cannot really play a lot of the games I am interested in. My computer is not up to snuff most of time and I cannot afford an account on any of the sites. If I had a good machine, I would play every game I was interested in.

Zetta slow

Awards
- Final Fantasy XV is my favourite of the series

- KH3 is actually a good game

- Breath of the Wild is boring and overrated

- Mario games aren’t that fun.

- Lunafreya is actually a good character.

- Nintendo doesn’t have that many good games.

- A story could be predictable and boring, but I would still like it as long as the characters are good.

Telin

Awards
I enjoy Janky wrpg games like Elex(and other European rpgs) or Cyberpunk 2077.

And I also wish for the days of common AA or B level games, if that makes sense.

Fiddlesticks

Awards
Does anyone like precision platformers have you seen the recently released Sunblaze? It's pretty good.

Awards
To be honest, if I had actually played it, I would probably feel differently. Unfortunately by the time I got a PS4, P.T. was long gone, which means that YouTube videos are my only way to experience it. I'm sure Silent Hills would have been great, Hideo Kojima is good at what he does and I worship Guillermo del Toro like a god. But as a long time Silent Hill fan, this did nothing for me. Of course I'm alone on that, and that's why it's an Unpopular Opinion.

Back