• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unversed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingroxas

Awards
Am I the only one who thought that the Unversed in BBS needed alittle more back story/explanation? I played BBS several times and I still don't see any real story line with the unversed, well not as much as with the heartless or nobodies (Does not read Reports).

LordPhantomhive

Awards
They were made from the negative emotions of that split with Ventus and Vantias, and Vantias was able to control them because of that and basically they came from him. Guess that all that was really needed.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
They were manifest from vanitas being negative, when vanitas was born they were born from him. Thats all you pretty much need to know since they arnt a constant throughout the series
*edit. Dammit lordphantomhive beat me to it

Light

faster than
Awards
What I wonder is why there are no allied beings (until ow, finally with da good Dream Eater Spirits).
If Vanitas had evil Unversed (which is a really bad name) why not Ventus with an opposite?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Are you speaking about their origin? Because Phantomhive and Hillboy explained that.
If you're speaking in terms of plot relevance, they existed within the story as a means for Vanitas and Master Xehanort to test Ventus and make him strong enough to create the X-Blade. They were also used to draw TAV away from Master Eraqus and isolate each of them sequentially, as the appearance of the Unversed upset the balance and peace of the Worlds (leading Terra to go investigate, which influenced Ven to follow Terra, resulting in Aqua chasing after Ven to bring him home). It was one grand diabolical plot.

What I wonder is why there are no allied beings (until ow, finally with da good Dream Eater Spirits).
If Vanitas had evil Unversed (which is a really bad name) why not Ventus with an opposite?
Heartless are beings of darkness; generally they ally with (or respond to) whomever has the strongest source of darkness in their Heart. Sora couldn't command them because he has very little darkness in his Heart.

Nobodies appear to have a pretty fixed hierarchical instinct to them; the stronger, more powerful Nobodies command the lesser ranks and they won't really respond to anyone else.

Unversed were controlled solely by Vanitas. Ventus didn't create Unversed of a positive sort because his Heart was far too weak to manage such a feat, and because there was no instigation. Vanitas's feelings of negativity as a being of pure darkness literally overflowed until they manifested into a physical form. As we've seen with beings of pure light, the equivalent is not true with feelings of positivity, which aren't as difficult to carry as feelings of pure negativity. This is because beings of pure light can apparently feel anger and sorrow, but feelings of pure darkness wouldn't appear capable of the reverse: whereas Ventus still felt natural emotion despite his Heart being composed only of Light, I think Vanitas's Heart having no Light to balance out his Darkness actually prevented him from feeling true happiness or joy. Also, Vanitas was of an abnormal existence (so his powers were unpredictable by extension), whereas Ventus was organic in his (so his powers wouldn't really be anything out of the ordinary).

KevVentus

In addition to what others have said, they were added mainly because Heartless/Nobodies wouldn't have made sense at the time so they needed a new enemy time. They really aren't too integral to the plot.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
In addition to what others have said, they were added mainly because Heartless/Nobodies wouldn't have made sense at the time so they needed a new enemy time. They really aren't too integral to the plot.
Sounds just like the Dream Eaters. :x
(Seriously, I've heard Nomura was even planning to use Nobodies and Heartless again. WHY.)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
They are the negative emotions of Vanitas. I personally believe they can be created by anyone but only strong hearted people can give them physical form. I personally believe Terra's lingering sentiment is in fact an unversed created by his hatred for Xehanort, but in order to gain physical form it had to possess Terra's armor. Being created from Terra's hatred for Xehanort it exist simply to destroy Xehanort, but is an unstable existence and without Terra around to command it, it has stayed hidden at Keyblade Graveyard all these years.

I think Sora's Heartless in Re:Coded is in fact the remant or unversed of Sora's heartless that resided in the Journal as it was unable to take physical form. I think the XH in COM was in fact the remants of XH and it was a type of unversed as well that latched onto Riku, and just like XH it desired to take over Riku and gain a physical form.

I kind of think of Unversed as heart ghost in a way, remants of the heart that do not have any will or desire of their own but simply continue the desires or will of the emotions or memories of the people they originated from. Just like with a ghost, it is very rare and difficult for them to take on a physical form normally. Vanitas' pure dark heart however provided enough strength to make his unversed physical.

This is what I think their name means "Unversed" those not well versed in their own existence. They are simply remants or heart ghost of some form that do not have a will or desire and exist simply to continue their will of the person they were born from and they know nothing else or understand nothing else. Which goes into what Nomura said when he called them the opposite of human life, in that where as what makes us human is our unique wills and desires and personalities, and what drives us, where as unverse lack all of that and are simply exestentions of another being.

I may be drastically over thinking this but that is just my theorizing.

KevVentus

Sounds just like the Dream Eaters. :x
(Seriously, I've heard Nomura was even planning to use Nobodies and Heartless again. WHY.)

Yep. That was my exact support for the post. When it comes down to it, Nomura makes certain decisions for the game rather than the story. Which is fine to a certain extent

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ alexis.anagram

At least the heartless make the most sense to be used over again. Their the only villains in the game that have a legit back-story and it was executed correctly. Not including Dream Eaters(haven't seen how it will play out) or Disney Villians.

Nobodies on the other hand they kind of messed it up with later entries. If they come back I won't mind, but one thing is there needs to be more variety.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
@ alexis.anagram

At least the heartless make the most sense to be used over again. Their the only villains in the game that have a legit back-story and it was executed correctly. Not including Dream Eaters(haven't seen how it will play out) or Disney Villians.

Nobodies on the other hand they kind of messed it up with later entries. If they come back I won't mind, but one thing is there needs to be more variety.
I agree with you on the matter of Heartless. They embody the concept of the games far better than any of the other enemy forms and I miss them. D':

I don't really agree that Nobodies were executed poorly, however. They make sense within the story and I don't completely understand what you mean about "more variety." Between the Emblem and the Pureblood Heartless, most of the enemies are clones or very slight variations upon one another. It also makes more sense for there to be fewer forms of Nobodies as not every Heart lost to darkness produces a Nobody. I do think that they didn't convey well enough in KH2 that even simple Nobodies are meant to be much smarter and stronger than most Heartless, but that was going to be difficult from the start given that Sora had grown in his combat skills so the relative difficulty between KH1 Heartless and KH2 Nobodies was not going to be immediately obvious (on top of that, KH2's battle system was so simple this concept was further impeded). Frankly, I think Nomura could have gotten away with having Nobodies only exist as extremely special and rare, humanoid beings like those in the Organization and kept the Heartless as minor battle fodder in KH2, but it's his game so whatever.

KevVentus

Yeah lesser nobodies really weren't necessary... and I always had trouble distinguishing between them with the Ansem's reports and the "Non Existant Ones"... And they weren't really much different than fighting Heartless sooooo... Although the Heartless in KH2 were pretty forgettable in terms of design and fighting them in my opinion

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Yeah lesser nobodies really weren't necessary... and I always had trouble distinguishing between them with the Ansem's reports and the "Non Existant Ones"... And they weren't really much different than fighting Heartless sooooo... Although the Heartless in KH2 were pretty forgettable in terms of design and fighting them in my opinion

Lesser nobodies had the reaction commands which were actually even more unnecessary than the beings themselves but that did help to distinguish them from heartless.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ alexis.anagram

When I saying more variety I was talking about the nobodies I don't remember how many different forms the nobodies had, but it was far less in number than Heartless in fact it seem to hover somewhere around about 20-25 different forms vs. say KH1 they had some 100 for heartless, but to be fair that's all KH1 had was heartless.

Even if you compared it to KH2 heartless still hovering somewhere over 50 at best.

Didn't really say the executed them poorly either I just said the mystery of the nobodies really got messed up within KH2 and other later entries. Or as you say the idea of them wasn't conveyed correctly.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
@ alexis.anagram

When I saying more variety I was talking about the nobodies I don't remember how many different forms the nobodies had, but it was far less in number than Heartless in fact it seem to hover somewhere around about 20-25 different forms vs. say KH1 they had some 100 for heartless, but to be fair that's all KH1 had was heartless.

Even if you compared it to KH2 heartless still hovering somewhere over 50 at best.

Didn't really say the executed them poorly either I just said the mystery of the nobodies really got messed up within KH2 and other later entries. Or as you say the idea of them wasn't conveyed correctly.
Nobodies had fewer numbers because they are rare beings and didn't show up in the game that much.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well you'd think at how many Heartless there were it would be.................................you know nevermind cause I forget they are only so many pure heartless vs. the other kind so yeah that kind of nip any argument I had in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back