• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Updated: Utada Hikaru may resume activities in Spring 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I know that we should probably be expecting a new pop song as per tradition, but I can't help but wish that we could get another orchestrated song instead. It should be a brand-new song, of course, but you gotta admit that orchestrated Hikari not only sounded brilliant, but was able to perfectly embody a Disney-like feeling while staying completely unique. I'd like the new song to be like that.

Plus, that way, we won't have problems with making up English lyrics or whatever else that bothered Utada Hikaru back then. =w=

Sdog

Awards
She's coming back :'). Somebody pinch me it's too good of news for one night!

(obviously knew she was coming back eventually, just fangirling)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm happy she's returning but I'm not celebrating just yet. She could still decline doing KH3's theme

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm happy she's returning but I'm not celebrating just yet. She could still decline doing KH3's theme

she could, but she's kept a good relationship with nomura so she may accept a request out of respect.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I feel like a minority in thinking the DDD was the best because of how well they blended the orchestral music with the animation flawlessly. It felt more true to KH than the other intros.
It was the best. Honestly if they can't get Utada to come back for a new theme they should just get Shimomura to compose a new orchestral intro song, imo.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Honestly if they can't get Utada to come back for a new theme they should just get Shimomura to compose a new orchestral intro song, imo.

Really, tho. Why not. That'd still be "Kingdom Hearts" enough and I think having someone else sing an intro song just...wouldn't be the same as Utada.
But I'd be fine with a Shimomura-orchestral.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It was the best. Honestly if they can't get Utada to come back for a new theme they should just get Shimomura to compose a new orchestral intro song, imo.

^^^^^^^^^^^^yo this right here

DDD's music was spectacular, as if shimomura is getting better and better with each game. half my hype for 2.8 is to hear those beautiful reorchestrated tracks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^yo this right here

DDD's music was spectacular, as if shimomura is getting better and better with each game. half my hype for 2.8 is to hear those beautiful reorchestrated tracks.

Reorchestrate what? KH3D definitely isn't going to have its music touched. It's similar to BBS where they used real instruments with synthetic ones so they won't do anything but touch them up. We'll probably get new renditions of songs and new songs in BBS 0.2 and Back Cover, but don't expect anything to be reorchestrated.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Reorchestrate what? KH3D definitely isn't going to have its music touched. It's similar to BBS where they used real instruments with synthetic ones so they won't do anything but touch them up. We'll probably get new renditions of songs and new songs in BBS 0.2 and Back Cover, but don't expect anything to be reorchestrated.

whoops haha. i used the wrong word. i meant to listen to it on the big screen instead of confined to those awful little speakers but thanks for correcting me

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I thought Simple and Clean was pretty okay and fitting, the slower non-techno version moreso. Couldn't stand the Sanctuary song TBH, too moany and angsty.
But if her next song is more similar to Simple and Clean then I'll look forward to it.

I don't agree with it being "moany and angsty," but it does sound like it was recorded in one take. Passion was definitely produced much better (why u no add those beautiful backing vocals in Sanctuary, Utada!?). Even "my heart's a battleground" sounded far superior in Passion.

I just wonder, if she does indeed return for KH3, will we get legitimate English/Japanese versions of the same song, or will we get two different songs with the same melody, like we did with the other two(four) tracks...

On another note, let's all rock out to the track which she used the melody for Simple and Clean's chorus!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd be fine with different songs on the same beat. Dunno, as long as it sounds nice, I wouldn't mind...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm also okay with not getting a new Utada song, but a Shimomura one.

Though it would be splendid to get both. :x

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
shimomura produced and sung by hikaru? yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back