• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Utada Hikaru Returns For KH2 Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts vocalist returns for sequel

Bilingual Japanese singer Hikaru Utada returns to sing the theme for Square Enix's sequel collaboration project with Disney.

TOKYO--Square Enix announced today that bilingual Japanese vocalist Hikaru Utada will sing the Kingdom Hearts II theme song, titled "Passion." For the original Kingdom Hearts released in 2002, Utada sang the theme song "Hikari" in two versions, one in English and one in Japanese.

dotclear.gif

"When we were creating the original game, there were a lot of factors that were influenced by Utada-san's theme song. That influence will once again be felt in [our development of] Kingdom Hearts II," commented series director Tetsuya Nomura.

Utada's CD-single release of "Passion" is scheduled for release by Toshiba EMI for sometime this winter, which means that Kingdom Hearts II should be coming out for the PlayStation 2 around the same time. But with today's theme song announcement, Square Enix has also rescheduled the game's release from "2005" to "Winter," meaning that it might not hit stores until next year. More concrete details on the game's release date may be revealed at the Square Enix Party 2005 press event, which takes place tomorrow.

Source: www.gamespot.com

This confirms Utada Hikaru, I think we knew this already, but this is the confirmation. :p

sorixed

Dattebayo!
We know about this thanks for the info though.

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
sorixed said:
We know about this.

*slap*

Be respectful!

Anyway:

Thanks for the info, I wish we could hear a sample of the song, but then again, it might give something away seeing as the song is suppose to kind of be about the story, like the poems.

Doushitemo

kingdom2917 said:
Thats cool that he is coming back.
Utada is a girl. >_>
Anyway, thanks for the official confirmation even though Utada coming back was already known. ^_^

adventchildkiori

kingdom2917 said:
Thats cool that he is coming back.

he? Utada Hakuri is a girl..... unless your talking about someone esle.

-edit-

lol sorry Doushitemo I guess we posted at the same time.

sorixed

Dattebayo!
the muffin man you be respectful they asked if we know about this slap you .

Counterpart

But with today's theme song announcement, Square Enix has also rescheduled the game's release from "2005" to "Winter," meaning that it might not hit stores until next year.

Is this what gamespot is saying or what was said in the announcement?So KHII might not hit shores till Winter 2006 or what?I'm I twisting it all up?They better announce something about the release date cause now me worried:(

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh don't worry about it. Screw release dates. xD ;O Utada Hikaru is a very excellent singer btw, I downloaded some of her other songs. xD o.o

In other news, the square enix party started in japan an hr ago. >>;

NJMIgnatio

OmniKBM said:
yeah that says its coming out mabye next year it is not stupid game stop. Wate I reseved it there!

That is gamespot. Get ready for a stupid question: Has it been confirmed that KHII will recieve a simultaneous release?

Counterpart

NJMIgnatio said:
That is gamespot. Get ready for a stupid question: Has it been confirmed that KHII will recieve a simultaneous release?

Yeah it has been confirmed alittle while back!!!We'll somewhat confirmed...Nomura said it may see simultaneous release but he never actually said YEA.

NJMIgnatio

Counterpart said:
Yeah it has been confirmed alittle while back!!!We'll somewhat confirmed...Nomura said it may see simultaneous release but he never actually said YEA.

Well, if that be the case then KHII will mostly see AMERICAN shelves before 2006.
You already know that they have been working on the English version, so if we don't see a simultaneous release it won't be too far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back