• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas and Riku Replica

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Playing DDD was just so much fun the first time around. Seeing all those characters from the previous games make their appearances again. Perhaps my two favorite antagonists are Vanitas and Riku Replica because they both have their personal taste of hate with one of the protagonists. Anyway what do you think will their roles be in KH3? Both part of New Org. 13 or on their own? Will they ever team up? Who will fight whom? Vanitas versus Sora or Ventus? Riku Replica vs Riku or Lea? I threw Lea in there because Axel did technically use him to kill Zexion and regretted making him do it. Let me know your ideas!

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Funny, you mentioning both Vanitas and Replica.
I remember a while ago making a parallel with them and as you say, their personal hate for one of the protagonists.
What if they're not too different from one another?
I feel that with BbS, we didn't get to understand Vanitas all that well.
So, what if we could apply Replica's motives to Vanitas, and his hatred for Ven was nothing more than jealously for being the "original"?

As for goals, Vanitas "might" become one of the 13 vessels..."might".
As for Replica, I highly doubt we'll ever see him again.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Vanitas has a pretty high probability to be one of the 13 simply because of his golden eyes, the fact that his heart was newly born and that he was "raised" by Xehanort for four years.
Makes a pretty good vessel.

As for Riku Replica, we do not even know if he still exists in some form, so it's questionable if he even appears in KH III at all.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Vanitas! I'm pretty sure he'll play his own game within Xehanort's game if he became a vessel... Just like Xigbar still had his personality and own mind, Vanitas, if he became a vessel, would never lose his sense of self, especially since we know he's extremely proud and selfish. He wouldn't give a munny about Xehanort's plans, he wanted to disobey him before, in BBS, anyway :D He followed Xehanort because he wanted to escape his suffering by becoming the X-blade... That didn't work, so I wonder how Vanitas will act in the future... He must come back in KH3, he already did in DDD ; A ;

As for Repliku, I become sad every single time I think about him... He was so sweet in his own way, craving to be his own person and not just a copy, believing so strongly in his false memories... But he died and I don't know where a Replica's heart goes after death. He himself asked Riku about it... The only place he could still exist in, I suppose, is Jiminy's journal. Perhaps... that's where Data-Sora and Data-Riku still are, and everyone from those Data-worlds, so why not a Data version of Repliku, too? Or perhaps everything there vanished together with Data-Namine after delivering real Namine's message...

One thing is pretty clear... If these two guys return, they will be different. My guess is Vanitas wouldn't necessarily want to oppose someone, and Repliku would mind his own business, both of them wanting to become their own, real Somebodies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only place he could still exist in, I suppose, is Jiminy's journal. Perhaps... that's where Data-Sora and Data-Riku still are, and everyone from those Data-worlds, so why not a Data version of Repliku, too? Or perhaps everything there vanished together with Data-Namine after delivering real Namine's message...

That won't work because the Datascape is based on Jiminy's Journal of the first Kingdom Hearts, meaning it can only hold characters from that period of time as Data-entities.
Data-Naminé and the "Castle Oblivion" in Coded were added later on by the real Naminé, but even if that would not be the case a Data-Naminé and Data-Roxas could still exist because both were born during KH 1 (when Sora stabbed himself).
Riku Replica on the other hand wasn't created until the time of Chain of Memories, which isn't covered in the KH 1 journal and thus not in the Datascape.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
That won't work because the Datascape is based on Jiminy's Journal of the first Kingdom Hearts, meaning it can only hold characters from that period of time as Data-entities.
Data-Naminé and the "Castle Oblivion" in Coded were added later on by the real Naminé, but even if that would not be the case a Data-Naminé and Data-Roxas could still exist because both were born during KH 1 (when Sora stabbed himself).
Riku Replica on the other hand wasn't created until the time of Chain of Memories, which isn't covered in the KH 1 journal and thus not in the Datascape.

Oh, you're right, I completely forgot that after the whole Chain of Memories events, the Journal was left completely blank, save for the message "Thank Namine"...
I think I understand how the Journal worked now. That would mean, Repliku is gone forever..
(still, in this series, ANYTHING can happen and he might be reborn or something, though I doubt that...)

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Yeah I hate to think that Riku Replica actually being dead. I mean we've all seen characters "die" in the series to later be brought to life or in the RoD, but Riku Replica just died. The only thing I can think of is maybe like how Xion was made from Sora's memories and returned to him. Riku replica is made of data and Namine did tinker with his memories. So maybe he goes back to Namine somehow...? I'm not sure...

Anagram

Banned
I would prefer if the Riku Replica stayed gone personally but I think it would be to good a moment to not bring back Vanitas so he and Sora can see each others face. lol

Zegram Shadow

Riku replicas death in chain of memories is one of the saddest deaths in the whole game for me mostly. The fact he realizes he is the fake and his desire to be more than someone else's shadow and be his own person and not just a reflection is a fight worth fighting for. When the battles over nd he begins to fade and monologue about what will become of him or where he'll go, when Riku informs him that his heart will go to the same place his will eventually go was both inspirational and sad.

" A faithful replica to the end."

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, you're right, I completely forgot that after the whole Chain of Memories events, the Journal was left completely blank, save for the message "Thank Namine"...
I think I understand how the Journal worked now. That would mean, Repliku is gone forever..
(still, in this series, ANYTHING can happen and he might be reborn or something, though I doubt that...)

That, and the events of Chain of Memories itself were never properly recorded in the journal, so there is nothing to digitalize.
In Re: Coded Jiminy also explicitly speaks about only two volumes of the journals, detailing the events of KH 1 and 2 respectively.

It depends on what happened to Repliku's heart in the end, but yes, with our current level of information from both the games and supplementary material (Ultimanias and creator-interviews), Repliku is a goner.

Yeah I hate to think that Riku Replica actually being dead. I mean we've all seen characters "die" in the series to later be brought to life or in the RoD, but Riku Replica just died. The only thing I can think of is maybe like how Xion was made from Sora's memories and returned to him. Riku replica is made of data and Namine did tinker with his memories. So maybe he goes back to Namine somehow...? I'm not sure...

Which characters exactly did we see "die" throughout the series?
Of original characters the only examples coming to mind are indeed the Repliku and (possibly) Eraqus.
However, as stated in the Secret Ansem Reports of KH 2, "death" is something that happens when the soul and body get separated/the soul runs out of energy, resulting in the end of one's physical existence.
The heart however is unaffected by this and their ultimate destination seems to go back to Kingdom Hearts and sleep there forever, as the games are vague about this however this is just speculation/fan interpretation.
Some hearts are elsewhere though (like Roxas, Xion and Ventus inside Sora's heart, Eraqus in Terra's and Naminé's in Kairi's), and thus if they can be awakened again and given a new physical vessel (except Ven, he already has a body to return to), they can return.

Knowing this leads to the statement from above regarding the whereabouts of Repliku's heart.
If there is any chance for Repliku's return at all, it would be needed to locate and then wake up his heart before giving him a new physical vessel.
Since no one knows where it is though, it might be like searching a needle in a haystack and give the question if such a great effort would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back