• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas and Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abysmal

Alrighty, so I understand that Vanitas is essentially a black-haired Sora, created from the darkness in Ven's heart. But this doesn't explain why Vanitas and Riku are so similar. Maybe I didn't watch a certain cutscene or something, but I still don't understand why Riku's dark form outfit looks almost identical to Vanitas' attire, and why they have the same battle stance. Is there a reason behind their similarities, or are they just some misleading characteristics that Nomura used to throw us off?

Viku

I just think the whole thing with imitating Riku's pose was more as a reference from THE PLAYER. Just for make you go "Hey that's Riku's Fighting pose!!". I think it's just like Aqua being the one giving charms (reference to Kairi) or her getting Destiny Place.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Another mystery to ponder till the next game? I think it was noted that there was some sort of connection, but I have yet to really see one... Unless you go from XH to MX to Vanitas as a connection to Riku... but that really doesn't give much explanation at all. Who knows?

Z

Zulkir

There are a few explanations here.

1) Since Sora was often fighting with Riku with wooden swords, Vanitas adopted what would become Riku's fighting style.

2) That fighting style is simply the generic one amongst darkness users.

YouTube -
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Emass

I just think the whole thing with imitating Riku's pose was more as a reference from THE PLAYER. Just for make you go "Hey that's Riku's Fighting pose!!". I think it's just like Aqua being the one giving charms (reference to Kairi) or her getting Destiny Place.

Nope. Nomura def said that there was a reason behind the connection between Vanitas and Riku. He said to look at every little detail of the game cause it all has meaning to it. I'm def sure that there's some unexplained connection between Kairi's charm and the ones that TAV have too.

It kinda ticks me off when he says there's a reason behind stuff but leaves us in the dark about it though. It's too much of a tease. lol.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
all i can say is that Nomura said that Riku didn't get those clothes and fighting stance by accident, don't know what that means and don't know which interview it's from, so don't ask
but probably from a recent one but not too recent

Emass

all i can say is that Nomura said that Riku didn't get those clothes and fighting stance by accident, don't know what that means and don't know which interview it's from, so don't ask
but probably from a recent one but not too recent

I think he said in the interview that they were putting the final touches on the last episode of Coded, but it'd be finished by the time the interview was published. Knowing how interviews go, I'd say it was probably within the last 3-4 weeks.

Z

Zulkir

Yes, there is an interview saying Riku didn't get those clothes by accident.

I'm looking through heartstation and I can't seem to find it, there must be another archive somewhere.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It seems to be a favored pose among darkness users since MX uses a similar pose.

Emass

There was a link to it on the KHInsider home page a few days ago.

Awards
Master Xehanort created Vanitas. Then Xehanort posessed Riku giving him a similar suit, a similar weapon, and new abilities. That's the only connection Riku and Vanitas have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back