• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

vanitas. how the..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
ok we know vanitas lks like a black haired sora. question =

why the fuck does vanitas connect EVERYTHING to riku?
sora doesnt have the soul eater look alike keyblade
sora doesnt have a suit that looks like vanitas and riku's
sora doesnt have the personality of riku or vanitas. both their personalities r almost same. difference here is vanitas is more of a psychopath
riku and vanitas put their hand out to ven/sora in both openings.

so what gives? was this to throw it off? this sucks. i was expecting vanitas to look like riku. enough of these fucking sora clones. i mean vanitas is a psycho bad ass but its his appearence that pisses me off. i wish he looked like riku or a mixture of both or something connected to riku. they are connected in each and every way! the only thing sora and vanitas hav is the same VA's. thats all

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I know what you mean. This whole mess will hopefully be sorted out in the BBS Ultimania that is supposed to be coming out soon.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I don't really remember whether it was or wasn't. We would most likely know by now if it was talked about in the game though, wouldn't we?

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
About what?
Vanitas looks like Sora cause he was feeding off of his darkness as well as Vens.
The fighting Style may just be common thing.
Maybe your answer lies in darkness.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

sora doesnt have the personality of riku or vanitas. both their personalities r almost same. difference here is vanitas is more of a psychopath

so what gives? was this to throw it off? this sucks. i was expecting vanitas to look like riku. enough of these fucking sora clones. i mean vanitas is a psycho bad ass but its his appearence that pisses me off. i wish he looked like riku or a mixture of both or something connected to riku. they are connected in each and every way! the only thing sora and vanitas hav is the same VA's. thats all

Actually, I'm GLAD it wasn't a Riku look a like. Too predictable.

Anyways, it's possible that the suits are manifestations of embracing darkness as a weapon. Actually, there's a lot of possible answers. Just wait till Ultimania for an official answer.

Trust me, I'm just as curious (though far less furious) as you are. ;D

xXRepaXx

umm wouls someone mind showing me the video that shows Vantis revealing his face please??

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

Haha, I honestly think that Nomura gave him all of Riku's traits just to fuck with us. However, I think there's another reason behind it. Xehanort's Heartless was created from Master Xehanort's heart. Therefore, when he possessed Riku, Riku's dark mode was subconciously based off of Vanitas's dark mode.

As for everything besides the outfit, however, Nomura wanted to mislead us I think.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
Vanitas was created from Ven's darkness, which is why he looked like that in the blanket, he was in a coma state. He then asked Sora if he could use some of his darkness, which he agrees. Since Ven becomes Ven again, Vanitas begins to absorb some of Sora's Darkness as well giving him the appearance of a black haired golden eyed Sora.

Sadie808

@xXRepaXx
2iaze45.jpg

Samhain

Bronze Member
Vanitas was created from Ven's darkness, which is why he looked like that in the blanket, he was in a coma state. He then asked Sora if he could use some of his darkness, which he agrees. Since Ven becomes Ven again, Vanitas begins to absorb some of Sora's Darkness as well giving him the appearance of a black haired golden eyed Sora.
thank you captain obvious

lol

my question was to ask why does vanitas have every connection towards riku? how did he get this ablity? why does vanitas have the same stance as riku? those r the only 2 that have the same stance!

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Technically, Vanitas hsouldn't have had an appearance until Ven met up with Sora. The only reaosn he looks like Sora is because Ven connected his heart to Sora's to make him stable, and Vanitas is half of Ven, therefore connected to that heart. He was a blank slate before hand, which, when put in perspective, could make it easier to connect him to Riku or someone else.

Hence; suit, battle stance, generally evil jerkiness. How does he connect to Riku though? We know that Riku had his darkness, including the suit and Soul Eater, inside of him prior to KH1. Battle stance makes things a little more confusing though.

i think it was the influence of the Xehanorts that made the two have so much in comen. Vanitas was basically a new born & MX had to teach him and Ansem SoD maybe subconsciously based riku the same way.

Talys Alankil

Haha, I honestly think that Nomura gave him all of Riku's traits just to fuck with us. However, I think there's another reason behind it. Xehanort's Heartless was created from Master Xehanort's heart. Therefore, when he possessed Riku, Riku's dark mode was subconciously based off of Vanitas's dark mode.

As for everything besides the outfit, however, Nomura wanted to mislead us I think.
^This. Like Nomura did with Xion looking like Kairi and ending up having no connection with Kairi (other than Sora). Now, as he did for Xion, Nomura might come with an explanation for this resemblance, but I think the design was initially to make us speculate the wrong way.

Alex999

^This. Like Nomura did with Xion looking like Kairi and ending up having no connection with Kairi (other than Sora). Now, as he did for Xion, Nomura might come with an explanation for this resemblance, but I think the design was initially to make us speculate the wrong way.

i agree with this, obviously the design was to throw us off, of course theres an explanation too.

im saying instead of asking what does vanitas have in common with riku. what does riku have in common with vanitas, chronologically vanitas had the suit first.

so like a few people have already said. with this in mind seeing as how mx created him and ansem sod gave riku his dark powers that this is where their similarities come from.

cant explain the keyblade with the eye though. thats between terra, riku, and vanitas.

.:Mega:.

Awards
The funny thing is... people speculated that his voice was Miyu immediately after the first trailer with him speaking appeared. People still violently objected to Miyu being his seiyuu, though, despite the clear evidence presented.

For me? Finding out this was right and that he wasn't tied to Riku... was very satisfying. Plus that would have been lame.

Anyway, I'm sure Nomura was just throwing people off. Furthermore, it might just be a darkness thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back