• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas' purpose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

naturemage2

After watching many trailers, something intrigued me about Vanitas.

here are some data I've seen about him

-he is voiced by sora's Va
-his name in latin is referred to as a vessel or nothingness
- he is infused with darkness
-master xehanort wishes for Ventus to use his power (i'm assuming light) to correct his mistake
- he says from a translation that the existence of terra will be no more.
- he wants to make Ventus stronger (from the latest trailer not yet release)

in a video (not sure how accurate translation are)
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Festa Jump 2010!

master xehanort wants terra to destroy vanitas

Basing on all this, Could vanitas be failed replica of master Xehanort?

And as a Replica could it not be suggested that since xehanort wants ventus and terra to correct his mistake. could it really mean to become one with vanitas.

another quote from Master xehanort
-Cross the wall between light and darkness to my origin.

It makes me think vanitas is a experimentation to create like a perfected keyblade user with both aspect of darkness and light , ie. absorb terra and ventus.

Talys Alankil

I doubt Nomura would do the mistake of making another mysterious new character a replica, like Xion, if that's what you mean.

ChickenWinner

Always thought Vanitas was the strongest Unversed.
I'm thinking that the Unversed are the darkness trying to take form, feeding of the anger, doubt, or fear of mens getting close to its core. And maybe Ven faced darkness in its depths but could resist it, cause he's a keyblade wielder and/or very pure. And the Unversed that resulted was Vanitas.
Then, Vanitas would be blinded by darkness and trying to get more power from Ven's heart.

huanglulu

I was thinking that since master xenohart say cross the light and darkness to my origin does it mean he holds the power of light and darkness just like Riku. I was thinking what if master xenohart did something to cause his light and darkness to form a new being of their own and vanitas is that being form from his darkness.

Sora's Guardian

I was thinking that since master xenohart say cross the light and darkness to my origin does it mean he holds the power of light and darkness just like Riku. I was thinking what if master xenohart did something to cause his light and darkness to form a new being of their own and vanitas is that being form from his darkness.

I thought the "origin" is where the whole scene of TAV fighting MX and Vanitas was, the place between light and darkness?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I thought the "origin" is where the whole scene of TAV fighting MX and Vanitas was, the place between light and darkness?

It could be a double entendre. And, it would show that the KH team has finally improved its writing abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back