• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaialone

Problem is that we still dont know the rue nature of heartless.We know that theyre basicly lost hearts wrapped in darkness ,yet we dont know why purebloods dont release hearts and why emblems do.And we dont know how the heartless producing machine worked (do you trow humans in and they get turned into heartless?Or do you throw artificial hearts in and they get wrapped up in darkness?) And we dont know if the hearts of heartless lack light or if the light is just "supressed" by the dark (remember a small bit of light remains in the dark) of course it could be that we know all that and im just being a n00b >.>

Z

Zulkir

You're right, there are many unanswered questions about the heartless themselves.

I've always had this impression, there are 3 types of heartless.

1) Natural Pureblood: The first kind, always existed, born out of the realm of darkness, they are actually "heartless" like Nobodies. They are nothing but darkness made real, that's all. They were summoned by MX to fight Ven in BBS>

2) New Pureblood: Produced when one gives into the darkness in his-her heart, the heart collapses into the realm of darkness, and the darkness within the heart manifests as a pureblood. Slaying the heartless does nothing, the heart must overcome its own darkness to return to light.

3) People-Emblem- Produced when an emblem attacks a human, the human's heart becomes encased in darkness, slaying the heartless frees the heart. This is actually seen in KH1.

4) Manufactory-Emblem-Produced by the Heartless Manufactory, I don't know how the Heartless Manufactory works.

The only thing I have unanswered is that what happens when a pureblood attacks a human, do they end up as pureblood?

Awards
1) Natural Pureblood: The first kind, always existed, born out of the realm of darkness, they are actually "heartless" like Nobodies. They are nothing but darkness made real, that's all. They were summoned by MX to fight Ven in BBS>

2) New Pureblood: Produced when one gives into the darkness in his-her heart, the heart collapses into the realm of darkness, and the darkness within the heart manifests as a pureblood. Slaying the heartless does nothing, the heart must overcome its own darkness to return to light.

3) People-Emblem- Produced when an emblem attacks a human, the human's heart becomes encased in darkness, slaying the heartless frees the heart. This is actually seen in KH1.

4) Manufactory-Emblem-Produced by the Heartless Manufactory, I don't know how the Heartless Manufactory works.

The only thing I have unanswered is that what happens when a pureblood attacks a human, do they end up as pureblood?

Basically, I agree. There are two types of Heartless, Pureblood and Emblem, as we know, and those two types can be, in turn, born two separate ways.

For Purebloods, they are either born naturally in the realm of darkness or through the darkness affecting an individual in the realm of light/twilight. In the former case, my guess is that they are created from the darkness of the hearts that resonate with KH (even if KH itself is light, that is not to say it does not have darkness since it is, after all, surrounded by the stuff, and it certainly didn't get there out of nowhere).

For Emblems, they too can be born through the darkness affecting an individual like the Purebloods, or they can be created artificially via the Heartless Manufactory essentially infusing darkness into hearts.

Given that both can be created by the darkness affecting individual's heart, it's hard to say what makes an individual become an Emblem Heartless or what makes them become a Pureblood Heartless. I always thought that they'd become an Emblem Heartless if they're attacked and consumed by an outside source of darkness (be it an Emblem/Pureblood, or some other dark creature), while Purebloods, in the case of an individual, are made when they are consumed by their own internal darkness. Hence, it keeps in line with the concept that, no matter what, Emblem Heartless are unnatural (either created in a factory or forcibly in an individual who wouldn't normally have been consumed by darkness) and Purebloods are natural (either existing alongside KH in the dark realm or being born from the heart of an individual that has plunged themselves in their own darkness).

With that in mind, I think that the consequences of Xehanort's experiment allowed Heartless to proliferate.
Originally, when there were only Purebloods, my guess is that they were largely confined to the Dark Realm. By not only introducing them to the realm of light, but also creating the Emblem Heartless, Xehanort altered the very nature of the darkness of the Heartless. It became parasitic. Whereas before, the darkness could only be isolated in individual cases, now it can spread. Heartless can create more Heartless, and are consuming the realm of light.

I know what some of you may be thinking: Why, then, did Sora become a Shadow?
First of all, the Dark Keyblade unlocked the darkness of his own heart. It wasn't an external darkness that consumed him, it was his own. Hence, he became a pureblood.
And naturally, since the strength of the heartless is not based on the strength of the heart (like a Nobody is) but the strength of its darkness, Sora produced a weak Pureblood, having little darkness in his heart.

Lastly, as for why Purebloods don't release hearts while Emblems do, that too, I believe, is dependent on the process of their creation.
For Purebloods, since the darkness is coming from the inside going out, it quite literally eats away at the heart. In other words, the heart is destroyed (and we know a heart can be destroyed, as we see with Vanitas), and there is no heart to liberate.
For Emblems, the darkness originates from the outside, but it doesn't go in... per se. Visualize it more as surrounding, consuming the heart from the outside.

To provide some imagery, if the heart is an egg, and yolk is the darkness, the only way the darkness is coming out to create a Pureblood is through cracking the shell.
For emblems, the yolk of darkness (lol) comes from another source. While it may be attracted to the yolk of darkness inside the egg, the only thing this external yolk really does is douse the outside of the egg. It need not be cracked.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
a heart of pure darkness?
a heartless is jsut a heart covered in darkness. the heart should still hold light.

Samhain

Bronze Member
really confused now lol :l
You're right, there are many unanswered questions about the heartless themselves.

I've always had this impression, there are 3 types of heartless.

100% right and agree
yes. remember what xehanort wrote in his reports?

he said he had shadows down in the basement. shadows are pureblood heartless and then he said that the shadow heartless attacked a human being and they turned into shadows and they multiplied so basically

new pureblood heartless: made by xehanort in the realm of light. you become a pureblood heartless when your heart "collapses" and darkness takes over the light. when u release your heart you basically turn into a pureblood heartless. shadow, darkball, etc. releasing your heart and giving up your heart on purpose is the same thing. thats why xehanort and the other apprentices made pureblood heartless and not emblems.

u also become a pureblood heartless if your heart is stolen by the pureblood heartless. u become a pureblood yourself.

artificial heartless: made by xehanort after the pureblood were born. only way u become an artificial heartless is if your heart is stolen by another artificial heartless.

and the other way is made by machine.

so thats on the heartless.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
wait i though he was an unversed when did he ecome grandadey heartless

Samhain

Bronze Member
wait i though he was an unversed when did he ecome grandadey heartless
its just a thought.

we have no clue what vanitas is. he is not an unverse though. i can tell you that.

it's just hard to decipher on what he is. it makes sense on him being a heartless and stuff.

and nomura is a dunderhead at the heartless subject i refuse to believe what he wrote in his interview when they asked him why they were heartless in BBS. silly response.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i would say a heartless would have no real body, maybe stay in humanoid form, but it would be made of darkness. while the heart is still in tact.

vantias has a boudy though and a soul, and his heart's made of darkness

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
there's no real label for him imo.

Really? We call him Vanitas, don't we?
He's made of Darkness, he is darkness. He is darkness extracted from Ven's heart, taken life. Not Whole, Not a Heartless, not a Nobody, not an Unversed. He is Unique. He is Vanitas.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Really? We call him Vanitas, don't we?
He's made of Darkness, he is darkness. He is darkness extracted from Ven's heart, taken life. Not Whole, Not a Heartless, not a Nobody, not an Unversed. He is Unique. He is Vanitas.
Label=/= Name

anyways, we dotn know if he's literally made of darkness, just that his heart is. it's possible he is doing the same thing as sora did

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
..if vanitas is a heart of pure darkness wouldn't that make him a heartless?

So technically Vanitas is the first heartless to appear in the Realm of Light then right?
seeing how heartless were only in the realm of darkness prior to vanitas and xehanort apprentice's experiments

Hmm...nice theory you've stumbled across. In a sense, Vanitas could be considered a Hearatless. After all, he's the darkness from Ven's heart. He doesn't have a real body; his drenched heart simply gives him a physical form, like Xehanort's Heartless or any of the other Heartless.

Awards
Thinking about it, perhaps Vanitas is in the same condition Sora was in after he was restored (and before he merged with Roxas).
Both are existences of the heart alone, yet they aren't heartless either.

But Sora had to be restored by Kairi's light first.
It makes you wonder how Vanitas could be in that condition in the first place.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Thinking about it, perhaps Vanitas is in the same condition Sora was in after he was restored (and before he merged with Roxas).
Both are existences of the heart alone, yet they aren't heartless either.
yeah but then you have to add in xehanorts heartless in the picture.

sure xehanorts heartless was an existence of a heart and didnt go through a transformation of a normal heartless but he was a heartless yet he was an existence of a heart. the same with sora. he was also a heartless during KH1 > beginning of kh2.

"existence of a heart" and heartless r basically almost the same thing.
xehanorts heartless was both and so was sora.

but yeah this is confusing, lol.
it makes sense if vanitas was an unverse cause he made them but then again it makes sense for vanitas being a heartless since he is a heart just with darkness but can heartless really wield keyblades though? thats just 1 prob with the whole vanitas = heartless

Gram

Banned
Awards
well sora weilded a keyblade when he was incomplete.

like u said
existence of a heart" and heartless r basically almost the same thing.
xehanorts heartless was both and so was sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back