• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus a dreameater?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xking

Ok when i first lookd at this i didnt recognize the emblem closley but yea it turns out its a nightmare symbol on ventus helmet

DreamEaters.png

ROSVentus.png

So does that mean that sumthin happend to ventus for this to happen or does it has sumthin to do with Sora since ven was in his heart, did master xehanort, Ansem SoD, or YMX do this to him :confused:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Before jumping to conclusions we should evaluate some possibilities.

What do we see here?
A blackened version of Ventus's armor with the Nightmare-Dream Eater symbol.

Now that doesn't have to mean this is Ventus himself, but it is nonetheless plainly obvious that it has something to do with him.

As we don't really know what happened to his heart during all those years, how deep its injuries still are and what all the crap happening (like Sora stabbing himself in KH 1 with the dark keyblade and Roxas using his heart) did have for effects on him, we can't say anything definitive.

I do have the assumptions though that this is somehow related to Ven's pain and torment.
It is maybe a manifestation of all his pain formed into a humanoid looking Dream Eater.
As we know Nightmare Dream Eaters plant nightmares and feed on good dreams...this might mean that this Dream Eater is haunting (or more bluntly, constantly mind raping) Ventus with bad dreams increasing his suffering, which may in turn also affect Sora due to how closely they are connected with their hearts.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I'd like to imagine that this is the LS of DDD... because mind you Vanitas LS had the Unversed symbol on his helmet

Xking

I'd like to imagine that this is the LS of DDD... because mind you Vanitas LS had the Unversed symbol on his helmet

Hmm true so this might be the 1st ventus LS of DDD but i wonder what caused this tho cause it like most LS sumthin always has to have happen when it came to the body or the mind of the Original

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
You beat it in a boss battle and becomes a friendly dream eater and can become part of your party like all the other dream eaters... That is what i want

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No Ventus armor, not Vanitas cause Vanitas only has a round Biker like Helmet

Beside that, Vanitas would have an Unversed-emblem, not the Nightmare Dream Eater-symbol.

I doubt it'll be just a optional superboss though, I think it will have some story relevance.

Crystal

Silver Member
Another Lingering Sentiment? xD
Maybe he is related to Ventus or Sora?

Grey

If it's a Lingering Sentiment, then it's definitely story-related. (Maybe it's a final boss?) It's in the trailer, so it wouldn't be a secret boss.

I'm willing to bet this will make more sense when we know for sure what Dream Eaters and Nightmares are. I would not be surprised if they were, like the Unversed, spawned from hearts--perhaps from the sleeping hearts. The normal sleeping hearts generate Dream Eaters, while the sleeping hearts that are hurting generate the nightmares.

That would explain why there's a nightmare that appears as Ven's armor, darkened.

Absolute

It could be a Dream eater that takes the shape of his armor and atatcks Sora, or a representation of Ven or the data inside Sora.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i though that since vantas physical body was destroyed he just took over ventus
or mabey its a ventus sentinet to fight later

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Maybe a Nightmare is possessing the Dream World version of Ven's armor.
Or Ven's armor is actually there and a Nightmare is possessing it.

Absolute

I'd like to know where Ven's original armor is too, shown immediately before the Dream Eater emblem version. It looks like someone is in both armors.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd like to know where Ven's original armor is too, shown immediately before the Dream Eater emblem version. It looks like someone is in both armors.

Ventus's original armor is lying on Sora's awakening platform, the one Roxas visited in KH2:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

=>
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you look closely, you'll see that Ven lies on Sora's glove, above the silver round patch can be seen, the white is the glove itself while the brown/amber color is the beginning of Sora's fingers holding the Kingdom Key.

---
Like I said in my first post, I still believe this black thing is somehow related to Ven's torment and pain, maybe a manifestation of it that will be fought at some time during the story.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
THat's very astute of you. Nice catch.
So the Room of Sleep isn't a hallway to the Realm of Seep?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
THat's very astute of you. Nice catch.
So the Room of Sleep isn't a hallway to the Realm of Seep?

Thanks.

I don't know what you mean with "Room of sleep" though.
If you're speaking of the chambers (of Repose, houses Aqua's armor in Radiant Garden) or (of Waking, houses Ven's comatose body and soul), we don't exactly know yet what these chambers actually are there for.

The only things we do know is that Aqua created the chamber of Waking out of her desire to protect Ventus, while the chamber of Repose was constructed by Xemnas (who knows how he got the layout that similar) in order to regain more of Terra's and MX's memories.

Nomura said something about the mysteries of the chambers being addressed sometime later though.
Somehow I also don't know how you came from Ven's armor now to the chambers, lol.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
My mind s all over.
And ye, I meant the Chamberof Repose. IT was created by Xemnas to regain sleeping memories. Aparently it succeeded somewhat.
I was wondering about a naturally ocuring CoR. Think one of those exist?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, I see, lol.
This is slowly going off-topic but whatever.
That's what we are know so far about the CoR since Nomura's fondness of leaving things unexplained for later use, yep. *ggg*
We don't exactly know how much of Terra's and MX's memories Xemnas regained and if he was influenced by one of them more than the other (although I personally think more on the side of MX-influence, looking at his crimes and megalomaniac nonsense) or even had a total own agenda for himself only using both sets of memories to his advantage.

A naturally occuring chamber of repose? How would that actually be possible? And for what purpose?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
We've seen how they are physically stripped from Terra and Aqua, but I'm wondering why the armor and Ventus are separated in the first place. Aqua's magic sent her set into the RoL, and Terra's "mind" bound his armor back together. Ven's armor ends up following his heart into Sora's - is this a defense mechanism?

As for the possibility of Ven being a dreameater, I don't think we should categorize him as such just yet. Vanitas could imbue Unversed and had the symbol on his sentiment, but he was just the darkness (not negativity) extracted from Ven's heart, not an Unversed himself.

We don't exactly know how much of Terra's and MX's memories Xemnas regained and if he was influenced by one of them more than the other (although I personally think more on the side of MX-influence, looking at his crimes and megalomaniac nonsense) or even had a total own agenda for himself only using both sets of memories to his advantage.

To stray a bit off-topic with you guys. If Eraqus did indeed take refuge in Terra's heart, then there would be a possibility of Xemnas having access to his sacred knowledge, that which he taught Aqua, thus allowing Xemnas to mimic a chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back