• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kk_s

vensotw.png

New tag for SOTW at another forum

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Oh damn, this is pretty hot. Only thing I'm not really digging is the stuff on his left arm/hand. Other than that, I love it.

Also, what's the name of the font you used? o:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think the pink doesn't fit at all with not only ventus himself, but the compo you have goin on. Maybe something more of the gold shades might work better.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Like Cudi, remove the thing on the hand, and I would change the pink to red. This piece has inspired me too also, I like this style quite a bit. Good piece!!

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I like the pink better to be honest.

But the render you used is a bit LQ seeing as the outline is VERY evident. Also, sharpening the FG and slightly blurring his right arm = depth.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i sorta find his head weird because of the pink covering it both sides,making it look like he has no neck
and the pink one is better

jade31891

I like the pink better to be honest.

But the render you used is a bit LQ seeing as the outline is VERY evident. Also, sharpening the FG and slightly blurring his right arm = depth.

The line is caused by sharpening. People here seem to have a sharpening craze :p There are other ways to bring your subject into focus other than sharpening guys. Srs.

Can we all just realise our opinions are just that and not give such unmotivating cnc? :c

There's no right or wrong way. Just because you have a personal preference, doesn't make your way any more or less correct.

I love the original personally. I think the colours work better in that version than in the yellow. I do think it looks over sharpened the second time I look at it however. I'm personally not a fan of super sharp tags, but I know a lot of other people are so it's up to you to play with that. If you do however, when my tags or pieces become too sharp I find that slight airbrushing on the edges of my focal help keep the focus sharp, while keeping the edges soft.

Last edited:

Kk_s

The stock isn't LQ it was just crappy cutting of one of the textures I used but it's fixed now. I did what you suggest Jade, I think it helped :D I also blurred the arm in the back and sharpen some of the foreground.

vensotw.png

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Yeah, the pink is much better. It's good, but i think some rethinking of certain effects is needed. For example, with the text and circles you're used i actually think the tag would benefit from a much simpler background, maybe with a very subtle texture, possibly like the one i used in the SotW 160 'poster'. I wouldn't blur things in this instance because the effects are pretty flat and the stock has a pretty flat feel to it too, i'd play on that. Not everything needs depth, sometimes you need to do the opposite and go with the natural balance.

In summary i'd suggest a flat, simple background and sharpen that poop up teeheehee. I'd actually quite like to play around with it if you don't mind sharing the psd. I understand if you don't want to though :)

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
vensotweditcropped.png

needed to make it brighter and tone down his orange skin. but yeah, you get the idea, haha.

that was so tough D:

Kk_s

Ooooh that's amazing :O

Send me the .psd I want to see what you did! Oh I'm wearing that btw :D

Kk_s

Sooo I do have a question, how did you do the..dissolving effect on the black orbs and such :O

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
That's a displacement filter. I just used random psd's of mine and erased ugly bits until something looked nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back