• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus's eyes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALittleNerd

In the new 0.2 opening (it's great by the way) there's a particular part I wanted to point out and that's the fight scene concerning Ventus while he's being possessed by Vanitas. His eyes are still blue, their normal color, but shouldn't they be yellow like Terra's? Why the change? Plot? Artistic license? Or just a mistake?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm curious as well, but I heavily doubt that it's just a mistake. The eyes are way too important for the story for them to just make such a mistake.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I doubt it's a mistake, there's probably a reason. Maybe it has something to do with it being Aqua's imagination/hallucination or whatever in the RoD? Or maybe foreshadowing for something, who knows.

Alecs27

I think that was a mistake, just like the Roxas' rings that Ventus had in BbS opening.

Spectre_Dia

I find the blue eyes unsettling to be quite honest, it makes him look colder then usual. Though I do think it is merely the effects of the realm of darkness unless it's foreshadowing something dark.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Um, could someone explain me what artistic license is?

Lord Sora

Awards
And if not, I'm sure we will figure that out in the game itself. It's 100% not an error though, I'd be getting a message from hell if I made such a huge error. Eye colors are a big thing in Kingdom Hearts after all. For now I'm going for the symbolism that Ventus has been freed from Vanitas' grasp while Terra's not (from Xehanort). Who knows.

Dodi Dream

Maybe it's because he won't be part of the new organization?
I don't know, but I'm very curious to know the reason

Zul

Awards
He also doesn't have the metal jawpiece in BBS, but has it in the 0.2 opening.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
He also doesn't have the metal jawpiece in BBS, but has it in the 0.2 opening.

Here is the winner, this minor detail is definitely to show that Ventus isn't under Xehanorts control, the distinction is made by featuring Vantias's jawpiece rather than the Yellow eyes that we know Ventus has whilst under his control. I think Terra is going to be a SoD for at least the beginning of the final showdown, hell he might even be on both sides for all we know. I can't fucking wait for 2.8 now though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The most simple explanation is that this particular "Ventus-Vanitas" during this opening symbolizes that unlike Terra-Xehanort, the possession was never fully complete.
Ventus was fighting against Vanitas on the inside but that couldn't be actually depicted in the opening, so they mashed both Vanitas- and Ventus-pieces together to show that this "hybrid"-being was always contested over.

The blue eyes and blond hair symbolize Ventus, the bodysuit, metal jaw piece and the black eyebrows symbolize Vanitas.
Seriously, you can see it plainly in Muke's signature that Ventus-Vanitas' eyebrows are black, something he also didn't had in BBS proper when Aqua fought him as her final boss.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The most simple explanation is that this particular "Ventus-Vanitas" during this opening symbolizes that unlike Terra-Xehanort, the possession was never fully complete.
Ventus was fighting against Vanitas on the inside but that couldn't be actually depicted in the opening, so they mashed both Vanitas- and Ventus-pieces together to show that this "hybrid"-being was always contested over.

The blue eyes and blond hair symbolize Ventus, the bodysuit, metal jaw piece and the black eyebrows symbolize Vanitas.
Seriously, you can see it plainly in Muke's signature that Ventus-Vanitas' eyebrows are black, something he also didn't had in BBS proper when Aqua fought him as her final boss.
Whoa, I never noticed the black eyebrows!
I am supporting this theory/speculation because it really sounds the most logical.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I guess the "inner conflict that can't be shown otherswise" thing makes the most sense so far. I like the idea.

ALittleNerd

Wow you're right, I hadn't noticed the black eyebrows. Well that supports the theory that it really was intentional, with such a discrete detail be Vanitas's signature color. But I will say the symbolism here's a bit odd. They could have had one eye be blue and the other yellow, or maybe just have slight amounts of yellow around the iris. But then again, having such symbolism there seemed a little unnecessary.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow you're right, I hadn't noticed the black eyebrows. Well that supports the theory that it really was intentional, with such a discrete detail be Vanitas's signature color. But I will say the symbolism here's a bit odd. They could have had one eye be blue and the other yellow, or maybe just have slight amounts of yellow around the iris. But then again, having such symbolism there seemed a little unnecessary.

Yeah, some times we shouldn't think too hard about these things.
And I think giving Ven heterochromia would've just confused people even more.

Zul

Awards

The eyebrows look the same as Ven's in the trailer to me.

It's that small bit when you see Ven and Terra "turning away" after falling into the water/upside down.

Xh6gl6O.png

I don't think Ven-nitas's looks any more black than Ventus's there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back