• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Verizon Droid..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
So, I'm probably getting one soon. I've got a few questions, since my mom can't afford to buy yet ANOTHER data package. My parents got divorced recently so I'll be switching to my mom's phone plan. A few random questions:

Can I feed off of some other internet if I don't have a data package, ie. wifi?
Can it do that thing I saw in the commercials a long time and become a wifi hotspot? So I could like, feed off of my mom's internet on hers whenever I'm around her?

Yeah, those are pretty much it.

Pianoajd2

I can answer a few of your questions.

I believe Verizon requires you to have a data plan. They are $15 and $30, one for a 150MB and the other, unlimited.

If you are on a Wifi connection, the data you download doesn't add MBs to your MB cap. The answer to your first question is you can feed of wifi, but you HAVE to have a data plan.

Your second question is a little obscure. Verizon allows smart phones to become wireless routers using their 3G connections for an additional fee. Basically, yes, your phone can become a wifi hotspot. I'm not sure what the other question is asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back