• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Version 1.02 Patch released for KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage- has just received its Version 1.02 update, addressing a number of gameplay concerns based on player feedback. The patch notes are listed below.

Operation related:

Reflect (guard) response adjusted
Response time of cartwheel adjusted
Cancel timing adjusted after barrier cracker (counter)
MP consumption adjusted

UI related:

Camera speed adjusted
Response of shortcut button adjusted
Changed display of magic commands

System related:

Proud mode adjusted (decreased amount of damage from enemies)
Critical mode adjusted (increased amount of damage to enemies)

Enemy related:

Adjusted parameters of enemy AI

Hirokey123

Awards
Er that's not entirely correct other places are reporting, with screenshots of the patch notes no less, that for critical mode they've increased the damage players deal to enemies not the damage enemies deal to players.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Dude. We get it, you want your KH to be perfect. Let's just agree to disagree already because this back and forth really isn't helping.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm hoping the tweaks to Proud are very slight, the difficulty of it really fits so well. My only issue was that the HUD didn't quite fit my screen, an issue I've seen a bit around the internet. I believe Final Fantasy had the problem when it launched, and a little unrelated but so did Skyrim, so I'm hoping it gets patched soon.

I'll wait on my second play through until that issue is fixed. Definitely not game breaking, but annoying nonetheless.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm hoping the tweaks to Proud are very slight, the difficulty of it really fits so well. My only issue was that the HUD didn't quite fit my screen, an issue I've seen a bit around the internet. I believe Final Fantasy had the problem when it launched, and a little unrelated but so did Skyrim, so I'm hoping it gets patched soon.

I'll wait on my second play through until that issue is fixed. Definitely not game breaking, but annoying nonetheless.
That's actually an issue with your TV. I have the same issue - you just need to turn "16:9 Overscan" off if your TV has such a setting. (For DDD you gotta turn it on)

---
MirrorAqua is actually great, but the 3rd boss is where it gets harder. Granted, with this one, I might just not be able to see the patterns - but yeah, the Heartless Waves or whatever are just terrible

meep2meep

Awards
Mirror Aqua is great. Shadow wave is awful by every degree-- you should want KH to succeed without pretending the issue doesn't exist

Actually demon towet has been adjusted so it's eyes flash red before it attacks. They might have done the same with wave...

Read that on reddit from someone watching a stream, can anyone here confirm?

Hirokey123

Awards
What? Demon Tower's eyes always start to glow before it attacks, that wasn't the issue the issue with demon tower is that you don't have any time to get away from it once it starts to glow.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Dude. We get it, you want your KH to be perfect. Let's just agree to disagree already because this back and forth really isn't helping.
KH isn't perfect, but you're laying it on a little thick and said the game wasn't fun when it's the most well crafted game by Osaka; are you saying you haven't enjoyed a KH game since kh2?
Mirror Aqua is great. Shadow wave is awful by every degree-- you should want KH to succeed without pretending the issue doesn't exist
rhe shadow wave isn't awful, as someone who plays souls games I assumed you would also understand that the enemy has a pattern?

look, I know it isn't perfect. Aqua's movement speed was weird. Her block and cartwheels have an inconvenient delay and locking you out of your items in the last two bars of the boss was pretty ridiculous. But to outright say the boss was badly designed just because you had a bad time and couldn't cheese it is entirely ridiculous. If you want to just mash buttons like it's bbs; play the game on standard mode.

meep2meep

Awards
What? Demon Tower's eyes always start to glow before it attacks, that wasn't the issue the issue with demon tower is that you don't have any time to get away from it once it starts to glow.

The red eyes just now let you know it's going to attack phase. I still don't know how ito is in game play as I don't have the patch yet

Pandymint

Awards
Honestly the only bad part about Demon Tide was being locked out of items at the end of the fight. THAT was bad and cost me the fight several times. It wasn't badly designed. I had no problem dealing with its patterns at all. There were plenty of tells when it was getting ready to attack and for the most part I didn't have a problem avoiding it.

It was a battle of using what you've learned to fight and learning patience, balancing attacking and defending. Understanding when to do these, and understanding to be aggressive but not greedy.

Seriously, the game just got genuinely hard for once in a way that makes sense and doesn't let you exploit mechanics to beat a boss. Is that a bad thing?

On topic though, I hope they don't screw up Proud's difficulty. I enjoyed it a lot, to be quite honest.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH isn't perfect, but you're laying it on a little thick and said the game wasn't fun when it's the most well crafted game by Osaka; are you saying you haven't enjoyed a KH game since kh2?

rhe shadow wave isn't awful, as someone who plays souls games I assumed you would also understand that the enemy has a pattern?

look, I know it isn't perfect. Aqua's movement speed was weird. Her block and cartwheels have an inconvenient delay and locking you out of your items in the last two bars of the boss was pretty ridiculous. But to outright say the boss was badly designed just because you had a bad time and couldn't cheese it is entirely ridiculous. If you want to just mash buttons like it's bbs; play the game on standard mode.

It doesn't have a pattern. It has no tell as to what it's going to do-- the issue isn't difficulty, it's that the boss is not fun or rewarding to learn. Your average Souls boss has plenty of windup on each attack and plenty of ways to manipilate it's pattern to take risks. Shadow tower and wave are both very boring touch and go bosses-- now is not the time to be complicit in the face of low quality content. Let's save complacency for KH3 when it's too late to ever be happy again

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It doesn't have a pattern. It has no tell as to what it's going to do-- the issue isn't difficulty, it's that the boss is not fun or rewarding to learn. Your average Souls boss has plenty of windup on each attack and plenty of ways to manipilate it's pattern to take risks. Shadow tower and wave are both very boring touch and go bosses-- now is not the time to be complicit in the face of low quality content. Let's save complacency for KH3 when it's too late to ever be happy again
I'm not being complacent about anything? Osaka is taking our criticism seriously and now we're criticizing a nonexistent problem. You may have this game mixed up with FFXV, which had bosses who were complete artificial difficulty, every boss in this title has some kind of rhyme or reason if you have the patience to pay attention and not just button mash. When his core is showing, you attack. Shotlock does a bar of damage without the core being exposed and it reveals it. When it turns red and charge, you use barrier. In phase 2, you attack when it stays still. There are many cues for you pick up on even if you don't see a neon sign pointing you to it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's okay if it isn't a problem to someone but calling it nonexistent and basically telling others they're bad and don't understand it goes a bit far imo. Apparently the boss definitely wasn't easily readable to everyone and no one has to feel like it's rewarding to them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Er that's not entirely correct other places are reporting, with screenshots of the patch notes no less, that for critical mode they've increased the damage players deal to enemies not the damage enemies deal to players.

Whoops. That's just a typo lol I fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back