• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Version 1.02 Patch released for KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton69

Awards
Awesome changes, but since they're listening, PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE LOCK ON TARGET WITH R2 + THE RIGHT STICK. ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.

Hirokey123

Awards
It's not a glitch battles where you're locked into an area, like a boss battle, only let you use 3 items on proud and critical and frankly I'd assume normal as well. It's sort of their limit I guess on items since you have your entire item inventory able to be accessed with a press of a button, where as in previous games you were limited to only what items you equipped/what items you activated auto-restock on.

Sorakh212

Awards
Hope they patch or fix the whole you can't use items after a certain point especially during boss battles.
I mean I can understand if that just so happens to be a certain handicap or limit they have so that people don't abuse or overuse items but it's still stupid imo because we don't get any sign or indication that that's the case.
Oh and if they would let me take screenshots after you meet Mickey that would be nice too. Idk wtf is going on with that or what the deal is there. I know this is basically a glorified KH3 tech demo but man does it have a fair share of problems.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I grinded to level 65 and I kept on dieing. After many deaths I somehow, by pure luck beat the final boss. I'm a seasoned player in the sense that I've played all kh games in their hardest difficulties, but I was really struggling on this battle. I haven't tried playing with the new patch. But I'll see how it goes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hope they patch or fix the whole you can't use items after a certain point especially during boss battles.
I mean I can understand if that just so happens to be a certain handicap or limit they have so that people don't abuse or overuse items but it's still stupid imo because we don't get any sign or indication that that's the case.
Oh and if they would let me take screenshots after you meet Mickey that would be nice too. Idk wtf is going on with that or what the deal is there. I know this is basically a glorified KH3 tech demo but man does it have a fair share of problems.

The share button blocking will unlock after a certain time frame. FFXV's share blocking was unlocked this month for a comparison.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The share button blocking will unlock after a certain time frame. FFXV's share blocking was unlocked this month for a comparison.

So it is something similar to our very own Spoiler-ban on the forums?
Screenshots and videos of the final world is forbidden for a set amount of time only?

Hirokey123

Awards

After your third item the item menu will completely grey out on the main screen so that's your indication you can no longer use items.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Aw... they make proud mode easier just as I beat it, lol. I guess being the early bird really doesn't work on 2.8, lol. Thash twice I missed stuff because I did it early. XD

Next they'll patch in cutscenes establishing Luna as a character *ba-dum-ksh*

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
major 0.2 spoilers and rant~

0.2 doesn't full on contradict blank points (as in, you can make an argument on how it still works together) but it most definitely and absolutely undercuts the emotional weight of it incredibly. Aqua crying about hearing how the little boy she met once has grown up and saved the world, and how this gives her hope, also carries with it the implication that she is learning for the first time how much time has passed, too. She also implies that she does not know about the state of the worlds, or that they were ever really in danger. She hears of this boy saving the worlds and asks if it is Terra or Ven only to be let down, and then asks who this boy is, but she already knew short of a year ago that not only was Sora a Keyblade wielder but that he had already succeeded in saving the worlds. It just doesn't work as well and it totally undermines the weight of Blank Points. Yeah you can say it still technically works and she's just relieved to hear Sora is fine and she didn't know about the second time the worlds were in danger, but, /c'mon/. Aqua has gone through like eleven years of hell and doesn't cry once but she cries when she hears that the Keyblade wielder she already knew about a year ago was still saving the worlds? C'mon, now.

0.2 wrecked, for me, one of my absolute favourite moments in the entire series, and I'll probably never forgive it for that. If it weren't for the fact that, gameplay wise, it is well made and visually impressive and all of that, I'd probably consider it the worst entry in the series.

And that isn't even getting into all the hammy, fanficcy, terrible retcons, contradictions and developments it does in other areas of the story (basically everything from the Terra meeting on is iffy af -- "Surprise! The KKD was just sitting behind the door and all Mickey had to do was grab it and then bam they were teleported straight to the DtD~" "Surprise! Either Mickey converses with Riku in a flash of light between scene transitions or this is just flat out contradicted~" "Surprise! Aqua was RIGHT there during the KH1 ending!" "And they give a contrived reason for why she can't help because destiny~" "If Riku had just looked up he would have seen her~~~~, or if Donald and Goofy had looked inside just a bit longer~~" "OMG the Plot just rammed Aqua through the door and of course it dramatically shuts behind immediately and then disappears while shirtless Mickey just watches on dumbstruck" like good lord. So much would have been helped if they had just been separated before all of the KH1 ending bull It completely robs the KH1 ending of its brilliant evocation effect and mysterious atmosphere and what its replaced with was not worth it at all. All of these retcons and undercutting of past moments (think of just how hollow the iconic Mickey scene feels in its usage here, not even a scene now, but a line, a shadow, of what it used to mean.) and it's in service of what, exactly? It brings no true meaningful development, for the characters or the lore, it just fills in gaps that didn't need filling while writing in crayon over top of passages that were already well written and evocative.). Not to mention just the weird storytelling hiccups (things don't flow smoothly or have clear cause and effect, you leave one area and bam you're just in the next area. You move from one image to an entirely different one with no connective tissue between them, seemingly operating on what looks cool (Aqua and Ven get grabbed by sparkly magic hands and then.... the next scene is just Aqua randomly falling and accepting death? It's like they came up with two images, slapped them together, and then forgot to make them flow into each other naturally.)

The only saving grace is that the post-credits scene and its implied developments for KH3 are strong enough that there is still hope, otherwise... I don't know. I have never been this disappointed with the series and I feel like I have lost so much enthusiasm for it.

That's how I feel anyway :/

(also i know ur excited to have a new arc phrase nomura but show some restraint, gosh. i swear you hear the phrase "may your heart be your guiding key" like twenty times in the span of three hours in 2.8)

Last edited:

Griewer

Awards
(also i know ur excited to have a new arc phrase nomura but show some restraint, gosh. i swear you hear the phrase "may your heart be your guiding key" like twenty times in the span of three hours in 2.8)

I agree with this soooooo much. <_<

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Starting my Critical playthrough now. Wish me luck D:

I'm about an hour into Critical, it's honestly not that noticeably different from Proud in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back