• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Version 5.0.1 scene changes and updates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As mentioned in the finale Q&A, a patch was released to address some bugs and make adjustments to certain scenes and lines of dialogue. Unfortunately they're not telling us what has actually been changed, so dump your findings here I guess.

Update: 6 scenes have received adjustments:

Scene 1-1, A Recurring Dream: The entire UX montage has been replaced with scenes excluding the Player. Now the most you can see of them is an arm.

01.jpg

Scene 5-12, Dark Emotions: Xehanort wonders if he can survive in the corridors because he's the child of destiny, rather than it just being his destiny to do so.

Untitled2.jpg

Scene 7-1, A Worthy Heart: Xehanort's mentor tells him about the child of destiny, not the chosen dark vessel.

Untitled.png

Scene 7-2, Reunited: Xehanort now says he believes Ven to be the child of destiny rather than just "the one."

05.jpg

Scene 8-11, Two Kinds of People: Quite a few visual adjustments. Xehanort now prepares to shoot a beam of light at Baldr first, then he falters and raises his Keyblade to strike. In the original, he just went to strike immediately.

02.jpg

Xehanort's expression has changed:

03.jpg

He tries to shoot Baldr again before ultimately just smacking him like he did originally:

IMG_5496.jpg

Close-up has been moved up to after Xehanort deals the final blow. He also doesn't linger as long in battle stance, instead quickly returning to upright position.

IMG_5499 copy.jpg

Scene 8-14, Child of Destiny: Robed person no longer specifies that Xehanort's great-great-grandfather was a renowned Keyblade wielder, and instead merely states that he shares a bloodline with such an individual.

01.jpg

Like the opening montage, the Player has been edited out of this scene as well. Sporty yellow boy is no longer canon and the Player can go back to being anyone.

02.jpg

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I'm glad they clarified Xehanort being part of Ephemer's bloodline instead of his great great grandson. Cause if he was only four generations removed Chi wouldn't quite feel like a far distant past, lol

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Think that's it. 5 scenes updated. Lemme know if anyone finds more!

Chie

Awards
Although the clarifications make sense for the lore, I really liked how the Child of Destiny wasn't mentioned until the very post-credits. It made it more of a capstone to recontextualize Xehanort, instead of a plot point.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Although the clarifications make sense for the lore, I really liked how the Child of Destiny wasn't mentioned until the very post-credits. It made it more of a capstone to recontextualize Xehanort, instead of a plot point.
I think mentioning it several times prior now should make it clear how this child of destiny talk affects Xehanort as a character. Way too many people saw that and automatically assumed it was all about Sora.

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards
The "Child of Destiny" is definitely going to be a massive plot point going forward. Just the term even. Kinda like how "may your heart be your guiding key" has been used ever since Back Cover.

LoneFox

Awards
Well I'm glad they clarified Xehanort being part of Ephemer's bloodline instead of his great great grandson. Cause if he was only four generations removed Chi wouldn't quite feel like a fat distant past, lol
But it's still not that long time. If we assume 25 years per generation, and remember that Ephemer is already in his mid-teens at the start, that would make it about 135 years from destruction of Daybreak Town to Xehanort's birth. You can stretch it by a couple of decades by making the time per generation longer, but I don't see a good reason why that would be.

Also, now they are saying that the Fated Child and the Child of Destiny are the same thing? This makes even less sense than before...

Chie

Awards
The "Child of Destiny" is definitely going to be a massive plot point going forward. Just the term even. Kinda like how "may your heart be your guiding key" has been used ever since Back Cover.
I'm not sure how this is possible, it's kind of a done deal by the time we get to Dark Road. I guess they'll probably talk about it in Missing Link though...

D

Deleted member 252753

Think that's it. 5 scenes updated. Lemme know if anyone finds more!
The very first scene has been changed so the UX flashback doesn't show Player's appearance.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The very first scene has been changed so the UX flashback doesn't show Player's appearance.
Thanks! Now that you mention it, the Player was edited out of the last scene too. I didn't notice that last night lol

Kaweebo

Awards
Given these alterations, it seems clear to me Xehanort is lying to Eraqus about believing Ventus to be the child of destiny. He sees Ventus as weak and the end of KH3 shows that he believed only he had the strength to accomplish what needed to be done until Sora argued against him. He thought he was the child of destiny all along until the end when he realized it was actually Sora, which is when he hands over the No Name Keyblade.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I called a lot of these 😉 https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?threads/spoiler-xehanort-is-the-child-of-destiny.236791/

But yea Master Xehanort is definitely lying about Ven. It is kind of suspicious that they removed the “dark vessel” thing though. The Master Odin line about the dark seeker remains, however. And Luxu/Bragi seems to initially believe Baldr is the child of destiny, but then turns his sights to Xehanort. So we can still kind of infer the child of destiny is thought to harbor darkness. Wonder why they removed that line.

Zackarix

Awards
This really does make me wonder if the child of destiny prophecy is going to be a plot point going forward. On one hand, why bother with these changes if it's not going to be? But on the other, it's just changing a few lines of text which is about as easy as possible a change to make. Editing default yellow boy out of those scenes probably took more effort than adding the child of destiny mentions.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Seems like these new "child of destiny" lines are just localization fixes. The JP dialogue remains unchanged.

Guessing there were late changes to the script that couldn't be implemented in time? Like in the scene of Xehanort and Ven in the corridor, there's no mention of the Book or its inscriptions at all, and yet there it is in the English version lol

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
You know what would have been cool? If they had taken advantage of the fact that UX and DR share the same app and the scenes featuring Player featured your avatar. But that probably would have been trickier to program.

Are the flashbacks in this DR pre-rendered videos or are they real time?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You know what would have been cool? If they had taken advantage of the fact that UX and DR share the same app and the scenes featuring Player featured your avatar. But that probably would have been trickier to program.

Are the flashbacks in this DR pre-rendered videos or are they real time?
The opening UX montage is pre-rendered, everything else is real-time.

Kaweebo

Awards
Seems like these new "child of destiny" lines are just localization fixes. The JP dialogue remains unchanged.

Guessing there were late changes to the script that couldn't be implemented in time? Like in the scene of Xehanort and Ven in the corridor, there's no mention of the Book or its inscriptions at all, and yet there it is in the English version lol
It feels more to me like retroactive spoilers. Because the child of destiny isn’t even mentioned until the final cutscene on Destiny Islands with Player. So having Xehanort call himself and later Ventus that would just be confusing and also limit the impact of the last scene.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Found another change: Vim and Vigor now plays for the Magic Mirror boss instead of Rowdy Rumble. Also, I finally beat the damn mirror.

Back