• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Voice Acting in KHII Sucks!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansem/Sephy

Sorry if that's harsh, but I watched the interviews with the V/A and, well, . . . I'm not impressed. Billy Zane has been replaced, Haley seems to have stopped trying, and Jesse almost makes a DECENT Roxas, however, his voice was totally off with the lip-syncing . . . Aerith should have NEVER been replaced. Mandy Moore was perfect for her, and I have yet to hear the others, but I have a strong feeling only a few characters are going to sound even OK because of the rush.

Among them:

DiZ(Ansem)

Maybe Riku (haven't heard him yet[I would REALLY appreciate his interview on YT])

Hades

Maleficent

Donald

Goofy

Other than those few, I think I can pretty much say my love of this game has all but been destroyed. I would have rather there be NO English and just subs than the butchery they have done now. After all, Japan had excellent voice tallent, and we, we have nothing.

Xell

Wait, wut?
Lol why should we give you the other interviews, chances are you'll just be negative about them also.. You should appreciate the VA, I thought it was good.

E

Eclipse

you need to stop btchin and be thankfull you're getting this game because if nomura had it his way, there wouldn't be an NA version of the game

and riku's interview is already on youtube

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I thought the voice actor choices were good too even Roxas(Jesse Mcartny)! The voice of Riku said his voice is very sexyo_O

Ansem/Sephy

Sorry. I really don't like to be this hopeless, but it was awful! I'm telling you, if they'd just make a Japanese jersion with English subs and writing, I'd be happy, but, I'm sorry, but I think it's the fans' fault. After all, it was them (us) that pushed S/E to get it in stores so fast. And that compramised the quality.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Shut ya dumb azz up foo just be glad you will even get a decent KH2 cuz wat u seemed to have forgotten u dont really worry 2 much about who the voices are since you'll be 2 bizzy playin teh dam game!

E

Eclipse

it didn't compromise the quality. they were gonna use those VA's anyway, you know that they were gonna use david, hayden and hayley anyways. Even if the game came out this fall, they would still use the same voice actors. if the game got delayed, it would have nothing to do with the voice actors

Ansem/Sephy

it didn't compromise the quality. they were gonna use those VA's anyway, you know that they were gonna use david, hayden and hayley anyways. Even if the game came out this fall, they would still use the same voice actors. if the game got delayed, it would have nothing to do with the voice actors

Sorry if I'm slow to respond! Yeah well, my point was they would be able to fine tune it and be able to maybe work on certain aspects that they don't have that much time to otherwise.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They were really good, hands down. =P Probably the best RPG Voice acting ever.

Also: Giving them more time doesn't improve the voice acting.

E

Eclipse

yeah the voice acting is already done. they're just fixing last minute glitches and adjustments and then they need to make copies to ship to their warehouses

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Once again to expand on my other post: Giving them more time for voice acting doesnt change anything, since voice acting is a one shot deal; they go in, voice it, edit it, redo it, practice, do it, its done. Extra time doesnt do anything.

Also, I find it odd how the voice acting of Kh2 RUINS the entire game for you. You havnt even viewed a cutscene yet. You viewed about 15 5 second clips. The voice acting is actually no better then KH1's.

darkness eternal

if your going to over react and go as far as insulting Kingdom Hearts, stop thinking bout it. Get over it. And if it bothers you that much turn the volume off and read the subtitles!

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Grandia 3 IMO is the best VA any RPG has ever had. That aside. He's semi right mostly because it's his opinion. Bad Voice Acting can RUIN a game. If you hate the voices then it's not going to help you like the game because that's ALL you are going to here. The battle crys in battle and the cutscenes, all have voice acting and if it sucks to you, the game is going to be harder to enjoy.

Second if he hates the Voice Acting, well that's fine. He's not bashing the game. I agree with most points. Based on the Interviews Sora doesn't sound right, Ansem was semi-ruined, Aerith sounds like a robot and the lip syncing is horrible. If that lip syncing is finalized (which I would think so since they released it in an interview) then I am going to be disappointed.

And Nomura has EVERY intention of releasing KH2 in the US. He wouldn't even think twice about it. Don't make it sound like he doesn't want it out here. If anything he favors the American Version of the Japanese.

Ansem/Sephy

Oh, and suprisingly, I didn't mind the Johnny Depp replacement. And I heard Mark Mosely pull another flawless Murphy and was impressed. lol God figure. Well, FFX had less than great V/A and I loved it, and it came across well when it counted, so I'll stay hopeful since I love KH.

E

Eclipse

MyInnerFred said:
And Nomura has EVERY intention of releasing KH2 in the US. He wouldn't even think twice about it. Don't make it sound like he doesn't want it out here. If anything he favors the American Version of the Japanese.

lol i was just joking fred. he would never not release the U.S. version lol

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
shush. You haven't even played the NA version yet you've just heard one minute interviews and little voice samples. you can't say they suck yet. First play the game, then say they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back