• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WAAAIT! Seven Keyholes of Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Actually they are using BBS'S Engine for 3DS. As in the "Really advanced" part we are talking about a DS game not a PS2, so compared to other games on it's platform it is pretty advanced. Also i wasn't saying that the graphics take up the entire project, look at the big picture they are working on a DS Cartridge so they cant put as much stuff in it as other games such as BBS and KH2. For example a standard DS game can hold about 1 Gb, PS2 about 5GB, and a PSP around 2GB. So the size varies which affects gameplay. Now would you rather have a game like BBS? Where they have a bunch of worlds, but they are kind of empty and you don't spend much time in them. Or have a game where there is a decent amount of worlds with much more depth and time in them? Quality over quantity.
Dude, a 3DS cartridge can hold 8GB max and Square confirmed that they're using up that much space. And I'm pretty sure 3DS specs are superior to a PSP and close/on par with a PS2. There are just not that many worlds because Square wants to bring a bigger focus on each one more then usual hence how the areas are gigantic now, the Disney worlds are all new, and returning original worlds have new areas.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
Dude, a 3DS cartridge can hold 8GB max and Square confirmed that they're using up that much space. And I'm pretty sure 3DS specs are superior to a PSP and close/on par with a PS2. There are just not that many worlds because Square wants to bring a bigger focus on each one more then usual hence how the areas are gigantic now, the Disney worlds are all new, and returning original worlds have new areas.

Well, im not going to run around and argue. I got proved wrong lol. Although i'm glad thats what they are doing, putting alot of work in each world. Maybe it will be like KH1 where each world had something special.

(Haven't done much research on the 3DS nor KH:3DS)

Arkrend

Actually they are using BBS'S Engine for 3DS. As in the "Really advanced" part we are talking about a DS game not a PS2, so compared to other games on it's platform it is pretty advanced. Also i wasn't saying that the graphics take up the entire project, look at the big picture they are working on a DS Cartridge so they cant put as much stuff in it as other games such as BBS and KH2. For example a standard DS game can hold about 1 Gb, PS2 about 5GB, and a PSP around 2GB. So the size varies which affects gameplay. Now would you rather have a game like BBS? Where they have a bunch of worlds, but they are kind of empty and you don't spend much time in them. Or have a game where there is a decent amount of worlds with much more depth and time in them? Quality over quantity.

You do know that the things that change a game's performance are things like the complexity of the AI, the complexity of the code, etc. Graphics are pretty big on that, but there are other factors.

The fact that you can switch between characters at any moment is obviously something that effects the game's performance. Even though you're playing as Sora, the game needs to remember exactly where Riku is and what's happening around him.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I think this mainly because I think that when Mickey goes into the RoS will be after Sora and Riku have found the Keyholes. I doubt Yen Sid would allow Mickey to go into the RoS during the exam, since it wouldn't really be their exam anymore.
How so? The main point of the exam is to find the KoS that wouldn't change even with Mickey arriving there besides I think Xehanorts involvement already put a wrench into Yen Sid's original plan going by that conversation with Mickey and him.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm guessing the enforced 2-year development policy has more to do with the low count. They simply don't get the time to implement anymore.

Crystal

Silver Member
Seven worlds would be good for me as long as the storyline is interesting.
I think we may visit those worlds twice just like KH2.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Seven worlds would be good for me as long as the storyline is interesting.
I think we may visit those worlds twice just like KH2.

Well Sora and Riku have their own story in each world, so if their stories are individually as long as one world visit in KH1 and KH2 were then that would mean it would be as long as "2 visits" only you do it all at once :p

satria222poxy

Is there any some sort of cohesiveness towards the worlds in KH3D (so far)?
I mean, it's like BbS where the worlds took place in the past, and they feel like a "collective storybook" worlds.
I don't see the coherence of the worlds in KH3D, except being worlds in the Realm of Sleep/Dreams.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The secret message reveals a Kingdom Hearts 4
Welcome to KHI~ This thread is over a year old and we don't condone necro-posting here so I'll be closing this.

Also, the secret message at the end of the credits reveals KH3, not KH4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back