• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wait a minute...how exactly are there 7 princesses of heart in BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
If this was 10 years before KH1 and one of the princesses of hearts was Alice, who was 7...that means she wouldn't exist till 3 years after BBS

Wtf?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If this was 10 years before KH1 and one of the princesses of hearts was Alice, who was 7...that means she wouldn't exist till 3 years after BBS

Wtf?

Alice has no canon Disney age despite being 7 in the books. Time flows different from world to world and we've no point of reference for Wonderland (or wherever Alice is from) and the most likely explanation is that there's probably an Avatar-like system where new pure lights are born into the world when an old one dies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Was Alice really seven? In the movie she looked about eleven or twelve, LOL.

I think that most accept her as being around 10-12 in the movie. She was 7 in the books, though, but that was clearly Lewis Carroll's version of her and not Disney's.

Wtf?

It's pretty obvious that not all of these 7 girls have been alive since the worlds were split. One dies and another is probably born in the same instant in order to maintain the balance of Light in the universe.

Master_Aqua

Alice has no canon Disney age despite being 7 in the books. Time flows different from world to world and we've no point of reference for Wonderland (or wherever Alice is from) and the most likely explanation is that there's probably an Avatar-like system where new pure lights are born into the world when an old one dies.

I'd pretty much go with this, interesting enough It could make sense.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd pretty much go with this, interesting enough It could make sense.

It's the only thing that makes sense. 7 Lights must exist at one time in order to maintain the safety of the Realm of Light. If one was to die, of course one would take their place to ensure that balance is kept as it has been since the worlds split.

At the same time, we know for a fact that time-flow in each world is different so while years could be speeding ahead in one, time can be naught but a snail's crawl in another.

Samhain

Bronze Member
But that's not true

Clearly age matters in Disney canon
See: Hercules
Hercules was different 10 years ago. As a matter of fact Nomura acknowledged this saying we'll see a younger Hercules when he was still in training, so how exactly can Alice be a princess? Say she was 12 in the first game....that means she would have been 2 in KH BBS. How would that exactly work?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
But that's not true

Hercules was different 10 years ago. As a matter of fact Nomura acknowledged this saying we'll see a younger Hercules when he was still in training, so how exactly can Alice be a princess? Say she was 12 in the first game....that means she would have been 2 in KH BBS. How would that exactly work?

That just goes back to the reincarnation theory. If Alice was two in BBS, than her predecessor passed away two years prior to BBS.

Samhain

Bronze Member
What predecessor? Has that ever been said? That's speculation

All we know is there are only 7 princesses of pure heart
Kairi, Alice, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora

And that's it

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
But that's not true

It's not that age doesn't matter, it's that time flows differently per world making it hard to tell how old characters like the PoH are supposed to be at certain times.

Someone can correct if I'm wrong because I haven't seen Hercules in forever, but I think Hercules was aboooouuuttt...fifteen when he went to go train with Phil? Fourteen or Fifteen, somewhere around there. Then when he completes his training and goes to do hero work I think he was somewhere between eighteen-twenty? Even from fourteen to twenty that's only about six years and assuming that grown up Hercules is the same age as he is in the movie, then that shows that time on his world flows slightly slower than on other worlds like Destiny Islands.

For all we know, time in Alice's world moves at a snails' pace and twelve years in her world is thirty in another and vice versa.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

And that's it

No but Tinny came up with theory that there is an Avatar like system in KH were when 1 princess dies, another one takes their place. There could have been previous PoH before the current ones

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No but Tinny came up with theory that there is an Avatar like system in KH were when 1 princess dies, another one takes their place. There could have been previous PoH before the current ones

He didn't really make it up. It's a pretty common theory because we know for a fact that these 7 PoH are important pillars of the Realm of Light, and that the current seven haven't been alive for hundreds of years.

And that's it

And those seven have not been alive for hundreds of years. There have to have been PoHs before them because of all of the light-darkness balance stuff going on.

Someone can correct if I'm wrong because I haven't seen Hercules in forever, but I think Hercules was aboooouuuttt...fifteen when he went to go train with Phil? Fourteen or Fifteen, somewhere around there. Then when he completes his training and goes to do hero work I think he was somewhere between eighteen-twenty? Even from fourteen to twenty that's only about six years and assuming that grown up Hercules is the same age as he is in the movie, then that shows that time on his world flows slightly slower than on other worlds like Destiny Islands.

Pretty certain Hercules is around 18. Very few of the Disney Heroes/Princes are older than 21, and Hercules is supposed to be about the same age as Eric & Aladdin who were both about 18 in their respective films. So yeah, it's been about 4ish years rofl.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Didn't Riku in DDD say Time flows differently in each world, to Joshua no doubt?

Also Tinny could be right about one princess dies, another takes it's place to keep the balance. If Avatar is to much for you, let me go more old school

Take the Buffy universe, Every generation, a Slayer is born, dating back to the first Slayer. When a Slayer dies, a new one is awakened. When Buffy died the first time in Season 1, another took her place (Faith) even if it was a temporary death.

So say Belle died, another girl would take her spot so the balence is kept.

Master_Aqua

I will agree with the whole predecessor situation because it really makes sense and let's say Alice was two at the start of BBS since her predecessor died already, so then even a baby/toddler (assuming the baby/toddler, despite the very young age, has a strong heart) can be a PoH?

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I will agree with the whole predecessor situation because it really makes sense and let's say Alice was two at the start of BBS since her predecessor died already, so then even a baby/toddler (assuming the baby/toddler, despite the very young age, has a strong heart) can be a PoH?

Probably, if the POHs we know now are the reincarnations of the hearts of children when the worlds were saved by the darkness, then yes.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think the implication is that PoH are likely reincarnated. As soon as one keels over, there heart is right away reborn into a new person to keep the balance. PoH are most likely born.

Awards
But that's not true

And yet Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the exact same age in BbS and KH1.

Each world has its own time axis. It's not inconceivable that time is extremely dilated in Wonderland (that place is odd to begin with), to the point that a year there is equal to a thousand years in another world.

Though you're going to run into problems with longevity when we look at Kairi. She's the one Princess that definitively has not been around since the Keyblade War. I mean, it's unlikely any of them have, but at the very least, were it not for Kairi, the relativity of time in each world would be an adequate explanation.

So that's where the whole idea of reincarnation/successors for the PoH come into play. Whether Alice had some predecessor as a PoH or her world just has an extremely slow time axis, either way the bases are covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back