• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Warcraft Movie Directed by Sam Raimi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I said nothing about Sam Raimi's quality as a director, I think he'd be able to do a fair job of it. Video game movies, or at least live action ones, are notorious for falling beneath expectations or just being bad.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
As I said, hopefully this will be about Arthas. It's the logical choice.

The article also mentions it's being produced by Charles Roven, who also produced TDK (he was nominated for Best Producer at the Producer's Guild Awards last year). So the franchise is in apparently good hands.

also, a little thanks would have been nice.

Kaezan

Infinity Sign's right (lol), most game to movies have come out bad, like Bloodrayne and Silent Hill and Max Payne

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
i'm waiting to see how exactly they're going to pull off a plot.
hmm?

I doubted his after SM3
It was all producer interference. Avi Arad made Raimi add Venom to SM3 when Raimi had made it quite clear that he didn't like the character and didn't want to put to him in a movie. That's why the movie suffered and why he demanded greater creative control for SM4.

D

Deleted member 36435

I believe it's going to be mainly CG.
Also, Warcraft is a video game with a better story then most books and movies that come out now-a-days. Browse wowwiki for a little and read up on lore. I have high hopes for this movie.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Silent Hill wasn't actually that bad of a movie. Just had some piss poor acting at some points.

But oh fuck yeah Sam Raimi. Drag Me to Hell's easily in my top three for 09 so far, love him as a director. I'm looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back