• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Warning: Do not enter this thread if you have just eaten!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Can it extend and stab through guy's heads?
Nah, its just a pussy cosplayer of an alien.

Seeshinamaru13

stalking Grimmjow...from a distance...cuz yeah he'
Nah, its just a pussy cosplayer of an alien.
yeah... damn wannabe alien parasite... :lol:

Well I haven't eaten in about 12 hours... so I'm good.

This is seriously not what I was expecting... it's really not all that gross... although I think that it is quite interesting. It's one of the biggest parasites I've ever seen... and the fact that it replaces its hosts's tongue is amazing. Wonderful symbiosis at work here.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
How is this disgusting? In fact, as a former biology student, I find this absolutely fascinating. This is an excellent case of a commensalism symbiosis. The fish is unharmed but does not benefit from the relationship whereas the parasite does.

D: I love this guy.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Not to mention the fact that you'd probably eat one and find it DELICIOUS.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I fail to see how this is disgusting or disturbing. It's living organism that feeds off another one's tongue. There's far more gruesome parasites than this and that's just in the animal kingdom. Factor in the internet and you have many many things that make this parasite look cute.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Seen a lot of worse things.
This didn't even make me go "Ewww..."

Still, as long as it's only a fish tongue-eater....

Seeshinamaru13

stalking Grimmjow...from a distance...cuz yeah he'
Some of you should have that parasite that swims up your urethra in the rivers of the South American rainforest.

Really? Did you notice the finger behind the fish head?

Tapeworms and Ringworms are much larger and grosser.

oh my gosh.... don't bring those up... tapeworms are bigger when it comes to length but this parasite is bulky... which is kind of what I meant.
I haven't seen a large ringworm... and after seeing your comment... I don't want to...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Some of you should have that parasite that swims up your urethra in the rivers of the South American rainforest.

Heard about that one, actually. Scares the shit out of me.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I haven't but I just lol'd at the thought of that. Whats it called?

wikipedia said:
Candiru (English and Portuguese) or candirú (Spanish), also known as canero or toothpick fish, are a number of genera of parasitic freshwater catfish in the family Trichomycteridae; all are native to the Amazon River. Although some candiru species have been known to grow to a size of 6 inches (~15 cm) in length, others are considerably smaller. These smaller species are known for an alleged tendency to invade and parasitize the human urethra; however, despite ethnological reports dating back to the late 19th century, the first documented case of a candiru parasitizing a human did not occur until 1997.
The definition of candiru differs between authors. The word has been used to refer to only Vandellia cirrhosa, the entire genus Vandellia, the subfamily Vandelliinae, or even the two subfamilies Vandelliinae and Stegophilinae.

Some people call them Penis Fish.

And yes, this tongue parasite's intriguing. It's a bit hard to imagine a living creature can replace a tongue though.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
That thing better not end up in my mouth while i'm sleeping... or at all

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
That is so cool, i thought it was a parasite that would eat away at the fish but its nothing more than the same as those fish that attach to sharks. They're there just so they can eat and they somehow help the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back