• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Warning: Do not enter this thread if you have just eaten!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
Bizarre Tongue-Eating Parasite Discovered Off the Jersey Coast

tongue-eating-parasite.jpg

tongue-parasite-in-fish.jpg

tongue-eating-creature.jpg

This being one of the disgusting/strangest things I've ever heard of I thought I should get opinions on it. So what do you all think about this thing? Discuss.

Link: Bizarre Tongue-Eating Parasite Discovered Off the Jersey Coast : TreeHugger

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Holy crap! It looks like something from Alien. Warning didn't help though. I was still curious enough to see what this was. I kinda regret regret it though.

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
Well I wiki'd it and while we all know wiki is at times unreliable. Well the description was rather interesting. ><;;;

Cymothoa exigua or the Tongue eating louse is a parasitic crustacean of the family Cymothoidae. It tends to be 3 to 4 cm long. This parasite enters through the gills, and then attaches itself at the base of the spotted rose snapper's (Lutjanus guttatus) tongue. It then proceeds to extract blood through the claws on its front and less blood reaches the tongue, and eventually the organ atrophies from lack of blood. The parasite then replaces the fish's tongue by attaching its own body to the muscles of the tongue stub. The fish is able to use the parasite just like a normal tongue. It appears that the parasite does not cause any other damage to the host fish. Once C. exigua replaces the tongue, some feed on the host's blood and many others feed on fish mucus. They do not eat scraps of the fish's food. This is the only known case of a parasite functionally replacing a host organ. It is currently believed that C. exigua are not harmful to humans unless picked up alive, in which case they can bite.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
That's pretty disgusting.
Hopefully it'll only attack the tongues of fish.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Well, no harm to humans... but still, it'd be pretty scary to see one of those while eating D:

Masamune

Big Boss
Not quite what I was expecting.....

but definitely the weirdest thing I've heard in a while.

S

Shadow Soldier

Fuck I love bacon and eggs with even more eggs on the side with Egg Benedict and pink lemonade. MMMMMM

Oh hey, sup tongue dude? Five buck says my food tastes better than a tongue.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Wow, that's interesting. A lot of new discoveries this year.

Next up: Yeti/Big Foot found living in a cave with family. (no seriously, this could happen)

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm.. that thing is pretty creepy looking.

Now I'm all itchy! Gross!

αsiя

space coke
I just ate frosted flake
and guess what they're STILLLLL GREATTTT

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
It's not really that disgusting, tbh xD;; though I'm not grossed out that easily.
I think it's pretty cool, actually, it better stay in fish, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back