• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was any sort of explanation given for...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Real Riku hints that it may have been Riku Replica somehow. But it's never confirmed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
After the possible Riku Replica left via a corridor of darkness, Jimminy ask the real Riku who that was and Riku responds by saying that he has been struggling with his darkness including "the imitation that was copied" from his darkness. Thus hinting it was Riku Replica but not out right confirming it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Typical Nomura-Style storytelling, lol, shouldn't be surprising.

I tend to think that this interview bit is one of the rare cases of Nomura ever being totally clear on something, rofl.
DDD Ultimania said:
— It was declared from Ansem the Wise’s own mouth that everything can grow a heart.
Nomura: Yes it was, I thought I’d leave it clear in this title.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Time to break out those TEAM REPLIKU Sigs again!

I never got rid of mine.........:cool:

images

A lot of people on Youtube thought it was YX, saying he just shapeshifted into Riku to try and trick him........they come up with the oddest things.

Radar

Bronze Member
Maybe the Riku Replica will team up with Sora and them but I doubt it, I don't really want to see him as evil. Maybe he does something big to affect the plot in kh3 like YX did in DDD.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm thinking the Riku Replica we see in KH3D (If that is indeed actually Riku Replica) is one from the past that YMX picked up to be one of the 13 Seekers of Darkness. Most likely he would have picked him up from a point in time before he started helping Sora and was defeated by Riku in COM, that would he would still have ill feelings toward both of them. After all Nomura did say among the hooded members of the 13 Seekers of Darkness there are alot of familiar faces and since Terra has been confirmed by MX himself to be among them and Vanitas is hinted to be among them in some form (Due to being shown next to YMX in La Cite Des Cloches), then it wouldn't be surprising to see Riku Replica with them too. On top of that he was wearing a black coat which is what the 13 Seekers of Darkness wear in KH3D and they were the only ones with black coats in the realm of sleep.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I still would have preferred Data Riku ;A;

Same. I don't like the idea of it being Repliku, only because I like my favorite characters that die to stay dead and not have their last moment cheapened by second chances.

I can accept it, though...I just won't be happy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Same. I don't like the idea of it being Repliku, only because I like my favorite characters that die to stay dead and not have their last moment cheapened by second chances.
I fear that he'll do a cliché redemption thing in KHIII, if Memory Master is correct on him being one of the XIII.

I can accept it, though...I just won't be happy.
I can accept it too. But it could have given Re:Coded so much more importance.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well Repliku did absorb Zexion's power when he killed him......I could see them saying that maybe Xehanort's heart went inside of Repliku when he absorbed what was left of him.

There's also the fact that Ansem SoD said that Repliku is what Riku should be. So they originally wanted Riku in the 13, so Repliku could just have taken the place of him. Was it said that Riku was supposed to be the 13th, all I remember was that he was supposed to be a part of the 13.
Just something to think of.

billyzanesucks

I agree that he's a likely Seeker of Darkness, but what confuses me is why they would bring Riku Replica with body and all, and not Vanitas, whom I assume is being ferried around as a heart. I had considered that only pure Xehanorts could transcend time while keeping their bodies. Though, maybe there's a different thing with RR, since he didn't have gold eyes.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well Repliku did absorb Zexion's power when he killed him......I could see them saying that maybe Xehanort's heart went inside of Repliku when he absorbed what was left of him.

There's also the fact that Ansem SoD said that Repliku is what Riku should be. So they originally wanted Riku in the 13, so Repliku could just have taken the place of him. Was it said that Riku was supposed to be the 13th, all I remember was that he was supposed to be a part of the 13.
Just something to think of.

Yes, they said Riku was the one originally planned to be the 13th vessel. That is why XH left a piece of himself inside of Riku. (The piece of XH that we fight in Chain of Memories and the piece that Riku struggled with in 358/2 Days and KH2 and eventually had to use the power of the XH fragment to beat Roxas which caused Riku to take on XH appearance.) The piece of XH that was left in Riku was meant to take over Riku and turn him into the final member of the 13 Seekers of Darkness. So Riku was the planned 13th member from atleast KH1 up until KH2.

Then in KH3D they still attempted to make him the final vessel (This is why YMX and XH continued to appear to antagonize him through out his journey in the dream worlds) but by the time he reaches Symphony of Sorcery and meets with YMX in front of Bald Mountain, YMX realizes Riku has built up such a resistance to the darkness that he is no longer suited to be the final member.

That is when they focus more on Sora. It's true they were also messing with him in KH3D just in case Riku did end up becoming useless for their plan, but it wasn't until YMX realized the extent of Riku's resistance to darkness that YMX decided to focus all of his efforts on turning Sora into the final vessel by trapping him in a nightmare where he experiences the pain of those in torment and also Xemnas and Xigbar making him angry when they tell him how they lied and used the organization members from the first organization.

It's like YMX said, "Originally you (Riku) were planned to be the final vessel, but your heart built up a resistance to the darkness. So just as the keyblade once did, we went for the next best thing (Sora). Roxas was considered for a short time but as he grew more independent he eventually became useless as a vessel." That may not be an exact quote but it's close enough to what he said.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It's like YMX said, "Originally you (Riku) were planned to be the final vessel, but your heart built up a resistance to the darkness. So just as the keyblade once did, we went for the next best thing (Sora). Roxas was considered for a short time but as he grew more independent he eventually became useless as a vessel." That may not be an exact quote but it's close enough to what he said.
Holy shit that is hilarious YMX got jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back