• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was Apprentice Xehanort trying to save Radiant Garden?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

yamibakura95

Awards
He sents out Kairi hoping that the will find the keyblad'es chosen one but at the same time, he has this cold and caluclating way of talking/acting that i have hard time believing he had good intentions. Also, i find it strange that he wanted Kairi to locate the keyblade wielder when he summons a keyblade in another flashback.

Apprentice Xehanort is such a mystery. He seems like a different person compared to both Xehanort and Terra. The way he wrote his reports, his passion as a scientist, taking Ansem's name, i cant bring myself to believe that Master Xehanort had it all planned. I get the feeling that MX is trying to convince the heroes (and us) that it was all part of a great plan and he suceeds considering Mickey says in Kh3 that Xehnanort split himself in Ansem and Xemnas and that he totally knew what was going to happen and certainly didnt take a huge risk letting himself become a heartless.

darknessofheart

Awards
Nope, he had no motive to save Radiant Garden, not in the slightest. If there is one trait that all of Xehanort's incarnations have in common, it's manipulation. He was simply trying to give Kairi some guidance and additional incentive to find the next Keyblade wielder. At this point in time, he was keen on ensuring that the next wielder would not disrupt his plans, so he abducted Kairi and sent her off into the space between the worlds to locate this wielder. The Ansem reports in KH1 make it clear that he wanted to locate the next Keyblade wielder to prevent them from interfering with his grander plans. There was no secret benevolent motive underneath the actions of this sociopath.

I find apprentice Xehanort the most deprived of Xehanort's forms. Despite the fact that we never see the true abominations of his actions, the reports are more than enough. His experiments were the source of the moaning heard by Isa and Lea, involved children and led to the collapse of their mental states. In some ways, he's much worse than Master Xehanort, despite them being one and the same.

Last edited:

yamibakura95

Awards
I find apprentice Xehanort the most deprived of Xehanort's forms. Despite the fact that we never see the true abominations of his actions, the reports are more than enough. His experiments were the source of the moaning heard by Isa and Lea, involved children and led to the collapse of their mental states. In some ways, he's much worse than Master Xehanort, despite them being one and the same.

In KH3 though he blames Ansem, saying "All these children sacrificied in your research" impliying that he had Ansem's permission for some of his experiments.
I alsocant really tell how much of AX is MX. To me, it seems like he was a different person, sure he was just as ruthless and pragmatic as MX, but his scholar attitude is weird. Like he took some of ATW's traits and they got combined with MX's thirst for knowledge/power.

darknessofheart

Awards
In KH3 though he blames Ansem, saying "All these children sacrificied in your research" impliying that he had Ansem's permission for some of his experiments.
I alsocant really tell how much of AX is MX. To me, it seems like he was a different person, sure he was just as ruthless and pragmatic as MX, but his scholar attitude is weird. Like he took some of ATW's traits and they got combined with MX's thirst for knowledge/power.
Well, Xehanort never intended to lose his memories, so in some ways his personality was being partially rebuilt from his new experiences, hence why he seems so different. That being said, he still had MX's heart in him and its implied that it was serving as subconscious guidance, alongside Braig.

The purpose of the experiments were to create hallow vessels to fill with Xehanort's essence. So, even if apprentice Xehanort was doing these horrible things to satisfy his own curiosity, he was still driven by the true machinations of MX, however subconsciously, with Braig also ensuring their plans also stayed on track.

Honestly though, this whole point in the mythology is very dicey because Nomura didn't have everything planned out and I still don't think he was ever able to properly explain how much of apprentice Xehanort was operating under MX's influence.

I mean it's clear that by the time he split his heart, he was essentially MX again, but before that it is very debatable. It still isn't explained why he took Ansem's name. At first it seemed like he wanted a respectable title and Xemnas seems to treat the name of Xehanort with a certain amount of contempt which may imply the lingering hatred Terra has for Xehanort compelled him to lose the name. But his heartless, which is essentially all MX, choose to keep it, so it's all over the place.

Nomura sorta wrote himself into a corner a bit with the whole name steal.

As for Xehanort blaming Ansem for the loss of children's lives, I sorta take that as Xehanort just being a massive asshole. Xemnas did something similar in KH2, blaming everything on his mentor for simply beginning the research. While Xehanort may have always had a purpose for everything he did, he was still an abominable individual not above trolling other people.

I don't know how much Ansem took part in the experiments. He seemed to have called it off after the initial experiment he performed on Xehanort's heart and was disgusted when he learned how much further Xehanort and the other apprentices went.

Last edited:
Back