• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was chain of memories really neccessary?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

replicariku

yes it was kinda necessesary even if it had a some of kh in it. Chain of Memories is basicilly Kingdom Hearts 1 and 1/2. It has kh and parts of kh2 and some of its "own". The beginning of Kh2 starts off right where Com ends. So it is necessary.

You wouldn't understnad KH2 that much if you haven't done COM.

hudson

COM will probably be referred to several times in KH2.
Which is probably why one doesn't have to play COM in order to play KH2, because one will probably know what happened in COM anyway.

_Darkside_

I think it was neccesary in the sense that it introduced the Orginization, but like Keyblademaster49 said it could have ruined KH's reputation with the sucky card batle system

BlaZinbritt11588

i think KH was VERY neccessary. It introduced Namine, Diz, Axel, and many other organization members. Imagine if no one on this site had played KH:CoM........we would see Namine and Axel and not know who they heck they were. But since we played it, we do. the R/R part was even MORE important than sora's story in my opinion. because we now know where Riku and Mickey are headed. :)

Neo sora

Website
rpginsider.spreebb.com
Yeah, i do think it was neccessary coz it gave an intro to inprtant org members and not to mention Namine, it also tells you that king Micky and Riku escaped from the door to the darkness(Kingdom Hearts) and it was an attempt to help fans(namely me) with the waiting!!!:)

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
CoM wasn't neccessary in my opinion. All that valuable time Square wasted in making this rather insignificant game, they could have used on KH2. Heck, if they spent that valuable time on KH2, it probably would've been finished by now. CoM was just a way for Square to get a quick buck. In the end, CoM is going to serve no purpose in the overall storyline since I hear you don't need to play CoM to understand KH2. So that means CoM= Very pointless game.

Endgame

:D
Ok, kiddies, let me teach you one of the deep dark secrets about the game industry.

They like money!

CoM, KH, and KH2, are all made for one purpose: To make money. Anything else that comes of it is a happy coincedence.

No, CoM was not necessary, but the PSP was not out at that time, and square enix wanted to appeal to the handheld gamer demographic so they could make more money, so they made up castle oblivion and the whole 'losing your memories' thing as an excuse to make a game which did not actually further the storyline or alter it in any significant way between the events in KH and KH2.

Endgame

:D
animechaosmaster said:
ok...if u read the previews...it was to connect the plot idiots!

Wrong. It was to MAKE MONEY. They said it was to connect the plots, but really, you are in the same position at the end of CoM as you were at the start.

moogles

COM wasn't necessary but it offered much more insight then just jumping to KH2 would. Plus, I'm happy Square Enix threw us a something to occupy ourselves with while we wait for KH2.

Crazy1

Website
www.something.com
Im sure it was all of those, CoM was made to make money like KH1 and KH2 plus it helped connect the plots help us figure out who Namine is and a bit about the organization and it did help occupying us but not for long. But no it wasn't nessecary, no connection of plots was needed im sure.

Last edited:

darkriku14

beginning and end
i guess it could connect the plots, we dont know that, since, you know, KH2 isnt out yet! maybe COM was really important and we didn't know it.

anyway, it saves them all the time of introducing the Organization and Naminé for KH2

Yue

Radical fcuker.
Zetsumi said:
Ok, kiddies, let me teach you one of the deep dark secrets about the game industry.

They like money!

CoM, KH, and KH2, are all made for one purpose: To make money. Anything else that comes of it is a happy coincedence.

No, CoM was not necessary, but the PSP was not out at that time, and square enix wanted to appeal to the handheld gamer demographic so they could make more money, so they made up castle oblivion and the whole 'losing your memories' thing as an excuse to make a game which did not actually further the storyline or alter it in any significant way between the events in KH and KH2.

^^ Listen to this God. It makes my job a lot easier.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well to me COM was necessary cause do you remember before KHCOM when they were talking about KH2 they said there would be 13 Org members and you know like 5 of them died off so basically if we would not have known that we'd be having questions in the back of our head like where are the other Org members that they talked about and also it introduce us to some strange characters also like Axel and Namine and Diz cause we really don't know who these people are still we know that Axel is a double agent(maybe) and Namine is a Witch but that's basically it and there is more to it like when we see BHK and Namine talking she tells him you aren't real or something like that she probably has the power to create people on her own just like she has the ability to change people's memories so maybe KHCOM was necessary and I don't think you'd be able to get KH2 without KHCOM cause another we see is that some people still have lost their memories and then you'd also wonder how did they lose they're memories

black acid

Heros need Villains
Jinx said:
Well to me COM was necessary cause do you remember before KHCOM when they were talking about KH2 they said there would be 13 Org members and you know like 5 of them died off so basically if we would not have known that we'd be having questions in the back of our head like where are the other Org members that they talked about and also it introduce us to some strange characters also like Axel and Namine and Diz cause we really don't know who these people are still we know that Axel is a double agent(maybe) and Namine is a Witch but that's basically it and there is more to it like when we see BHK and Namine talking she tells him you aren't real or something like that she probably has the power to create people on her own just like she has the ability to change people's memories so maybe KHCOM was necessary and I don't think you'd be able to get KH2 without KHCOM cause another we see is that some people still have lost their memories and then you'd also wonder how did they lose they're memories

my god...this is problaby the smartess post I read in ages...jinx you deseve a rep point:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back