• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► WAS IT A DREAM OR WAS IT REAL?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: WAS IT A DREAM< OR WAS IT REAL?

So you're experiencing them at night when you're supposed to be asleep?

You might want to talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for anti-insomnia medication.

Lunar Knight

American Person

I've gotten it a few times when I was younger. It hasn't happened to me recently. You should grow out of it sooner or later. I think taking a hot shower helps a lot.

What I want is to voluntarily have a lucid dream.

Some Dude1

wanting a baby... and goin deft from's all's me's
Website
www.myspace.com

this has happend to me before(many times)
the worse one was a ghost was taking a tv from my perents so i grab the cord and then i couldnt move.
it started to fly around (me still with the death grip on the cord) so i was trying to let go but couldnt move and then i woke up

i tryed staying up 2 hours later and that worked for me

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards

Sounds fun...

(I'm just morbid like that XP) Anyway, yea, normally listening to music or watching TV while I sleep keeps me from dreaming, so I listen to music every night since all my dreams are nightmares. (Another sign of how morbidly morbid I am)

Aegis

This was pretty freaking Scary.

I see myself in my room and can't seem to move. I feel paralyzed and can barely move my eyes. Suddenly I see a strange creature on my stomach, a devilish shape. My heart beings to pound and uselessly try to scream. My body is floating up form my bed and I can see the tv (Jay Leno was on). I try moving my fingers and toes and slowly I am able to move. I wake up and I'm on my bed with the television on. I get out of my bed and try to refresh and comprehend what just happened. Was it a dream or did it really happen?

I did some searching and I found out what happened to me. My mind or consciousness woke up before my body did. Since we're are paralyze while sleeping, I wasn't able to move because my body was in REM sleep, the paralytic stage of sleep. The demon creature was a hallucination and looked so real. I have never been this scared in my life. I thought I was going to die.

I thought I was the only one who experienced this. It happened around the end of the school year and reoccurred three times. Damn it, must be the stress from FiNALS. Now I'm in a quarter school year(instead of semester), it's happening quite frequently, I need some help/techniques on how to reduce my stress.
Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This could be a night terror as well, although sleep paralysis seems more likely.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

I don't know the real difference between a nightmare and night terror. I guess night terror generally happen when you're a kid, but I'm not sure I've experienced it, or I forgot.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I don't know the real difference between a nightmare and night terror. I guess night terror generally happen when you're a kid, but I'm not sure I've experienced it, or I forgot.

Night Terror is kinda like the opposite of Sleep Paralysis. Where as, like you said, Sleep Paralysis is the phenomena where you wake up early and your mind tries to play catch up; Night Terror is a temporary inability to regain full consciousness. It's like you are stuck in your nightmare for longer than usual. It's usually accompanied by some kind of auditory outburst (like screaming) and more often than not you do not remember what the nightmare was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back