• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch Tetsuya Nomura Draw Sora!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

If you've been following the official Japanese Kingdom Hearts Twitter account over the past week, you may have noticed a series of images featuring Tetsuya Nomura drawing Sora to promote the release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix. It's not often that we have the opportunity to watch him in action, and thanks to Square Enix, you can watch the entire process for yourself!

Source: Kingdom Hearts Twitter

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't know why, but it amuses me that Nomura erased Sora's entire mouth to give him a bigger smile, lol.

Also, I was half expecting Nomura to "slack off" half way through. Now that would have made my day~

Sdog

Awards
Please teach me your ways with the pencil Master Nomura 0-0!

Heartkeeper

Awards
Really cool, this is not the first time I see that pose, Nomura must like it. The video is 4 minutes, how much will it take in real time?, a couple of hours?.

Sdog

Awards
Really cool, this is not the first time I see that pose, Nomura must like it. The video is 4 minutes, how much will it take in real time?, a couple of hours?.

Probably not, with how many times he's been drawin Sora over the years, I'm guessing about 25-30 mins.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Really cool to watch. I can't tell though, is that Sora's KHII outfit or is it a new one entirely? It definitely has similarities to his KHII one, but there seems to be some differences. Maybe I'm going crazy.

EDIT: Yeah never mind, I'm just going crazy.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Also, I was half expecting Nomura to "slack off" half way through. Now that would have made my day~
Well, the Kingdom Key is a little off.

It reminds me of all the fan-drawn/made Kingdom Keys I've seen, where it's really blocky and the proportions are a little weird. Because the KK is super hard to draw for some reason.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Really cool, this is not the first time I see that pose, Nomura must like it.

Which makes me not able to think of fresher poses for Sora every time I draw him, haha.

Well, the Kingdom Key is a little off.

It reminds me of all the fan-drawn/made Kingdom Keys I've seen, where it's really blocky and the proportions are a little weird. Because the KK is super hard to draw for some reason.

I think the end side of its hilt should've stretched out a little bit? He drew it plain straight.

His artwork is impressive to look at, but the pose is just weird and unnatural when it is finished being drawn.

Xagzan

Awards
How about that Ultimania interview though? Nomura said,

"If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.

In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey."

Oh god...We're never going to win! O_O

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I always wished I could just sit down and sketch something amazing like that.
You can! It just takes time, practice, and dedication (just like most things in life). My guy Sisk did it, and I don't think it took him that long (I mean like, a few months - year or whatever to emulate Nomura)
Sora colored by Cornuts16 on deviantART

Yep, lovely to watch! I saw the tread title and was like boom (or click, rather) I'm watching that! Loved the message at the end, we matter to Nomura!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How about that Ultimania interview though? Nomura said,

"If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

This battle will surely last longer.

In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey."

Oh god...We're never going to win! O_O

Ethy and I were talking about that yesterday, ironically.

If Xehanort succeeds and the World becomes enveloped in darkness again, we wouldn't be surprised and honestly would like to see it happen lol

What was that book that was on the table next to his drawing?

KH2 Ultimania.

Sdog

Awards
You two want there to be another Xehanort saga?

Just because he succeeds doesn't necessarily means he will survive into the next saga. He could see it as 'fulfilling his role for someone else to come in and finish'. Nomura has said multiple times that III will be the end of his villainy, at least the main villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back