• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Final Trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm curious now: 1. Why do the models look bad in your opinion and 2. why is the customization ugly?

They look like plastic toys, you can especially see it with Terra when the 3 are together.

And the customisation is ugly because it's a)sexualizing and demeaning Aqua and b) doesn't fit - it's just random things on top of your characters, it's not a new outfit (ex 3D sora outfit vs KH2 outfit etc).

Muke

whatever
Awards
They look like plastic toys, you can especially see it with Terra when the 3 are together.

And the customisation is ugly because it's a)sexualizing and demeaning Aqua and b) doesn't fit - it's just random things on top of your characters, it's not a new outfit (ex 3D sora outfit vs KH2 outfit etc).
How is it sexualising?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
a)sexualizing and demeaning Aqua and b) doesn't fit - it's just random things on top of your characters, it's not a new outfit (ex 3D sora outfit vs KH2 outfit etc).

I mean I think I get where you are coming from, but I'm pretty certain this will also be a feature that can be used by Sora in KH3. 0.2 is essentially a vertical slice of KH3, so almost everything we are seeing gameplay wise is meant to be reflected in KH3 as well. They aren't going to build systems for one super short game on UE4 and not have it in the full one.

Also I don't really think it is sexualizing her at all. It would be something if we were dressing her up like Lightning and Aqua was devoid of any personality but these are silly adornments you see in a lot of games.

Why would she have a new outfit in 0.2 when she is in a literal "Dark World"? You are taking this feature too seriously. It looks optional at that.

palizinhas

Awards
I mean, if you could customize by literally putting Aqua in a bathing suit, I could see the point, but customization in and of itself doesn't really demean a character?? I don't see a whole lot of point in costumization, myself, but there's nothing WRONG with it either.

Back Cover's still the thing I'm most excited about in this, but seeing Sora made me feel great, so 0.2 has been upped in my mind a bit.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well, her accessoires are quite...extra feminine...cant deny that. Same problem LR FFXIII had.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean I think I get where you are coming from, but I'm pretty certain this will also be a feature that can be used by Sora in KH3. 0.2 is essentially a vertical slice of KH3, so almost everything we are seeing gameplay wise is meant to be reflected in KH3 as well. They aren't going to build systems for one super short game on UE4 and not have it in the full one.

Also I don't really think it is sexualizing her at all. It would be something if we were dressing her up like Lightning and Aqua was devoid of any personality but these are silly adornments you see in a lot of games.

Why would she have a new outfit in 0.2 when she is in a literal "Dark World"? You are taking this feature too seriously. It looks optional at that.
i just speechless now master spockanort and the best thing is more news tomrorow at midnigt japan time

CrystalRaine

Just a fun bit of info - the cat ears are called 'Black Figaro', as in the cat from Pinocchio/Minnie's cat, Figaro!

Muke

whatever
Awards

I mean, if you could customize by literally putting Aqua in a bathing suit, I could see the point, but customization in and of itself doesn't really demean a character?? I don't see a whole lot of point in costumization, myself, but there's nothing WRONG with it either.

Back Cover's still the thing I'm most excited about in this, but seeing Sora made me feel great, so 0.2 has been upped in my mind a bit.

It's not, it's not like Aqua is running around in the Realm of Darkness in bikini or something.... Oh crap I think I gave someone a idea.

I mean it's harmless assessories like with UX.

^^^^^ Thanks for everyone putting it way better than i would ever be able to.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Just a quick reminder that "sexualization" doesnt mean that the character has to run around half naked or anything. Theres way more to it than that.

Alr67

Awards
OMG
KH1 RIKU?
cUkqJHm.png

WHY IS MICKEY HALF NAKED?
i8YJ2Ur.png

Xagzan

Awards
Darn, I shouldn't have watched that. Would've been cool to discover the DI in the game itself. Ah well.

At least I got to see customizable Aqua haha.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's literally so much new and possibly interesting in this short trailer that is worth discussing about, but what actually IS discussed?
A mere accessory/dress-up feature that most likely is just for fun and completely optional anyways.
Some weird priorities I have to admit...

palizinhas

Awards
Just a quick reminder that "sexualization" doesnt mean that the character has to run around half naked or anything. Theres way more to it than that.

Well, yeah? But Aqua's not being any more sexualized by costumization than she already was in BBS, and I doubt this game will let it get as bad as far as demeaning Aqua goes as BBS did in Olympus Colyseum, so Aqua's already a point ahead this time around. Customization will likely be a thing available for Sora in KH3 as well, it's not demeaning in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back