• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So, REALLY trying not be stupid here, but was that actual opening movie for KH3? Like, I press NEW GAME and that's what comes up? Because, I think it's a little too short for my liking, but I did like the visuals, but I think it needed more. Also, somebody pointed out that Young Xehanort's eyes weren't yellow, is this another Venitus patch?

Sigh

no, it's not the full version, it's a short version as a trailer

kinxsonic

The CG looked really strange it looked "cheap" (?) and the colors looked weird. 0.2 looked so much better imo. and the song was bad just as i expected. wish i liked it like you guys but unfortunately I don't

kaseykockroach

Awards
I can at least say I like this 'club remix' more than Simple and Clean's.
I've only played this once and OH LET ME FACE LET ME FACE MY FEARS is already bouncing around in my head.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The song is awesome, more or less what I was expecting. The Skrillex sound is fine, it's no worse than the techno pop remix of S&C for KH1's opening.

The opening is well animated, and obviously we'll need to wait for the full video to see how it all fits together. But I was honestly pretty bored by the recap. We've seen this done so many times now, and this wasn't any better than DDD. Actually, I would say it was a lot harder to track the imagery and symbolism than it should be. With DDD's OP, there were a lot of moments that lingered and were then weaved into other moments, but the chess motif here and the cutting back and forth to YX makes everything feel pretty clunky. That may be due to the way they shortened it, who knows. But it wasn't anything special for a KH game, and I hope the full opening includes a lot more than this, but I have a feeling the second half will just be a recap of the BBS trio. Like we didn't already get that done to perfection in 0.2. :p

U.N. Owen

Awards
How can I ruin this for everyone without complaining about the music or the editing? Oh, I can point out the animation errors. At 0:49, Xion's hair is white instead of black. Maybe it's the lighting?

In all seriousness, I like how they used the chess motif and how Xehanort's eyes are silver and turn to the gold we're all familiar with. It gives a sense of transformation.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
How can I ruin this for everyone without complaining about the music or the editing? Oh, I can point out the animation errors. At 0:49, Xion's hair is white instead of black. Maybe it's the lighting?

In all seriousness, I like how they used the chess motif and how Xehanort's eyes are silver and turn to the gold we're all familiar with. It gives a sense of transformation.
If her hair was white it could be foreshadowing that she is one of Xehanort's vessels.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If anything, I found it funny how this recap gave Riku the middle finger the entire time.

"Oh, here's the KH1 section, come show the iconic scene with me and Sora by the beac-" *POF*

"Ah, but the Xemnas fight, still a legendary moment up to this day" Sora fights alone

"Oh, uh... at the very least a nice group shot for the upcoming battle!" It's Sora and Kairi and Donald and Goofy for most of the time

Seriously, the least Riku-centric opening ever in a game that features Riku.
...in a game that features MANY Rikus!

If her hair was white it could be foreshadowing that she is one of Xehanort's vessels.

Although it would still be something worth keeping in mind since it's pretty uneven amongst the vessels and can't be all that there is to it.

Enturax

Awards
Oracle Spockanort said:
Music is subjective and tastes are also subjective. But yeah feel like the superior for disliking mainstream pop music.

Are your eyes okay? Those weren't in-game models or even based on the in-game models. Those models look way better. They are in line with the quality of 0.2.

It is a recap, but we've only seen like half of the video. KH2 was also a recap video. I really disliked KH3D's video but I love this one so I don't agree with you on it being a mediocre KH3D copy.

Generic...even though it isn't even close to anything you see on the market and only mirrors KH1's box art? BBS was generic. This really isn't.

There are literally a scientific proofs that the current pop music is worse than what we had in the past. Simple Google search. And I dislike it regardless, even if it wasn't true. It is a well-known statement across society that the younger generations enjoy these stuff the most, however... And that what's mainstream usually becomes sucky.

It honestly looks similar to the Kairi and Axel cutscene. And the golden particles when Roxas grabs Xion seem very in-game like. But you may be right.

That's why I said that it "seems". Nonetheless none of it has impressed me creativity-wise, unlike KH2's intro and DDD's for that matter. Partly because they've recapped what was already recapped in another intros.

They're all just standing on a building without any specific poses or nuance.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I think it's time for me to check out of this forum until the game comes out. Otherwise, I'm just be gonna reading a lot of posts like the one above me.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Anyone else have a seizure watching this for the first time? Only me?
DDD is nothing compared to this beauty.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
If anything, I found it funny how this recap gave Riku the middle finger the entire time.

"Oh, here's the KH1 section, come show the iconic scene with me and Sora by the beac-" *POF*

"Ah, but the Xemnas fight, still a legendary moment up to this day" Sora fights alone

"Oh, uh... at the very least a nice group shot for the upcoming battle!" It's Sora and Kairi and Donald and Goofy for most of the time

Seriously, the least Riku-centric opening ever in a game that features Riku.
...in a game that features MANY Rikus!
Yeah, I noticed this.. =_=

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
There are literally a scientific proofs that the current pop music is worse than what we had in the past. Simple Google search.

Pfft. Yeah, okay.
Just stop here man, seriously. I shouldn't even honor that statement with the fact that there cannot be any sort of scientific proof over the subjective parameter of "good/bad" over one of the most subjective things that ever existed.
Unless it was backed up by the same people that are arguing Australia doesn't exist.

I think it's time for me to check out of this forum until the game comes out. Otherwise, I'm just be gonna reading a lot of posts like the one above me.

Man, I hope not.

Yeah, I noticed this.. =_=

Yeah, knew you would.
*comforts*
It's going to be alright, perhaps the full version will have much more Riku. Square wouldn't renounce to its silver son so easily.

Neo_

Awards
Please keep Skrillex away from the soundtrack; trash that will be dated in 20 years. Mark my words.

Enturax

Awards
Pfft. Yeah, okay.
Just stop here man, seriously. I shouldn't even honor that statement with the fact that there cannot be any sort of scientific proof over the subjective parameter of "good/bad" over one of the most subjective things that ever existed.
Unless it was backed up by the same people that are arguing Australia doesn't exist.

The studies are based on the complexity and repetitiveness of the music, in short. Did you know for instance, that most of the modern songs are created only by... 2 people? As in those 2 people are literally creating all of them, for every singer.

Back