• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The studies are based on the complexity and repetitiveness of the music, in short. Did you know for instance, that most of the modern songs are created only by... 2 people? As in those 2 people are literally creating all of them, for every singer.

Yeah, okay buddy. Sure. 2 people make music. Like let's ignore the hundreds of producers making music. It's Lukasz Gottwald and Max Martin. YEP. ONLY TWO PEOPLE MAKING MUSIC.

Music doesn't need to be complex to be "good". I've heard some trash complex music, and some beautiful songs that relied on repetitiveness. Music shifts and changes with time.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't like Skrillex so when they announced this collaboration I tried to have an open mind about it, while expecting the worst. I can't say I was wrong about it. Amazing visuals, but the worst opening song this franchise ever had to me.

The song doesn't start bad, but from 1:00 onwards is a complete dumpster fire.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
It's just a trailer.... Donald and Goofy were in the games more than either Kairi or Riku were and they got like 1 second of screen time as well? It's just a teaser trailer.
I know that, I do.
But you may not know how much of a fan I am of Riku. ;)

Zul

Awards

It(the 1:00+ segment) sounded like my decades-old CD player skipping horribly when driving over a speedbump, or someone ran the recording through a cheese grater.

Neo_

Awards
I don't like Skrillex so when they announced this collaboration I tried to have an open mind about it, while expecting the worst. I can't say I was wrong about it. Amazing visuals, but the worst opening song this franchise ever had to me.

Me too, but even the 2 & 4 claves soaked in reverb are annoying as f and have Skrillex's fingerprints all over them; robot man ruining my childhood. This series is so far away from what it once was that I expect this and don't even care anymore.

God, this OP is hype! And yeah, figures most people wouldn't like the dubstep/EDM vibe of this song, but it works for me. Reminds me of the stuff I grew up on in the 90's.

Can't wait for the full version! I'm downloading that shit the moment it drops!
Dubstep reminds you of the '90s? How?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think it's time for me to check out of this forum until the game comes out. Otherwise, I'm just be gonna reading a lot of posts like the one above me.

At least stay around until the 18th, we have a new trailer then!

Also, the Face My Fears track is really growing on me the more I listen to it!

Neo_

Awards
Everyone in their flat-billed hats about to be jumpin' to Face My Fears in da club!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Lots of focus on Young Xehanort in the Opening, and he looks very different from the Young Xehanort in the Organization. Methinks the game's intro will be dedicated to playing as the Young 'nort and see whatever the say corrupted him.

My bet is on that dark star-ish thing that flashed in his eyes.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Breath
(Should I take a deep...?)
Faith
(Should I take a leap...?)
Taste
(What a bittersweet...)
Oh my,
All my life

Let me face, let me face,
Let me face my fears

Oh let me face, let me face,
Let me face my fears

Walk alone, walk alone (along?)
I'm almost here

Watch me cry...
All my tears

Upon another listen, it could be "won't be long, won't be long"

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Upon another listen, it could be "won't be long, won't be long"

I second this as I was hearing something like “I belong” earlier, but that didn’t make sense with “I’m almost here.” I hear “won’t be long” now and it fits in context.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So I really enjoyed it, I was sorta anticipating more lyrics after the dubstep portion, but then you know, it was only a teaser ha. I really like the vocals and at least like the dubstep portion, I think I may like it more when there is more after it.

I like using the chess set to recap stuff, I do agree I want a little more than that for the other half. We already reached KH2 by this point so maybe? Though they barely showed a second of CoM, or at least thats what I assume Marluxia was doing? I dunno I guess ha.

Awards
0w94fftjfa321.jpg
All of the chess pieces.

Xagzan

Awards
I hadn't heard about this at all when I was at Gamestop earlier today. I was checking on my preorder and suddenly the guy asks me if I've heard the new song. I'm like, "You mean the one they've been using in all the trailers?" He said no it was new. I thought he meant a new arrangement of Don't Think Twice, but then he said no, it's literally a new and different song that they're using for the intro.

So yeah, I had my jaw dropped at Gamestop today lol. Had no idea this was a thing. Two new songs for a KH game? Wow. That's never been done before.

All that said, the trailers are one thing, but no way am I watching this full opening movie before the game comes out. Kind of surprised they're showing it.

Leaferian

Awards
I like it. The bass might be a bit too heavy, but I love the section where it spins through the chess pieces... reminds me very much of the electric rock bridge in KH2s opening.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Thank ya.

I love how according to the trailer Xemnas is supposed to be represented by the piece that was considered to be Larxene by like 90% of the "chess pieces analysis" theories.

Yeah to be honest I genuinely don't know what half of these even are lol. They are very nondescript. So I can't blame them for not getting that.

Meow Wow

Awards
The studies are based on the complexity and repetitiveness of the music, in short. Did you know for instance, that most of the modern songs are created only by... 2 people? As in those 2 people are literally creating all of them, for every singer.

Actually, the "two people" thing applies to a majority of songwriting for mainstream pop. As in the lyrics, not the entire song, which is what I'm interpreting from your post. Even then, I'm sure it can be debated whether or not it is true. There are still a large handful of those who made it big with their own songwriting and production.

A piece of music being repetitive or being called "scientifically bad" doesn't mean it is actually bad. The person listening to the music dictates whether it's good or bad to them. If a lot of people don't like the new opening or Skrillex, then it's bad to them, but others love it and it's good to them. We're all human with different tastes and opinions and that's what matters in the end.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I think the song is decent enough; I generally don't like this type of music, but I find it fairly enjoyable. I like the beat and the lyrics, but it kind of loses me past the minute mark when the bass gets heavy and it turns very techno (if that's the right term? I'm not good with musical jargon). Probably my least favourite of the opening songs, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. It'll grow on me quickly enough.

The opening itself is as visually pleasing as ever. The only thing that seemed a little off to me were the shots involving Roxas. Something about him in the majority of those shots - save for the one where he summons his Keyblades and goes to clash with Axel - looks a little off, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Back